Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
Partridge4ever
DIS Veteran

Can someone tell me about Making of the Dream or Art of the Theme Show Tour?

Anyone been to Making of the Dream or Art of the Theme Show Tour? I'm trying very hard this cruise to not over-schedule, but at the same time my 80+ year old mom will be with us and this sounds like it might interest her.
Partridge4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

We did Art of the Theme on our honeymoon and it was fascinating. My in-laws did it this year on the WBPC and also thought it was great. The guide will go into great detail about how the ship was designed and decorated, and I found it enhanced my experience of and appreciation for the ship herself. The tour is also adults only, so it's a nice break from the kids. If she's okay with a lot of walking, I say go for it!
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Partridge4ever
DIS Veteran

Good point about the walking! She likes to take her time on stairs and she'd be mortified if she thought she was holding up the rest of the group.
Partridge4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #4
Debbie
DIScovering DIS magic
WISHing my way to success!
Thought processes working overboard!
We have YOUR date so book it up!

My mom (79) and I did the Fantasy Art of the Theme tour this past August. I have knee troubles sometimes, but no issues. I think at one point we had the choice of elevator or stairs, but it was down, so not an issue.
We learned a lot, and if I were to cruise again, I'd take DH. Got to see inside Remy and Palo, too.

šoš Lovin' the mouse from my Canadian house! šoš

offsite-'85
CBR-'90FWHomes-'94FWHomes-'97HIFS/BC-'99Dixie Landings-Jan. '00 (just the parents)HIFS/Dixie Landings-Aug.'00ASMu '01Courtyard by Marriott DTD '02Courtyard by Marriott DTD/Coronado Springs '03Wilderness Lodge-Marathon Weekend '05POP with youngest sister '05POP with FREE DINING '06ASMu with DH '07POP with youngest daughter '0825th anniversary trip at Poly '09POR (still Dixie in my heart) with DH '121 night Kidani Village before 7 night Disney Fantasy Cruise '13
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
acourtwdw
DIS Veteran

I did it on the fall Hawaii cruise. We had the option of elevator or stairs. Due to issues with my back I chose the elevator. I didn't feel like anyone was waiting for me to catch up. BTW- Dave Smith, the gentleman that writes the books on Disney, did the tour with my group.
Places we've stayed at WDW:Carribean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music, Cornado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake Towers, Fort Wilderness Campground, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings

Other Disney Properties:Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Cruise Line, Platinum, baby! (including the WBTA 2010 and Hawaii Oct 2012) and Disneyland Paris
acourtwdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: