Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #166
disneydreamin247
DIS Veteran

i_heart I am SOOOO sorry for your cancellation, but Christmas sounds even better!

Melissa Sending you so much hugs and pixie dust. I hope miss Sarah is feeling tip top soon. Don't count the Grand out just yet! You never know what will happen within the next 8 months

Candace WOW! That was a whirlwind! lol April is sooooo expensive. It makes me

Linda I KNOWWW! I am so pumped for tonight. Did you hear Jessica Lange is leaving the show after next season? It won't be the same!

Linda How are you doing? I hope you are also in tip top shape ASAP as well!.

sis I have Spring fever! But we are likely not going until July, and I am NOT ok with that. I need Disney and I need it NOW.

Ok I knowwww I am forgetting some peeps and I apologize. I am all over the place today. I haven't even been able to focus on Disney planning at all. I have some big changes coming in my life, and once everything is finalized I will be SO excited to share it with you all.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #167
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamin247 View Post
i_heart I am SOOOO sorry for your cancellation, but Christmas sounds even better!

Melissa Sending you so much hugs and pixie dust. I hope miss Sarah is feeling tip top soon. Don't count the Grand out just yet! You never know what will happen within the next 8 months

Linda I KNOWWW! I am so pumped for tonight. Did you hear Jessica Lange is leaving the show after next season? It won't be the same!

sis I have Spring fever! But we are likely not going until July, and I am NOT ok with that. I need Disney and I need it NOW.

Ok I knowwww I am forgetting some peeps and I apologize. I am all over the place today. I haven't even been able to focus on Disney planning at all. I have some big changes coming in my life, and once everything is finalized I will be SO excited to share it with you all.
Ah man! Leaving us hanging.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #168
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Making my weekly call to Disney to check on rooms I have come to the conclusion that every single CM I talk to will give me a totally different response when I explain I am looking for rooms that might have opened up under a particular rate. Some tell me they release more rooms every few weeks if inventory is slow, another tells me WYSIWYG, and tonight's said that even if someone switches rooms, their original room goes back to Rack Rate rather than back under the special rate. AHHHH - where is the truth?!?!?!

For now, we're still at WL. I really want an excuse to move to YC/BC but can't justify the price jump with no guarantee of the daybed (which is also something the CMs differ on: some say you will get it, others say no... I know the second group is right despite how much the first group believes they are).

I'm totally happy with WL but I am just itching for SOMETHING... just wish I knew what it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post

dmindgal1: The Treehouses were so nice and peaceful. They have 2 full baths and 3 full bedrooms: 2 with queens beds and 1 with a set of bunk beds. That equals 6 people although I remember seeing that it officially sleeps more (9 maybe?) on the WDW website. FYI: I wouldn't stay here for a parks-heavy trip unless you have your own car. You must change buses at SSR and take a shuttle to the treehouses for each trip to a park you take.
Good to know! Might recommend it to the in laws if they take a trip without us... they are more for a couple park days and lots of time wandering the property.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Hi girls. I think I'd better do a quick catch up then go lay down. I don't usually catch the kid's gunk, but this one appears to want to take me down too. Ugh. Mamas aren't supposed to get sick.

dimndgal - We did September in 2011. The heat was as bad as August and June, but the super low crowds were worth it!
FEEL BETTER! I hate when I catch bugs from the kids - especially when they get better as I get knocked down! Last year I was a substitute at DD"s school and I swear bouncing between the rooms made me catch ALL the germs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

Sweet, almost ADR time! What part of June did you go? It sounds like our experience... when we first arrived, the crowds were pretty low. Then, as the week progressed, the crowds turned totally INSANE! Rides down constantly due to rain made it even worse.
Still a bit out for ADRs but looks much better than almost 400!!! Plus, my friend is going to offer her input so we can hit some of her 'must do's and that will mean I have to plan even further out so I have time to figure out when and run things by her and DH!!!

We got to Disney right around the 20th of June and it was starting to get busy (there was a dance group there that took over POR and were out of control, so that didn't help with how the crowds felt. We left on the 28th and it was DEFINITELY tons busier in the parks. The rain at the start helped thin things, but by the end of the trip the 4th of July crowds were coming in and the humidity was oppressive. We taught my ILs the art of the 'mid day break' and they learned to love it - i. e. we did HS AM EMH, rode TSM 2x RnR 3x, and ToT 4x (I ended up doing ToT 7x b/c DD was too short for RnR and I can't do coasters so we used FPs for group while they did RnR... I was sooooo dizzy!!!). We left at noon, napped and swam, then went back for MK PM EMH 8p-2a... they couldn't beleive we got 9 hours in with such a long break!

The potential for the heat in Sept makes me look at the resorts with the better pools and think 'hmmmm.....', especially because we are planning an 'off' day and an 'off' morning (so we can do MNSSHP that night). We debated adding WP&M to the ticket, but my mom is DYING to do the WPs and we are going with my family the next year, so I kind of want to save it for that trip. *sighs* So many considerations!!!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-6) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #169
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue

While watching a very frustrating baseball game, my mother and I have decided we are going to stick with a DFTW. She doesn't like the extra work that we would have to do with the Swalphin since we aren't local or something of that sort. At least we won't have to worry about making a decision between Swalphin and DFTW now.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #170
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian Gracey
While watching a very frustrating baseball game, my mother and I have decided we are going to stick with a DFTW. She doesn't like the extra work that we would have to do with the Swalphin since we aren't local or something of that sort. At least we won't have to worry about making a decision between Swalphin and DFTW now.
Sorry @ the game but I love decisions like that! Yay and happy planning!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
Old 10-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #171
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Good morning, ladies.

Melissa & I_Heart: Hope the kiddos are feeling better this morning.

Sue: I forgot to mention, those reno pics... WOW! Well done on those changes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Just like my DFIL who recently told us we need to stop going to Disney and go to Greece or something...

We haven't told him we are booked for August...
Crazy we have to do these things, eh?

Quote:
WHAT?! Ah, that blows. I love Jessica Lange. She is just a pure joy to watch.

Quote:
Where's that popcorn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
The potential for the heat in Sept makes me look at the resorts with the better pools and think 'hmmmm.....', especially because we are planning an 'off' day and an 'off' morning (so we can do MNSSHP that night). We debated adding WP&M to the ticket, but my mom is DYING to do the WPs and we are going with my family the next year, so I kind of want to save it for that trip. *sighs* So many considerations!!!
I'm with ya. We're all about the pools, really. Heck, I'm not even sure WHY but because we love BC/YC so much (for SAB) we're risking it (again) for January. Maybe one of those days will be warm enough to swim... thankfully we lucked out last January and were able to swim on a couple of those days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian Gracey View Post
One less thing to consider! Makes it a ton easier, I bet. What options do you get with the DFTW... any resort or only a handful? (I'm clueless about these things.)
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #172
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

Dani Hmmmm.......way to make us all curious, spill it girl

Quote:
Making my weekly call to Disney to check on rooms I have come to the conclusion that every single CM I talk to will give me a totally different response when I explain I am looking for rooms that might have opened up under a particular rate. Some tell me they release more rooms every few weeks if inventory is slow, another tells me WYSIWYG, and tonight's said that even if someone switches rooms, their original room goes back to Rack Rate rather than back under the special rate. AHHHH - where is the truth?!?!?!

For now, we're still at WL. I really want an excuse to move to YC/BC but can't justify the price jump with no guarantee of the daybed (which is also something the CMs differ on: some say you will get it, others say no... I know the second group is right despite how much the first group believes they are).

I'm totally happy with WL but I am just itching for SOMETHING... just wish I knew what it was!

Good to know! Might recommend it to the in laws if they take a trip without us... they are more for a couple park days and lots of time wandering the property.

FEEL BETTER! I hate when I catch bugs from the kids - especially when they get better as I get knocked down! Last year I was a substitute at DD"s school and I swear bouncing between the rooms made me catch ALL the germs!!!

Still a bit out for ADRs but looks much better than almost 400!!! Plus, my friend is going to offer her input so we can hit some of her 'must do's and that will mean I have to plan even further out so I have time to figure out when and run things by her and DH!!!

We got to Disney right around the 20th of June and it was starting to get busy (there was a dance group there that took over POR and were out of control, so that didn't help with how the crowds felt. We left on the 28th and it was DEFINITELY tons busier in the parks. The rain at the start helped thin things, but by the end of the trip the 4th of July crowds were coming in and the humidity was oppressive. We taught my ILs the art of the 'mid day break' and they learned to love it - i. e. we did HS AM EMH, rode TSM 2x RnR 3x, and ToT 4x (I ended up doing ToT 7x b/c DD was too short for RnR and I can't do coasters so we used FPs for group while they did RnR... I was sooooo dizzy!!!). We left at noon, napped and swam, then went back for MK PM EMH 8p-2a... they couldn't beleive we got 9 hours in with such a long break!

dimndgal1 Any interest in BWI? I believe all rooms there have a daybed or at least most do.

As far as my experience with the room availability/inventory with promotions go, I know the times I have cancelled a particular room category it went back to rack rate inventory. Once I had booked GW Deluxe at CR then changed to Tower TPV and then checked to see if the Deluxe showed as available under the promo and it did not but was showing in rack rate.

Also had the same thing happen with BC Studio Villa but I've also seen rooms open up when previously there were none so I do think as with everything else with Disney there is no rhyme or reason to it.

Quote:
Hannah I do think you will be happier going with the Disney Pkg

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #173
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGIC...itis! View Post
And as for that quiz you took that said you had NJ 'tude..... fuggeddaboudit, it's all %&$#@* good!!!!!!

pas130: I am hopelessly lost with your wonderful planning (as it should be!!!!)
So as it stands Poly Dec3-6. GF Sugarloaf in August

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post
Hi girls. I think I'd better do a quick catch up then go lay down. I don't usually catch the kid's gunk, but this one appears to want to take me down too. Ugh. Mamas aren't supposed to get sick.

pas- Bean bags! What a great idea. I'm going to get a few of those for the kids. I'll be they will flip for them. Sorry DS is sick too. This year stinks for the germs! And new glasses too? You need a Like my dad used to say, if it's not one thing, it's ten others.
Hope you are feeling better Mama!! I told my kids no new couch until they stop jumping on the furniture...soon we will be sitting on the floor

Quote:
Thanks for the reassurance and advice! I don't think I could go wrong with a Swan/Dolphin or DFT Wedding. I sent in my requests to a wedding consultant for date/time/venue so they can book it when my 8 month mark comes up! So I have 4 months to decide whether I want to have a Swan/Dolphin or DFT Wedding.

Quote:
2 Universal trips! That sounds like a pretty darn good bunch of celebrating. I felt horrible that we did such nice things for my non-4-0 birthday -- just went out and got him a Disney GC and a bunch of nerd-shirts to give him whilst we're there. He's not allowed to one-up me.

DH and I were texting about our trips...I asked the kids about FP, and they said Simpsons and Men in black so DHs reply...cat vs. mouse...cat wins

He has super-human powers! Did he say, "Breakable-smakeable, we'll see about that..." when he was picking them out?
He probably did...

Our scholarly QUEEN! Way to flippin' GO!

Thank you

Quote:
I am all over the place today. I haven't even been able to focus on Disney planning at all. I have some big changes coming in my life, and once everything is finalized I will be SO excited to share it with you all.
SIS!!! Don't leave us hanging too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Ah man! Leaving us hanging.
I know she is killing me!!

Quote:

Yea...no daybed guarantee...even with a party of 5 plus infant (it was I heart that happened too, right???)

Quote:
Wedding ch-ch-changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Dani Hmmmm.......way to make us all curious, spill it girl

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #174
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Hi RCers,
It's time for me to get caught up with the thread.

I heart- I am sorry you had to cancel, but know you will plan something fabulous for the new dates.

SueM-Loved your reno photos!

Melissa-How is Sarah? Hope shes feeling better.

Miss-Have a wonderful trip!!

Mousemommy-GF??? Sounds heavenly!

Dani-Whats up? Looking forward to hearing your news!

Magic-Loved hearing about your treehouse birthday holiday!

Dimndgal-We tend to visit in Sept/early Oct. We really enjoy our pool time, I understand you pondering that.

Hannah-Its lots of fun to follow along with your wedding plans. Congrats!!

Pas-Your pending trips look fabulous!

Jenny-Noticed your ticker, its only 3 weeks!

Janet-Good luck to the awesome marching band this weekend!

Kook-So good to see you stopped by!!

Sjs314-Are you guys going to dine at Saana? We had a really yummy lunch there last trip.
--------------------------------------------------
Ive been a bit swamped these days, but think Ive finally caught up. Its much more fun to DIS than do chores&lol!
Hope everyone has a great Thursday! Hugs to all the RCers!

Last edited by gwynne; 10-24-2013 at 01:13 PM.
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #175
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Quote:

I'm with ya. We're all about the pools, really. Heck, I'm not even sure WHY but because we love BC/YC so much (for SAB) we're risking it (again) for January. Maybe one of those days will be warm enough to swim... thankfully we lucked out last January and were able to swim on a couple of those days.
We did love SAB last year - we did split stay with POR/YC and ILs kept griping about the price change (YC was my dream resort so I appeased the group by splitting so DD could do RR at POR). Once they saw the rooms and SAB, they were sold - worth every dollar extra!

I keep looking at the AKL pool and love the idea of it with our littlest DD - the zero entry and splash area are nice - but I really like the proximity of WL. Truthfully, I'd love the GF pool but that's still out of our budget right now... maybe one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Yea...no daybed guarantee...even with a party of 5 plus infant (it was I heart that happened too, right???)
SERIOUSLY? LOL - EVERY CM has said "you need 5 ages 3+ to guarantee a daybed... over and over, often several times in the same call. I keep wanting to ask if they had a 4 year old I could borrow to make it work.

Stinks that even with the right set up you can't guarantee the daybed!!! *shakes head* I hope whoever had that problem had a good discussion with Guest Services.

Quote:
dimndgal1 Any interest in BWI? I believe all rooms there have a daybed or at least most do.

As far as my experience with the room availability/inventory with promotions go, I know the times I have cancelled a particular room category it went back to rack rate inventory. Once I had booked GW Deluxe at CR then changed to Tower TPV and then checked to see if the Deluxe showed as available under the promo and it did not but was showing in rack rate.

Also had the same thing happen with BC Studio Villa but I've also seen rooms open up when previously there were none so I do think as with everything else with Disney there is no rhyme or reason to it.
Would LOVE to do BWI but DD has a weird clown issue and I worry the slide at the pool would push her over the edge. We went to see Ringling Bros. last spring and she was all smiles... then woke up crying in the middle of the night about the clowns. Come to find out the clown from Toy Story 3 made her so sad that when she sees clowns, she thinks about how he was abandoned. I tried to explain that he gets a home at the end, but she fixated on the sad part. I was all set to handle a fear of clowns, not an extraordinary sympathizing

Good to know that they were both sort of right - rooms do disappear from availability but can sometimes open up. The CM I talked to last seemed rather persnickety that I was calling back... I mentioned that while the chances of my perfect room appearing might be small, it was still worth it to me and, oh yeah, there might be a PIN code that pops up. She conceded that could happen but still was less than magical about it all.

DH an I are investigating the possibility of a Villa (the kitchen might be nice to have) but I may just wait until the fall specials start coming. We'll see!
Old 10-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #176
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Pas-Your pending trips look fabulous!
Hi Ginny DISing is so much more fun than chores

Quote:
SERIOUSLY? LOL - EVERY CM has said "you need 5 ages 3+ to guarantee a daybed... over and over, often several times in the same call. I keep wanting to ask if they had a 4 year old I could borrow to make it work.

Stinks that even with the right set up you can't guarantee the daybed!!! *shakes head* I hope whoever had that problem had a good discussion with Guest Services.
I think it was I heart, but don't feel bad for our sweetie..that was the trip she did 4 CL stays, and I THINK she was upgraded at each resort EXCEPT YC I mean...GRAND suite!! A BWI suite!!! let me do a search....

found it...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2941085

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #177
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Can I just say I want to close my eyes and wake up in Dec. it's been such a long week I need some Disney magic I may have to finagle a trip soon!!!

Hope to catch up with everyone soon!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #178
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
Can I just say I want to close my eyes and wake up in Dec. it's been such a long week I need some Disney magic I may have to finagle a trip soon!!!

Hope to catch up with everyone soon!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
You and me both!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #179
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

ginny we have an ADR for lunch I made it for 11:30 when they open with hopes of a window table

dimndgal1 Ah too back about the clown issue with DD but I know how that can be my youngest was totally freaked out by Chuck E Cheese

10 Days and counting

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #180
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Quote:
10 Days and counting

Doing a little "almost there" dancing with ya!

Jeanette: That must be the longest you've held onto one resort... right? That Poly reservation.

Dimndgal1: Oh yeah, the AKL pool is awfully nice.

Ginny: Thanks!

~~======================~~

Just going down my packing list; cubes have now been thrown in the suitcase. A few last minute things'll have to wait until the night/morning of. I really loathe having to check 2 suitcases but the party creates costume havoc with my minimalist packing preferences. 2 suitcases and a carry-on, backpack, purse; it feels like I'm going on an expedition. At least DME takes care of it from the airport.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: