Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #1366
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
No Royal Preferred sorry. You best ones of those are River View. They can have the best view and quick access usually to main building, main bus depot and food court.
I think the very best guarantee of a nicely located Royal Room would be a Pool View one, which are all close to the footbridge and also to the East Depot. Many of River View rooms are great too, but some can be quite a walk away so it's a bit more of a risk.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #1367
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,704

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKat View Post
According to Josh, KTTW cards are being phased out at the end of this month so they would most likely get an uncustomized MB.
We still have plenty of Blank KTTW cards. They haven't said anything about phasing them out here.
Venomhatch is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #1368
delilah18
Mouseketeer
 
delilah18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 491

Getting nervous and excited packing up the van
Leaving at 230 in the morning and will spend the night in Atlanta
Then will be in Orlando hopefully sometime Friday afternoon


Does anyone else get the mixed feeling of bring nervous and excited?
Or am I just crazy lol
__________________
Me DH
DD 5 DS 3

AoA LM 2012
POR RR 2013

delilah18 is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #1369
AmyKat
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 198

The mouse for less is reporting the same thing - both with the specific date of October 27.

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripp...agicInfo.shtml

You are obviously much closer to the source than I am, though.
__________________
POP-March '09 AoA-Sept '12 GF/POR-Feb '14 CBR-Dec '14
AmyKat is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 04:24 PM   #1370
sunset7132
DIS Veteran
 
sunset7132's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 1,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Getting nervous and excited packing up the van
Leaving at 230 in the morning and will spend the night in Atlanta
Then will be in Orlando hopefully sometime Friday afternoon


Does anyone else get the mixed feeling of bring nervous and excited?
Or am I just crazy lol
Every single time we go i feel like that the day before, until we actually land and then it all goes away. Have a great vacation
__________________
sunset7132 is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #1371
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,704

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKat View Post
The mouse for less is reporting the same thing - both with the specific date of October 27.

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripp...agicInfo.shtml

You are obviously much closer to the source than I am, though.
Yeah I just asked my supervisor and they hadn't heard anything either.
Venomhatch is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #1372
SLPCheryl
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 54

Ok question... I've read all there seems to be on the room selection issue but still have questions. Our family has been used to the smallness of POFQ but we want to try out POR since it is our last mod to try. If we were wanting the closest to the main bldg and closest to the bus stop-that would mean the AB section in 14 and 15 right? It is myself, DH and DD8. We thought we wanted RRooms but now I'm not so sure. We loved being so close to the main bldg at FQ but we did have a small walk to the bus.
My DH doesn't like to spend more money with a view but we really wanted the Royal Room as we've never experienced it before. So he was wanting to do RRoom standard view. Should I try for RRoom pool view/river view due to proximity or try for preferred? I'm not a real big fan of the look of the AB rooms but I could be if it meant to be closer.

If we only got RRoom standard view, would we be disappointed with the walk time to the main bldg? Thanks so much!
SLPCheryl is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #1373
Gorechick
DIS Veteran
 
Gorechick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLPCheryl View Post
Ok question... I've read all there seems to be on the room selection issue but still have questions. Our family has been used to the smallness of POFQ but we want to try out POR since it is our last mod to try. If we were wanting the closest to the main bldg and closest to the bus stop-that would mean the AB section in 14 and 15 right? It is myself, DH and DD8. We thought we wanted RRooms but now I'm not so sure. We loved being so close to the main bldg at FQ but we did have a small walk to the bus.
My DH doesn't like to spend more money with a view but we really wanted the Royal Room as we've never experienced it before. So he was wanting to do RRoom standard view. Should I try for RRoom pool view/river view due to proximity or try for preferred? I'm not a real big fan of the look of the AB rooms but I could be if it meant to be closer.

If we only got RRoom standard view, would we be disappointed with the walk time to the main bldg? Thanks so much!
We stayed in Parterre Place in the center of the building in 2012. We loved the location and did not feel that the walk was too far to the main building. Standard view will put you on the parking lot side, but if you can request center of either RR building that will give you closer access to the central walkway.
__________________
Hotel Royal Plaza July 1987
Contemporary Resort July 1989
Dixie Landings August 1996
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #1374
Peaseblossom
Mouseketeer
 
Peaseblossom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 177

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Just booked a surprise trip for my wife's birthday. Shhh! Don't tell! 2nd stay at POR. 2 adults, no kids. King room-standard view. Feb. 7-10, 2014. Yippee!!!
Cool!

So it's your 2nd stay - were you Mansion or AB the first time and what are you hoping for this time? The rooms in the mansion look prettier IMO, but the landscaping in AB looks so beautiful, very lush and overgrown. We just requested close to the fishing hole, as we'll be doing as much fishing as we can afford at Disney prices!
__________________
Peaseblossom is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #1375
ILoveMMouse
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrj View Post
Hello everyone!

Pixie dust to all

Due to medication I'm on, my immune system is extremely low Reading through the threads, I saw mention of a VIP cleaning Can someone please share details of what takes place during a VIP cleaning?

Thanks much,
Joy
We've had a VIP cleaning done for our rooms before. It is essentially a deep clean for the room. The rugs are shampooed, they replace the air vent filters and do not use harsh chemicals.
ILoveMMouse is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #1376
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran
 
BebopBaloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: just a pilgrim traveling through
Posts: 1,813

It would seem odd to completely get rid of the KTTW cards when supposedly opting out of the magic bands was going to be an option. Hopefully, they aren't really going away, or will at least be given to those that really do not want a band.
__________________
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #1377
jrj
always looking forward to our next trip to DA WORLD!
 
jrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North Dallas, Texas
Posts: 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMMouse View Post
We've had a VIP cleaning done for our rooms before. It is essentially a deep clean for the room. The rugs are shampooed, they replace the air vent filters and do not use harsh chemicals.
Hi ILoveMMouse

Thanks so much for responding... This is exactly what we needed to know...

Have a great evening!
__________________


jrj is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #1378
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,704

Hope everyone is having a great night!
Venomhatch is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #1379
jrj
always looking forward to our next trip to DA WORLD!
 
jrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North Dallas, Texas
Posts: 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Hope everyone is having a great night!
Thanks much... Hope you are having a great night as well...
__________________


jrj is offline  
Old 10-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #1380
bombon
Earning My Ears
 
bombon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I think the very best guarantee of a nicely located Royal Room would be a Pool View one, which are all close to the footbridge and also to the East Depot. Many of River View rooms are great too, but some can be quite a walk away so it's a bit more of a risk. Andre
I was just playing around the new touring plan's page to see the rooms in each building and I see they have royal rooms listed in building 14. Is this a mistake or could they possibly be adding some royal rooms in these buildings? We stayed in building 15 during our Sept trip and were thinking about requesting building 14 for our next trip. I loved our room how it was but a royal room would be nice too
__________________
bombon is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: