Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #136
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
If you request north wing, high floor you will most likely have a view of the Contemporary and possibly the monorail. Some of the rooms also have a view of the castle and the high fireworks from Wishes. It all depends on whether or not there is a tree in your way. The 6th floor rooms have an enclosed balcony, which means that you have to stand to see out. The fifth floor and lower in the north wing have open balconies, which are normal balconies. There are lots of pictures of the balconies and views over on the Wilderness Lodge facts thread.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3111366

The north wing is also very convenient to Roaring Forks counter service and the boat dock.
I just wanted to thank-you so much for your help with the room location at WL. Our location is perfect! 3rd floor, North Wing and SO close to Roaring forks, pool and boat dock!
flinkerfrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #137
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Well, I have been stuck in the room all afternoon because my poor little DS 3 has a low grade fever. My DH and DS6 are at Hollywood Studios enjoying fast passes to 3 rides that I set up this am.
As for my DS3..this is actually his 3rd fever since we've got here, but they have only lasted half a day or so and then he bounces right back.
My DS6 had a fever yesterday as well, but it broke after some Motrin and a good nap around the pool.
Last Fri both boys also had diarrhea. My DS3 had it all day, but my DS6 only had it a few times and then he was fine.
I honestly believe it is from the pool water. I say this because they are never ever sick like this, and they have been swimming non stop since we got here. They also seem to swallow a lot of water when they swim which we have been reminding them MANY times NOT to do!
Another reason why I say this is because I have noticed A LOT of ducks that swim in the pools. We have kicked them out whenever we see them, but they poop in the pools. In fact, I saw one do it at the BC, told the lifeguard, and they closed down the specific section of the pool to clean it and re test the chlorine levels.
It made me question how much bacteria could actually be in the pools. I know they keep the levels high to kill off bacteria from all the people etc, but I can't think of any other reason as to why they keep getting these little bugs here and there...
Thankfully it has not put a damper on our trip, and we have not had to change any plans (other then today being in the room right now) but only because all my sweet little boy wants to do is sleep. I could have had him sleep in the stroller, but I thought it would be better if he had a really good nap!
Another TIP has just come to me...MAKE SURE if you have smaller children that can not ride a certain ride, but you have older ones that can, TOTALLY utilize the "rider swap" My 3 yr old is tiny, and he unfortunately can't ride a lot of the rides, so we get the rider swap each time which means my other son gets to ride most things twice!
My DH goes first with my DS 6, then when they return I get to go on with my DS 6 and we enter through the fast pass line. It really is a great thing!
My DS 6 has rode soooo many rides multiple times because of the rider swap, and fast passes of course!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #138
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post
We have really enjoyed our stay at the BC. The pool is AWESOME and my boys have really enjoyed the slide. Even my 3 yr old went down it which I couldn't believe!!!
Love the boat to DHS, we have used it twice!
We loved Cape May as well, great breakfast and the character interaction was great as well!
I would love to try dinner, but my DH is allergic to a lot of seafood, so we had to avoid it (for now...hehe) I LOVE seafood, so I will admit I was sad not to do it, but maybe next year!
We move onto WL tom, so I will update soon! We plan on spending the day tom (today now since it is 1:30 in the morning now) at SAB, and then move over to WL around 3 or 4pm.
I am glad you have enjoyed the updates, and I also thank-you for all your help, and wonderful advice
You're welcome.....glad I could help .

Glad you enjoyed the BC....it really is a beautiful resort . Sorry your DH is allergic to seafood and you couldn't do Cape May for dinner, but hopefully you can try it next time because it really is good (at least we love it ).

Quote:
Quick update cause I really need to get to bed..lol

We spent the day at DHS. Love the boat ride, so relaxing.

We ate lunch at Hollywood and Vine, and loved it! The food was great, so much variety, and the character interaction was amazing. We had a later lunch time (1:55pm), so it wasn't as busy so I think that's why we saw the characters multiple times during our lunch. A CM gets the kids up, and they dance around the restaurant along with the characters, and are very interactive with the kids. My kids had a blast!

Tip: DO NOT get a fastpass for any of the shows if you go during a month that is not as busy. We got a fast pass for the "Lights, Motor, Action" show and the fast pass line flows into the regular line, so it was such a waste of a fastpass The show was great though!!

We missed Fantasmic *tears* and literally by about 1 min! My son had to use the washroom, so when he came out we were told the show was at full capacity..boo

I will say that I am so glad I followed "easywdw" in regards to the "most recommended" park days because he is bang on! We have attended each park on the recommended days except one due to a dining reservation, and WOW, that park that was NOT recommended was sooo busy!!!

We have been very lucky with wait times, and very lucky with all the fast passes we have been able to snag. They still have the paper ones, so you can get your 3 from the My Disney Experience, and then you are still able to get the paper ones at the parks.

Oh, the dance party at DHS last night was so fun, and my boys had a ball! So many characters came out to dance! The EMH was not busy at all and my son and DH rode The Tower or Terror multiple times!

Another TIP: If you purchase the Photopass for the ride pics only (it is 49.99) make sure you take a pic of the back of the card where the code is. If you were to misplace the card, you can still retrieve your pics because all you need is the code. We have some awesome pics, and you can get multiple pics at each ride if you have other family members that go on the ride as well. There is no limit. Now, the card only allows you to add pics at certain ride attractions. You get quite a few, but it is not all rides where pics are taken. If anyone wants or needs to know what ride attractions they offer it, let me know and I can tell you.

I think that's it for now...so nighty night, and chat soon
Sounds like you're having a fabulous time . Thanks for the tip on the photopass .

Quote:
Loved the BC and so happy we tried it! We will return to the resort in the future for sure!
AKL is still our fav though but SAB was so much fun and I got some great pics and videos

BB is so fun, and we plan on doing it one more time which would be 3 times for us on our trip
I think it's great that you are there for so long and are able to experience 3 different resorts in one trip and stay long enough at each one to really get a feel for them . Have fun at BB again.....we love it too .

Quote:
I am going to wait a few days before I post a full review only so I can see and experience the Lodge

We do have a fabulous location! We are in the North Wing, 3rd floor. We have a woods view (I did ask if we could get courtyard view, but none were available) and we have bunk beds. Our room is 2 doors away from the elevator (Room 3030) so we are SUPER close to Roaring Forks for food and to refill our mugs. We are also very close to the pool and boat dock.
The only downfall about being this close to the elevator is the noise in the am. I was woken up a few times early hearing kids yelling and running down the halls. At least it didn't wake my kids, so it was all good!
The room is probably the smallest out of all 3 resorts, but it is clean and in great condition!
Glad you like your room and location .

Quote:
Well, I have been stuck in the room all afternoon because my poor little DS 3 has a low grade fever. My DH and DS6 are at Hollywood Studios enjoying fast passes to 3 rides that I set up this am.
As for my DS3..this is actually his 3rd fever since we've got here, but they have only lasted half a day or so and then he bounces right back.
My DS6 had a fever yesterday as well, but it broke after some Motrin and a good nap around the pool.
Last Fri both boys also had diarrhea. My DS3 had it all day, but my DS6 only had it a few times and then he was fine.
I honestly believe it is from the pool water. I say this because they are never ever sick like this, and they have been swimming non stop since we got here. They also seem to swallow a lot of water when they swim which we have been reminding them MANY times NOT to do!
Another reason why I say this is because I have noticed A LOT of ducks that swim in the pools. We have kicked them out whenever we see them, but they poop in the pools. In fact, I saw one do it at the BC, told the lifeguard, and they closed down the specific section of the pool to clean it and re test the chlorine levels.
It made me question how much bacteria could actually be in the pools. I know they keep the levels high to kill off bacteria from all the people etc, but I can't think of any other reason as to why they keep getting these little bugs here and there...
Thankfully it has not put a damper on our trip, and we have not had to change any plans (other then today being in the room right now) but only because all my sweet little boy wants to do is sleep. I could have had him sleep in the stroller, but I thought it would be better if he had a really good nap!
I'm sorry your little guy is sick and that both have taken turns with fevers over the course of your trip . I hope he feels better soon . Glad it's not putting a damper on your trip......I hope your remaining days they are well and they can enjoy the rest of their trip .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #139
OnSpaceshipEarth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Another TIP has just come to me...MAKE SURE if you have smaller children that can not ride a certain ride, but you have older ones that can, TOTALLY utilize the "rider swap" My 3 yr old is tiny, and he unfortunately can't ride a lot of the rides, so we get the rider swap each time which means my other son gets to ride most things twice!
My DH goes first with my DS 6, then when they return I get to go on with my DS 6 and we enter through the fast pass line. It really is a great thing!
My DS 6 has rode soooo many rides multiple times because of the rider swap, and fast passes of course!

Ooooohhhh...so sorry to hear this!

You've given us Disney fans such a gift with this live report! Only post when you feel like it sweetheart!
OnSpaceshipEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:10 AM   #140
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnSpaceshipEarth View Post
Ooooohhhh...so sorry to hear this!

You've given us Disney fans such a gift with this live report! Only post when you feel like it sweetheart!
Awww..thank-you

I really enjoy doing the trip report and helping any diser's

My DS3 perked back up around 5pm, so off we go to Hollywood Studio's to see Fantasmic for our 2nd try (my DH came back from HS to pick us up) and on the way my DS3 throws up in the car, so back to the hotel we go! I swear I'm not meant to see Fantasmic..LOL
Turns out it was the chocolate milk he drank that made him sick, and he was fine once we got him back and cleaned up, thank-god!
So, we missed Fantasmic, so we took the book over to MK and spent 3 hrs in the park. We actually got a lot of rides in which was great and watched the fireworks of course

Tom we have a Character Breakfast at Ohana, swim at the resort (maybe rent a sea racyer) and then we will be attending the MNSSHP! Yay!!

We are really enjoying WL, and I just realized while laying in bed that our room is actually bigger then the regular room at AKL. Not by much, but it is a bit more spacious.

No towel animal today, but that was only because I was in our room when housekeeping came, and my DS was asleep due to not feeling well. She did a great job though cleaning etc, and was very sweet.

Anyhow, better get to bed. I'm a big night hawk, and funny enough I'm always the first one up as well, go figure!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #141
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awww..thank-you

I really enjoy doing the trip report and helping any diser's

My DS3 perked back up around 5pm, so off we go to Hollywood Studio's to see Fantasmic for our 2nd try (my DH came back from HS to pick us up) and on the way my DS3 throws up in the car, so back to the hotel we go! I swear I'm not meant to see Fantasmic..LOL
Turns out it was the chocolate milk he drank that made him sick, and he was fine once we got him back and cleaned up, thank-god!
So, we missed Fantasmic, so we took the book over to MK and spent 3 hrs in the park. We actually got a lot of rides in which was great and watched the fireworks of course

Tom we have a Character Breakfast at Ohana, swim at the resort (maybe rent a sea racyer) and then we will be attending the MNSSHP! Yay!!

We are really enjoying WL, and I just realized while laying in bed that our room is actually bigger then the regular room at AKL. Not by much, but it is a bit more spacious.

No towel animal today, but that was only because I was in our room when housekeeping came, and my DS was asleep due to not feeling well. She did a great job though cleaning etc, and was very sweet.

Anyhow, better get to bed. I'm a big night hawk, and funny enough I'm always the first one up as well, go figure!
Sorry you didn't make it to Fantasmic, but glad your little guy is feeling better and you were able to go to MK . Enjoy your Ohana breakfast....that's one of our favorites. You are going to love the Halloween party. We have been 3 times and the 3rd time was just as much fun as the 1st . Have a great day swimming and renting a sea racer (those are a lot of fun) and have fun at the party tonight .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #142
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Sorry you didn't make it to Fantasmic, but glad your little guy is feeling better and you were able to go to MK . Enjoy your Ohana breakfast....that's one of our favorites. You are going to love the Halloween party. We have been 3 times and the 3rd time was just as much fun as the 1st . Have a great day swimming and renting a sea racer (those are a lot of fun) and have fun at the party tonight .
Thanks mickeynut1

I am hoping to "maybe" make it another night, but who knows...??

My little one is much better today, and we had a great breakfast at Ohana's!

The Poly is gorgeous! Its cooler today (around 70) which is NOT cool for us, but cool for some, so we are skipping renting the sea racer's today, and will do it in the next day or so.

The Poly pool/beach is empty! Maybe 6 people in the pool right now! My 6 year old wanted to try the slide so bad that he ran up and asked the Lifeguard, and he said "sure buddy, go right ahead" so both my boys, clothes and all went for a dip..LOL

I think I'm going to add a few nights at the Poly next year when we come back! I really love the atmosphere here, so tropical

We are very excited for the Halloween party tonight! I'm happy to hear you've loved it so much!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #143
TJA
DIS Veteran

Oh yes, that Halloween party is SO fun! We have missed it the last 2 years due to school and other commitments, but we went for many years and it never got old. And as for Poly - YES! you must try it next trip. The rooms are so nice and also big. That would be a good resort to try the Club Level. Enjoy the rest of your trip, especially the party tonight!
2006 ~ YC & BC
2007 ~ Poly & BC & CR
2008 ~ POR & WL & BC
2009 ~ CBR & BC CL
2010 ~ Poly & CR / BC CL
2011 ~ BC CL & Poly CL
2012 ~ WL & BC CL / CR CL
2013 ~ BC CL & Poly CL & WL CL
2014 ~ Poly CL TPV & BC CL, Poly CL TPV again
TJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #144
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks mickeynut1

I am hoping to "maybe" make it another night, but who knows...??

My little one is much better today, and we had a great breakfast at Ohana's!

The Poly is gorgeous! Its cooler today (around 70) which is NOT cool for us, but cool for some, so we are skipping renting the sea racer's today, and will do it in the next day or so.

The Poly pool/beach is empty! Maybe 6 people in the pool right now! My 6 year old wanted to try the slide so bad that he ran up and asked the Lifeguard, and he said "sure buddy, go right ahead" so both my boys, clothes and all went for a dip..LOL

I think I'm going to add a few nights at the Poly next year when we come back! I really love the atmosphere here, so tropical

We are very excited for the Halloween party tonight! I'm happy to hear you've loved it so much!!!
You're welcome .

Glad your little guy is all better and glad you had a nice breakfast at Ohana . I love Ohana overall, but especially the juice.....I can never get enough of that when we go....LOL. I'm glad your boys were able to try the Poly slide......and how cute that they went down clothes and all .

I hope you are able to rent a sea racer because they are awesome. We rented them when we stayed at the Poly a few years ago and we loved them. I think a few days at the Poly next year is a great idea .

Thanks again for your updates . Have a great time at the party tonight .

Old 10-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #145
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Sadly, our 16 days at Disney came to end today This was the BEST family vacation we have ever had!
I am now typing this post as I sit on my balcony in Treasure Island listening to the waves of the ocean
We now have a week of relaxation from the "Disney hangover" LOL

All I can say is WOW! Disney is AWESOME and I am excited to start planning next year's Oct trip! I can really see how people become Disney addicts because I now think I may be one as well...haha

I think I left off from my last post on Thurs. We attended the MNSSHP on Thurs night, and what a blast that was It was busy, but most rides were walk on, and we got some much done!

We did one of the dance parties, did lots of trick or treating, watched the parade and fireworks, and made lots of wonderful memories

We ate at Boma for breakfast again on Friday morning (we loved it so much the 1st time) and it was still just as good the 2nd times around, and then hit Animal Kingdom. We really enjoyed watching the EWP at night from WL, and the fireworks.

Sat we rented the surrey bike, and they are SO fun! We also rented the sea racers. Mine went pretty fast, but my DH didn't have such luck..LOL We swam all afternoon at the resort, enjoyed the dance party and games around the pool, and then went to MK in the evening. We ate at Crystal Palace again, but for dinner this time. It was really good, but for any of you NOT on the dining plan..save your $$ and have breakfast or lunch. The lunch is almost the same items as dinner (maybe a few added at dinner) but dinner is about $10 more per person (adult), so next time we will stick to lunch if we don't have the dining plan.

Sunday we checked out of WL, and had a 11:30am breakfast at Chef Mickey's. We ate dinner and breakfast at CM, and we LOVED the breakfast! It was so good, and so many items to choose from. Next year I am going to book a breakfast for sure! We loved ending our Disney vacation with the fab 5 We were going to hit Blizzard Beach again, but we decided to make the drive to Treasure Island instead cause we had done SO much already, and thought it was time for a break

For any of you that wanted me to re cap..these are the restaurants we ate at in no particular order:

Chef Mickey's- Dinner and Breakfast
T-rex- Dinner
Boma- Breakfast (twice)
Crystal Palace- Lunch and Dinner
Cape May Café- Breakfast
Hollywood & Vine- Lunch
Sci-fi- Dinner
Garden Grill- Dinner
Tusker House- Breakfast
Ohana- Dinner & Breakfast

Our fav breakfast was Boma and CM, and dinner was Ohana. We honestly loved all the Character Meals, some were better then others, but we don't regret doing a single one of them! They are all so fun, and the food...ooohhhhh the food! I miss it already!!!! And, I'm not going to lie...I LOVED eating with the characters!! My DS3 on our way to dinner tonight says "who are we eating with tonight mommy, Chip & Dale" LOL..its tough explaining to your sweet little boy that those meals are all done and he has to wait until next year...

Now, onto my review of WL...

Loved the resort, its gorgeous!

Pros

*Great location- so close to MK that you can hear the train and loved hearing the boat horns all the time.
*Boat transportation was fantastic and so convenient. We never took a bus, so can't comment on the busses (sorry)
*Gorgeous lobby
*Rooms very clean and up to date
*Good QS restaurant
*We had a great location so made it a BIG pro for us (request North Wing) this way you are close to everything especially the QS restaurant and boat dock. It took us maybe 2 mins to get from our room to the restaurant.
*Pool is very nice, warmest pool out of AKL and BC
*Fun slide, but it is the smallest slide out of AKL and BC
*You can watch the EWP from the beach, and can watch the fireworks from the beach as well. Some are blocked from the trees, but you still get a great view.
*Loved being on the lake, but still felt very remote.
*Best lake to rent sea racer's
*Rent a surrey bike if you can. Great trail to FW, and we saw at least 5 deer. They were so close we could have touched one of them!
*CM's very friendly, but IMHO I found AKL to have the most friendly CM's
*Loved how everything was inside, and you did not have to walk outside for anything other then the pool, boat etc..of course
*CM's threw a great pool party, and lots of fun games going on for the kids.

Cons

*Walls are paper thin. Our neighbour had a poor little boy with a horrible cough, but unfortunately, it kept me up some nights as well due to his coughing. I felt horrible for the boy, but at the same time really needed my sleep. We also heard a lot of toilet flushing and showers running. It did not in anyway ruin the trip, but I did not notice this kind of noise at AKL or BC. I found AKL to be the best for sound proofing.
*Rooms are on the smaller side, but we did not feel crammed by any means. Now, AKL has the smallest room if you are in the Jambo house-regular room, but the DVC Studio rooms are bigger then WL, and BC has the biggest rooms out of the 3 resorts.
*Roaring forks (the QS restaurant) is very good, but can get very busy at certain times of the day, and some times their were no tables left to eat at inside. This only happened a few times, so we would either eat outside at the tables or take the food up to our room.
*Not enough lounge chairs around the pool. We had a hard time finding a few together if we came to the pool around noonish. We would have to wait until someone would leave in order to sit together or get the pool early enough to grab some.
*Water pressure sucked..LOL..I am big on water pressure and WL by far had the worst. AKL nearly blow me out of the shower, and BC was perfect, but WL was not the greatest, but again, not a deal breaker!

All and all we loved WL and would return to this resort again, hands down! We loved all 3 resorts we stayed at, but I am still sticking to AKL as our fav!!!

I just want to thank all my fellow disers once again for all your help while I planned this trip of a lifetime! I wouldn't of been able to do, see or plan a lot of the things without all your expert advice and help! It's funny cause I would ask questions to some CM's and they would say "If this is your first trip, how do you know this?" and I would say.."thanks to Disboards I am very well prepared and know my stuff"

Cheers to you all....*hugs*

PS..fire away with any more questions you may have in regards to whatever you need!
Old 10-27-2013, 09:39 PM   #146
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sadly, our 16 days at Disney came to end today This was the BEST family vacation we have ever had!
I am now typing this post as I sit on my balcony in Treasure Island listening to the waves of the ocean

All I can say is WOW! Disney is AWESOME and I am excited to start planning next year's Oct trip! I can really see how people become Disney addicts because I now think I may be one as well...haha

All and all we loved WL and would return to this resort again, hands down! We loved all 3 resorts we stayed at, but I am still sticking to AKL as our fav!!!

I just want to thank all my fellow disers once again for all your help while I planned this trip of a lifetime! I wouldn't of been able to do, see or plan a lot of the things without all your expert advice and help! It's funny cause I would ask questions to some CM's and they would say "If this is your first trip, how do you know this?" and I would say.."thanks to Disboards I am very well prepared and know my stuff"

PS..fire away with any more questions you may have in regards to whatever you need!
Sorry your trip is over, but now you can start planning for next year's trip as that will be here before you know it . Glad you were able to experience 3 resorts in one trip and glad you had a great time at all of them. Sounds like you had an amazing 16 days .

Thanks for all of your updates......I really enjoyed reading along and hearing about your resort experiences, dining, activities, etc. Happy planning for next year's trip.......hope to follow along on that trip too . Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #147
I Run Long
DIS Veteran

Oh no - no more trip report. Now what am I going to read???

So glad you had a great trip. Hope to see some pictures - my whole family loved reading your report.

Me DH DS18 DD16

I Run Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #148
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how your trip went. I'm not surprised that you had a great time. You are marvelous at planning it out. I hope your DH was impressed.

I loved the boat horns at WL, too, which may sound odd to some people, but for some reason, it felt welcoming. And I agree with you about the toilets. I could hear them all the time.

I'm going to make an ADR for breakfast at Boma some day. I keep hearing good things about it. Too bad it is a lot harder to get to then most breakfast buffets.

Next up: WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #149
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

I think I left off from my last post on Thurs. We attended the MNSSHP on Thurs night, and what a blast that was It was busy, but most rides were walk on, and we got some much done!

We did one of the dance parties, did lots of trick or treating, watched the parade and fireworks, and made lots of wonderful memories

We ate at Boma for breakfast again on Friday morning (we loved it so much the 1st time) and it was still just as good the 2nd times around, and then hit Animal Kingdom. We really enjoyed watching the EWP at night from WL, and the fireworks.

Sat we rented the surrey bike, and they are SO fun! We also rented the sea racers. Mine went pretty fast, but my DH didn't have such luck..LOL We swam all afternoon at the resort, enjoyed the dance party and games around the pool, and then went to MK in the evening. We ate at Crystal Palace again, but for dinner this time. It was really good, but for any of you NOT on the dining plan..save your $$ and have breakfast or lunch. The lunch is almost the same items as dinner (maybe a few added at dinner) but dinner is about $10 more per person (adult), so next time we will stick to lunch if we don't have the dining plan.

Sunday we checked out of WL, and had a 11:30am breakfast at Chef Mickey's. We ate dinner and breakfast at CM, and we LOVED the breakfast! It was so good, and so many items to choose from. Next year I am going to book a breakfast for sure! We loved ending our Disney vacation with the fab 5 We were going to hit Blizzard Beach again, but we decided to make the drive to Treasure Island instead cause we had done SO much already, and thought it was time for a break

For any of you that wanted me to re cap..these are the restaurants we ate at in no particular order:

Chef Mickey's- Dinner and Breakfast
T-rex- Dinner
Boma- Breakfast (twice)
Crystal Palace- Lunch and Dinner
Cape May Café- Breakfast
Hollywood & Vine- Lunch
Sci-fi- Dinner
Garden Grill- Dinner
Tusker House- Breakfast
Ohana- Dinner & Breakfast

Our fav breakfast was Boma and CM, and dinner was Ohana. We honestly loved all the Character Meals, some were better then others, but we don't regret doing a single one of them! They are all so fun, and the food...ooohhhhh the food! I miss it already!!!! And, I'm not going to lie...I LOVED eating with the characters!! My DS3 on our way to dinner tonight says "who are we eating with tonight mommy, Chip & Dale" LOL..its tough explaining to your sweet little boy that those meals are all done and he has to wait until next year...

Now, onto my review of WL...

Loved the resort, its gorgeous!

Pros

*Great location- so close to MK that you can hear the train and loved hearing the boat horns all the time.
*Boat transportation was fantastic and so convenient. We never took a bus, so can't comment on the busses (sorry)
*Gorgeous lobby
*Rooms very clean and up to date
*Good QS restaurant
*We had a great location so made it a BIG pro for us (request North Wing) this way you are close to everything especially the QS restaurant and boat dock. It took us maybe 2 mins to get from our room to the restaurant.
*Pool is very nice, warmest pool out of AKL and BC
*Fun slide, but it is the smallest slide out of AKL and BC
*You can watch the EWP from the beach, and can watch the fireworks from the beach as well. Some are blocked from the trees, but you still get a great view.
*Loved being on the lake, but still felt very remote.
*Best lake to rent sea racer's
*Rent a surrey bike if you can. Great trail to FW, and we saw at least 5 deer. They were so close we could have touched one of them!
*CM's very friendly, but IMHO I found AKL to have the most friendly CM's
*Loved how everything was inside, and you did not have to walk outside for anything other then the pool, boat etc..of course
*CM's threw a great pool party, and lots of fun games going on for the kids.

Cons

*Walls are paper thin. Our neighbour had a poor little boy with a horrible cough, but unfortunately, it kept me up some nights as well due to his coughing. I felt horrible for the boy, but at the same time really needed my sleep. We also heard a lot of toilet flushing and showers running. It did not in anyway ruin the trip, but I did not notice this kind of noise at AKL or BC. I found AKL to be the best for sound proofing.
*Rooms are on the smaller side, but we did not feel crammed by any means. Now, AKL has the smallest room if you are in the Jambo house-regular room, but the DVC Studio rooms are bigger then WL, and BC has the biggest rooms out of the 3 resorts.
*Roaring forks (the QS restaurant) is very good, but can get very busy at certain times of the day, and some times their were no tables left to eat at inside. This only happened a few times, so we would either eat outside at the tables or take the food up to our room.
*Not enough lounge chairs around the pool. We had a hard time finding a few together if we came to the pool around noonish. We would have to wait until someone would leave in order to sit together or get the pool early enough to grab some.
*Water pressure sucked..LOL..I am big on water pressure and WL by far had the worst. AKL nearly blow me out of the shower, and BC was perfect, but WL was not the greatest, but again, not a deal breaker!

Sorry your WDW vacation has come to an end. Loved reading your live reports and recap of your entire trip. Looking forward to our AKL stay in just 6 Days especially after reading your reviews. I stayed at AKL back in 2006 before Kidani was built and loved Boma's for breakfast too!

Enjoy the rest of your vacation

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #150
OnSpaceshipEarth
DIS Veteran

Thank you flinkerfrosch!

I've lived vicariously through you for your entire, magical vacation!

I'm glad that you took a break from posting those last couple of days and just enjoyed yourself!

Many blessings to you and your family!
OnSpaceshipEarth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: