Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-21-2013, 04:25 AM   #1156
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,925

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamerican View Post
We just returned from our first stay at BWV. We were in studio 4053 and had a view of Spaceship Earth, Illuminations and the Boardwalk...we all loved it, son 10, daughter 9, me and hubby...hubby is not a Disney addict like me...but he loved the Boardwalk...said it was the best vacation ever and can't wait to go back...we were there 7 days...thank you all for your help the past couple of years as I planned this
Thank you for reporting back about your view. I'll have to put your view comment in the Room Comment section. I hope you can book your next stay soon now that DH understands your obsession better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseturtle View Post
So, I have stayed at the GF and BC...booked the BWI for my princess run in february - excited! Got a great deal and am looking forward to it!
Congratulations and welcome to the thread!
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:20 AM   #1157
jillmc40
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 447

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I agree with WDWKOOK that it doesn't matter to much, except for the BW views. Those would have longer walks for sure. But then both standard and Preferred have rooms down towards DHS. Whichever you pick, I would specifically make the room request for "closer to Hollywood Studios" if that's what you want. You can do that through member services. Say hi to Luke for me!
Thank you! I was on looking for availability for next years Memorial Day weekend - 7 months out from today, and all 3 were available. SO, I am hoping that is the case next year when I go on to make reservations...I think I will just do standard view and save the points...But I have a year from today to decide I am very excited to try this resort though!! It sounds like so much fun!
__________________




jillmc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #1158
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession
 
samnbilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 738

A week from today I will be @ BWI for my first trip since 2008 & my first trip to BWI!!
So much to celebrate!!
DH B-Day on Halloween
Just celebrated our 19th last family trip before DS goes to college ;(
So excited!!
__________________
Sept.99-GF Lodge concierge(During Hurricane)
May.01-Poly concierge
Oct.03-GF RPC
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

samnbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #1159
ericasatx
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 73

Finally

It's taken me a week but I finally got through this entire thread. We have been planning a trip for next May and DH wanted to stay at a monorail resort. Well my mom wanted to join us so we went from a party of 5 to a party of 6. We've always stayed at CBR or POR. Thought we would end up at OKW or SSR but DH agreed to pay for BCV.

Last week, I got a pin code email and was able to get BWV 2 bedroom for 35% off. Still somewhat wishing we were at BCV because our kids are 3, 7, and 10 and know they would love it there. However reading this thread has made me excited for BWV also. We will be there 5/17-5/24. The idea of being so close to Epcot is exciting. I told DH if my mom gets too overwhelming we can always escape to France for Grey Goose slushes.
ericasatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #1160
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV
 
AirGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 13,166

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
A week from today I will be @ BWI for my first trip since 2008 & my first trip to BWI!!
So much to celebrate!!
DH B-Day on Halloween
Just celebrated our 19th last family trip before DS goes to college ;(
So excited!!
Welcome to the Boardwalk and congrats on DS college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericasatx View Post
.

Last week, I got a pin code email and was able to get BWV 2 bedroom for 35% off. Still somewhat wishing we were at BCV because our kids are 3, 7, and 10 and know they would love it there. However reading this thread has made me excited for BWV also. We will be there 5/17-5/24. The idea of being so close to Epcot is exciting. I told DH if my mom gets too overwhelming we can always escape to France for Grey Goose slushes.
Congrats on the pin code and making it thru the thread. While you wait for the trip, enjoy these:



I like the lemon better.
__________________
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #1161
PoohCorner71
Earning My Ears
 
PoohCorner71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 29

11 more sleeps! Soooo excited to return to BWI!!
__________________


PoohCorner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #1162
LoveKermit
DIS Veteran
 
LoveKermit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Suburban Chicago
Posts: 1,414

Just back from BW view. We were above the brewery, 5th floor. Maybe because we were high, maybe because we do not go to bed real early, but we did not find the BW loud at all. The games were closed so early, maybe a fall thing--maybe open later in summer. This morning we ate breakfast around 8 AM and it was so peaceful. Love it!
__________________
DH (orig WDW nut) Me DD (7)
Several times for each before we met....
DL-1999 offsite with DH**ASMu-2000 first onsite trip with DH**Offsite-2001 Halloween Horror Nights**Antigua-2002 Honeymoon**Offsite-2003 First Anniv. (Magical Music Days)**WL-2004**Dolphin-2004 (AP Nat'l Conference)**Shades of Green-Family Xmas 2005, Thanks for your service BIL**No Trip-2006, DD born in Dec!!!!!!!!**Poly-2007 **Dolphin MNSSHP/F & W-2008**BWV-2010**SSR-2010**BLT-2011**GCH-2013**BWV-2013
LoveKermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #1163
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer
 
LisaCM614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 467

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohCorner71 View Post
11 more sleeps! Soooo excited to return to BWI!!
Have you started packing yet?

Have fun with your last minute planning
__________________
Mar 2015 - Disney Dream, July 2014 - DLR, Oct 2013 - BWV, Oct 2012 - AoA, Apr 2012 - BWI, June 2010 - BC, 2008 - Poly, 2000 BWI

LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:26 AM   #1164
PoohCorner71
Earning My Ears
 
PoohCorner71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
Have you started packing yet? Have fun with your last minute planning
Started packing my stuff... DH is a procrastinator so the night before we leave is a LOT less stressful if I get my things in order in advance! ;-)
__________________


PoohCorner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #1165
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran
 
ZehnJahren's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,509

I'm joining in! I'll be at BWV for my very first stay at BWV on 11/12 through 11/16! So very excited to try this resort; I've stayed in the Epcot resort area but not at BWV, and staying at the Villas will be excellent!

Last edited by ZehnJahren; 10-23-2013 at 11:35 AM.
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #1166
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer
 
LisaCM614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 467

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohCorner71 View Post
Started packing my stuff... DH is a procrastinator so the night before we leave is a LOT less stressful if I get my things in order in advance! ;-)
My DH does the same thing.
Luckily the kiddos start packing before I do so he just needs to pack at the last minute.
But his point is that we are going to Disney not a remote island, if he needs to buy something because he forgot it - shouldn't be a problem to find it there!
__________________
Mar 2015 - Disney Dream, July 2014 - DLR, Oct 2013 - BWV, Oct 2012 - AoA, Apr 2012 - BWI, June 2010 - BC, 2008 - Poly, 2000 BWI

LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #1167
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,925

Kouzzina by Cat Cora at Disney's BoardWalk has introduced a new, seasonal, five-course prix fixe menu that will be offered every day. A beverage is not included, and no substitutions are allowed. The basic Disney Dining Plan is accepted -- the menu requires one entitlement, plus $19.50 surcharge. The Deluxe Dining Plan is also accepted -- one entitlement, plus $5 surcharge. A wine pairing is available for an additional $35.

~AllEars
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #1168
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 15,925

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
A week from today I will be @ BWI for my first trip since 2008 & my first trip to BWI!!
So much to celebrate!!
DH B-Day on Halloween
Just celebrated our 19th last family trip before DS goes to college ;(
So excited!!
How exciting and congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericasatx View Post
It's taken me a week but I finally got through this entire thread. We have been planning a trip for next May and DH wanted to stay at a monorail resort. Well my mom wanted to join us so we went from a party of 5 to a party of 6. We've always stayed at CBR or POR. Thought we would end up at OKW or SSR but DH agreed to pay for BCV.

Last week, I got a pin code email and was able to get BWV 2 bedroom for 35% off. Still somewhat wishing we were at BCV because our kids are 3, 7, and 10 and know they would love it there. However reading this thread has made me excited for BWV also. We will be there 5/17-5/24. The idea of being so close to Epcot is exciting. I told DH if my mom gets too overwhelming we can always escape to France for Grey Goose slushes.
Welcome and I'll add you to the BoardWalk Bulletin. If she can't make it to France, she can always make a pit stop at the Belle Vue Lounge



Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

While you wait for the trip, enjoy these:


I'm enjoying those while she awaits her trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohCorner71 View Post
11 more sleeps! Soooo excited to return to BWI!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveKermit View Post
Just back from BW view. We were above the brewery, 5th floor. Maybe because we were high, maybe because we do not go to bed real early, but we did not find the BW loud at all. The games were closed so early, maybe a fall thing--maybe open later in summer. This morning we ate breakfast around 8 AM and it was so peaceful. Love it!
Glad to read you had a great stay and I hope you get to return soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
I'm joining in! I'll be at BWV for my very first stay at BWV on 11/12 through 11/16! So very excited to try this resort; I've stayed in the Epcot resort area but not at BWV, and staying at the Villas will be excellent!
Welcome and I'll add you to the BWB, too. You're going to have a wonderful time!
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #1169
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,036

Peeking in on the lovely Kooksterlicious' thread to say... we'll be checking in Saturday!
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #1170
JEWLSVERN
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 337

I need to read through the entire thread. But in the meantime I'm joining in as we are going to BWV February 8-15. Its our second trip to DW and first stay at BW. So excited to be close to EP and DHS. Last time we stayed at OKW but we are excited this time to be closer to the action.
JEWLSVERN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: