Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Room only reservation - checking in tonight - they've billed my c/c?

Hi guys! I wasn't sure if this was the best place to post this.

Brief explanation - we currently have a c/m discount (friends and family rate) and we arrive later tonight (haven't even left home yet). I paid the deposit when I booked the reservation with our c/m friend and since it's a room only reservation the balance is due at check-in, which I've done on another reservation in the past.

I just called WDW to ask if I could apply some of my Disney Gift cards to the balance before we check in tonight so I don't have to bring them with me and to save some time. I owe $267.xx. The WDW agent told me my balance is paid and at first said someone spread pixie dust. Well I know better and I know our c/m friend wouldn't have paid it.

I then checked my SWA Visa card and sure enough they got an authorization TODAY for the balance of $267.xx. They didn't even allow me to pay at check-in which is a little upsetting because I wanted to use the gift cards I have, that I budgeted for and got at Target using my Rx and Red card and saved almost 10%. In no way will this make or break us however it's the principle.

The agent has had me on hold researching this for 40 minutes and she can't figure out what happened and she keeps saying, it shows you checked in and paid it. No, I promise I'm still at home - lol!

Has this happened to anyone else? I'd rather have real life stories then what she might tell me as she doesn't seem very sure of herself or even what's going on. If they have gotten the authorization (which I show they did) and it's technically paid on their end, can I still have them reverse that and use my gift cards for the balance?

Thanks in advance - we leave in a few hours and I'd like to save some aggravation!

I just hung up with the agent and she said she was advised it was because I did on-line check in? Well the stranger thing is, it never LET me do online check in when I tried several weeks ago so I gave up and said no biggie. Never got an email confirmation or anything. She said because I gave my credit card for the charging privileges this is why (I don't remember it saying it would charge my c/c for room only rate and I couldn't pay at check-in) but she spoke to someone at our resort who was going to credit back my credit card and allow me to use my gift cards. I foresee a disaster - lol. I'm going with an open mind and here I was worried about Magic Band issues, FP-, FP+, etc.!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Platinum): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy, 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I), & 12/2014 Wonder Next: 6/2015 (Magic-Europe), & 3/2016 Magic/WDW.
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInTheMagic View Post
Hi guys! I wasn't sure if this was the best place to post this.

Brief explanation - we currently have a c/m discount (friends and family rate) and we arrive later tonight (haven't even left home yet). I paid the deposit when I booked the reservation with our c/m friend and since it's a room only reservation the balance is due at check-in, which I've done on another reservation in the past.

I just called WDW to ask if I could apply some of my Disney Gift cards to the balance before we check in tonight so I don't have to bring them with me and to save some time. I owe $267.xx. The WDW agent told me my balance is paid and at first said someone spread pixie dust. Well I know better and I know our c/m friend wouldn't have paid it.

I then checked my SWA Visa card and sure enough they got an authorization TODAY for the balance of $267.xx. They didn't even allow me to pay at check-in which is a little upsetting because I wanted to use the gift cards I have, that I budgeted for and got at Target using my Rx and Red card and saved almost 10%. In no way will this make or break us however it's the principle.

The agent has had me on hold researching this for 40 minutes and she can't figure out what happened and she keeps saying, it shows you checked in and paid it. No, I promise I'm still at home - lol!

Has this happened to anyone else? I'd rather have real life stories then what she might tell me as she doesn't seem very sure of herself or even what's going on. If they have gotten the authorization (which I show they did) and it's technically paid on their end, can I still have them reverse that and use my gift cards for the balance?

Thanks in advance - we leave in a few hours and I'd like to save some aggravation!

I just hung up with the agent and she said she was advised it was because I did on-line check in? Well the stranger thing is, it never LET me do online check in when I tried several weeks ago so I gave up and said no biggie. Never got an email confirmation or anything. She said because I gave my credit card for the charging privileges this is why (I don't remember it saying it would charge my c/c for room only rate and I couldn't pay at check-in) but she spoke to someone at our resort who was going to credit back my credit card and allow me to use my gift cards. I foresee a disaster - lol. I'm going with an open mind and here I was worried about Magic Band issues, FP-, FP+, etc.!

Heather
This is something listed in tiny writing when you do online check in, but if you didn't do online check in that's strange. I know others have posted similar cases of this, so it's something that's been discussed here recently on the dis, maybe do a search & see how it worked for others.

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Angeejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
tkgdisney
Mouseketeer

Your cm friend has to go show their id for you to get the discount. The person that did the verification must have run the cc through then. They can redo when you get there.
tkgdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #4
tkgdisney
Mouseketeer

You can't do online checkin with a cm discount because of the verification needed. They gave you bad info.
tkgdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Maybe online check in net through on their end?

I'd either use your gift cards for other things or they can refund your card and your can use the GC at the front desk. The refund won't be immediate though if you need the money during the trip.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
IBelieveInTheMagic
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys! Our c/m friend went to the resort and did what he needed to over a week ago. The c/c authorization went through this morning so it's not linked to that. I honestly think they just made a mistake somehow?

Agreed - I'd much prefer to use my gift cards that I have already for the $200 instead of having to pay that on my credit card but I know the gift cards will be used for my next cruise so it's not too serious. Third world problems

Thanks for responding and we'll be there in about 7-8 hours!

Heather
WDW: 11/2008 (MVMCP), 9-10/2009 (MNSSHP, F&W, Pirates Pal Cruise & Pirates League), 4/2010 (Flower & Garden Festival & Jedi Training), 10/2010 (MNSSHP & F&W), 6/2011 (SWW & Universal Studios), 11/2011 Girls Trip (MVMCP & Osborne Lights), 6/2012 and 11/2012 (Osborne Lights), and WDW/MNSSHP 10/2013.
DCL (Platinum): 6/2012 (KSC & Dream), 8/2012 Dream, 12/2012 Fantasy (Mom & I), 6/2013 Wonder(Alaska), 9/2013 Dream (girls cruise) & 12/2013 Dream (girls cruise), 1/2014 Magic, 4/2014 Fantasy, 9/2014 Dream (Mom and I), & 12/2014 Wonder Next: 6/2015 (Magic-Europe), & 3/2016 Magic/WDW.
IBelieveInTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: