Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #2386
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

When I added my last day to my reservation(11/23-12/1) I asked the CM about the fridges and she said they would be done with getting them into all the rooms by my trip time.Today I received a letter from Disney stating that they have had to disconnect fridges due to issues until they can replace them. I am counting on having a fridge for breakfast items. Soo frustrating.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #2387
Borg4of6
Earning My Ears

Hi all,

We arrived on Saturday. I think we got a little bit of pixie dust because we got preferred building in Martinique with water view. Unfortunately we did not get a working fridge. We had placed a garden grocer order so the cm gave us the credit. I didn't need to ask for it. We love the resort. It's beautiful and lush as people described. Bus service has been great!! We got lucky a few times. We saw our bus approaching so we all ran for it. Lol! We were probably funny to watch but hey we got on the bus and at the park on time. Yippee!
I'm not overly impressed with the food at port royal (imo). I've found the staff very friendly and helpful.
We r loving our magic bands. We haven't had any issues. My daughter lost her band at blizzard beach. I did too but we noticed it fly off so they got a diver to go and get It. The diver found 3 more bands while retrieving mine. Beware to all the force from the slides causes the bands to come off!! The cm's have gone above and beyond to order my daughter another pink band instead of having grey for the rest of the trip.
We having a great time! Bye for now.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2013, 05:59 AM   #2388
Mommiesblessings2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg4of6 View Post
Hi all,

We arrived on Saturday. I think we got a little bit of pixie dust because we got preferred building in Martinique with water view. Unfortunately we did not get a working fridge. We had placed a garden grocer order so the cm gave us the credit. I didn't need to ask for it. We love the resort. It's beautiful and lush as people described. Bus service has been great!! We got lucky a few times. We saw our bus approaching so we all ran for it. Lol! We were probably funny to watch but hey we got on the bus and at the park on time. Yippee!
I'm not overly impressed with the food at port royal (imo). I've found the staff very friendly and helpful.
We r loving our magic bands. We haven't had any issues. My daughter lost her band at blizzard beach. I did too but we noticed it fly off so they got a diver to go and get It. The diver found 3 more bands while retrieving mine. Beware to all the force from the slides causes the bands to come off!! The cm's have gone above and beyond to order my daughter another pink band instead of having grey for the rest of the trip.
We having a great time! Bye for now.
Hooray for pixie dust! So glad your enjoying your visit. I will be there tomorrow!!!

Just a tad excited! LOL!!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #2389
Borg4of6
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommiesblessings2 View Post

Hooray for pixie dust! So glad your enjoying your visit. I will be there tomorrow!!!

Just a tad excited! LOL!!
Have a safe trip. Hopefully you get sprinkled with pixie dust too.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #2390
Mommiesblessings2
Mouseketeer

Thanks! It's our first trip so we all excited!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #2391
wallskm
Mouseketeer

We just booked our stay for April 26-May 4 at CBR! It will be our first time to stay there (have done POR and CSR previously). Can't wait!
Old 10-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #2392
luv2sing32
Earning My Ears

Checked in yesterday! Wait was the same even if you did online checkin. Bell services allowed Orlando Crib Rental to leave our rental crib with them which was nice. Really feels like you are in the islands. We requested first floor Jamaica 45, but are in 46 ! Closer to bus stop so we don't mind. If you have any mobility issues, this is not the resort for you! Really big and spaced out. Sad to say we did not have a fridge . Requested one for medication and it was delivered 2 hours later. Bags took 4 hours to arrive from magical express. For a quick service lunch or dinner, food court is not bad....similar to other quick service restaurants. We are in a corner king room and it is similar in size to king room at grand Floridian. Room updated to white linens and nemo bed runner. They do not provide lotion in the rooms. Coffee maker uses disc pods. Very limited on outlets, bring a power strip. Longest wait for bus was 20 min. Let me know if any other questions
Old 10-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #2393
MAW137
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom9761 View Post
When I added my last day to my reservation(11/23-12/1) I asked the CM about the fridges and she said they would be done with getting them into all the rooms by my trip time.Today I received a letter from Disney stating that they have had to disconnect fridges due to issues until they can replace them. I am counting on having a fridge for breakfast items. Soo frustrating.

I check in on the 21st of November and have not received a letter. Hopefully it was sent to you by mistake. We need one for medication so I will request one if I have to.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #2394
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I was away from this thread a few days completing my Disney Parks Moms panel round 2 questions and video and it seems like I missed out on a lot of good reports. Yay to all of you who received a little bit of pixie dust and were given room upgrades. It's alway good to hear great reviews.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #2395
KapBoy77
Mouseketeer

Does this resort participate in the current MB testing? Thanks.
DIS Dad #749
Old 10-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #2396
shaybay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapBoy77 View Post
Does this resort participate in the current MB testing? Thanks.
Yes I have mine personalized and FP+ ready for Dec 2 arrival. Cannot wait to get them!

Old 10-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #2397
grumpy14
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know how many connecting rooms this resort has? I know it is not guaranteed, just trying to figure out my odds.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #2398
lam21575
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy14 View Post
Does anyone know how many connecting rooms this resort has? I know it is not guaranteed, just trying to figure out my odds.
Not sure how many exactly...we requested connecting rooms for our trip last week and did not get them. We were placed next door to the family we were traveling w though, but rooms not connected.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #2399
kellyjeanie
DIS Veteran

Leaving tomorrow morning for WDW and CBR!!!!
Old 10-26-2013, 09:04 PM   #2400
grumpy14
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lam21575 View Post
Not sure how many exactly...we requested connecting rooms for our trip last week and did not get them. We were placed next door to the family we were traveling w though, but rooms not connected.
Thank you. That is good to know!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: