Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #1
Tasmen
Crazy Cat Lady
Not that there is anything wrong with that

Question about 1 night/6 night stay

We are going to WDW in May and want to fly in the day before our "real" trip begins so that we do not have to fly on a red eye or miss a day to travel. We will be staying at the AKL and I was looking at booking a Little Mermaid Room (My dd would absolutely die) for one night (Tuesday) and then moving to AKL the next day. This would be a room stay only as we wouldn't hit the parks until Wed.

My question is, do people usually do these as separate reservations and is it easy to transfer your luggage from resort to resort? I imagine we'd use Disney Magical Express to the Animation Resort and then park transport the next day to get to the AKL to check in and get our passes, etc.

I guess I'm asking to see if I am setting myself up for a world of pain or if this will be easy peasy Last time we came in, we just stayed at the airport one night and then Disney Magical expressed with luggage to the Poly.

WDW - Poly - 1980
WDW - Poly - 2007 & 2011
Hitting Disneyland since 1988 -- way too many trips to count

PTR - Pink Side of the Force ~ May 2014
Tasmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasmen View Post
We are going to WDW in May and want to fly in the day before our "real" trip begins so that we do not have to fly on a red eye or miss a day to travel. We will be staying at the AKL and I was looking at booking a Little Mermaid Room (My dd would absolutely die) for one night (Tuesday) and then moving to AKL the next day. This would be a room stay only as we wouldn't hit the parks until Wed.

My question is, do people usually do these as separate reservations and is it easy to transfer your luggage from resort to resort? I imagine we'd use Disney Magical Express to the Animation Resort and then park transport the next day to get to the AKL to check in and get our passes, etc.

I guess I'm asking to see if I am setting myself up for a world of pain or if this will be easy peasy Last time we came in, we just stayed at the airport one night and then Disney Magical expressed with luggage to the Poly.
Yes it would be a separate reservation if you are booking different resorts. It is easy to transfer luggage just ask bell services to get your bags and let them know you wanted them transferred to AKL. We just did this in June with the same resorts. We chose to take a cab between the resorts and move our luggage ourselves at it sometimes can take many hours to receive at the next resort. It was about $20 with tip for the cab ride from AoA to AKL.

It really is a really easy thing to do. We are doing a split stay again in May. Staying at Beach Club for 3 days then heaving over to AKL for 8!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
Tasmen
Crazy Cat Lady
Not that there is anything wrong with that

Thanks! You totally helped me make up my mind. To the Animation resort for one night with us! I also think we may do the cab like you suggested. I had figured we'd bus as dd is only going to be 6 and would need a booster. Maybe I'll just bring her easy travel one.

WDW - Poly - 1980
WDW - Poly - 2007 & 2011
Hitting Disneyland since 1988 -- way too many trips to count

PTR - Pink Side of the Force ~ May 2014
Tasmen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: