Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 04:25 AM   #1156
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamerican View Post
We just returned from our first stay at BWV. We were in studio 4053 and had a view of Spaceship Earth, Illuminations and the Boardwalk...we all loved it, son 10, daughter 9, me and hubby...hubby is not a Disney addict like me...but he loved the Boardwalk...said it was the best vacation ever and can't wait to go back...we were there 7 days...thank you all for your help the past couple of years as I planned this
Thank you for reporting back about your view. I'll have to put your view comment in the Room Comment section. I hope you can book your next stay soon now that DH understands your obsession better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseturtle View Post
So, I have stayed at the GF and BC...booked the BWI for my princess run in february - excited! Got a great deal and am looking forward to it!
Congratulations and welcome to the thread!
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:20 AM   #1157
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I agree with WDWKOOK that it doesn't matter to much, except for the BW views. Those would have longer walks for sure. But then both standard and Preferred have rooms down towards DHS. Whichever you pick, I would specifically make the room request for "closer to Hollywood Studios" if that's what you want. You can do that through member services. Say hi to Luke for me!
Thank you! I was on looking for availability for next years Memorial Day weekend - 7 months out from today, and all 3 were available. SO, I am hoping that is the case next year when I go on to make reservations...I think I will just do standard view and save the points...But I have a year from today to decide I am very excited to try this resort though!! It sounds like so much fun!

jillmc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #1158
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

A week from today I will be @ BWI for my first trip since 2008 & my first trip to BWI!!
So much to celebrate!!
DH B-Day on Halloween
Just celebrated our 19th last family trip before DS goes to college ;(
So excited!!
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

samnbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #1159
ericasatx
Earning My Ears

Finally

It's taken me a week but I finally got through this entire thread. We have been planning a trip for next May and DH wanted to stay at a monorail resort. Well my mom wanted to join us so we went from a party of 5 to a party of 6. We've always stayed at CBR or POR. Thought we would end up at OKW or SSR but DH agreed to pay for BCV.

Last week, I got a pin code email and was able to get BWV 2 bedroom for 35% off. Still somewhat wishing we were at BCV because our kids are 3, 7, and 10 and know they would love it there. However reading this thread has made me excited for BWV also. We will be there 5/17-5/24. The idea of being so close to Epcot is exciting. I told DH if my mom gets too overwhelming we can always escape to France for Grey Goose slushes.
ericasatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #1160
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
A week from today I will be @ BWI for my first trip since 2008 & my first trip to BWI!!
So much to celebrate!!
DH B-Day on Halloween
So excited!!
Welcome to the Boardwalk and congrats on DS college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericasatx View Post

Last week, I got a pin code email and was able to get BWV 2 bedroom for 35% off. Still somewhat wishing we were at BCV because our kids are 3, 7, and 10 and know they would love it there. However reading this thread has made me excited for BWV also. We will be there 5/17-5/24. The idea of being so close to Epcot is exciting. I told DH if my mom gets too overwhelming we can always escape to France for Grey Goose slushes.
Congrats on the pin code and making it thru the thread. While you wait for the trip, enjoy these:

I like the lemon better.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:33 PM   #1161
PoohCorner71
Earning My Ears

11 more sleeps! Soooo excited to return to BWI!!

PoohCorner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #1162
LoveKermit
DIS Veteran

Just back from BW view. We were above the brewery, 5th floor. Maybe because we were high, maybe because we do not go to bed real early, but we did not find the BW loud at all. The games were closed so early, maybe a fall thing--maybe open later in summer. This morning we ate breakfast around 8 AM and it was so peaceful. Love it!
DL-1999 offsite with DH**ASMu-2000 first onsite trip with DH**Offsite-2001 Halloween Horror Nights**Antigua-2002 Honeymoon**Offsite-2003 First Anniv. (Magical Music Days)**WL-2004**Dolphin-2004 (AP Nat'l Conference)**Shades of Green-Family Xmas 2005, Thanks for your service BIL**No Trip-2006, DD born in Dec!!!!!!!!**Poly-2007 **Dolphin MNSSHP/F & W-2008**BWV-2010**SSR-2010**BLT-2011**GCH-2013**BWV-2013
LoveKermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #1163
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohCorner71 View Post
Have you started packing yet?

Have fun with your last minute planning

LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:26 AM   #1164
PoohCorner71
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
Have you started packing yet? Have fun with your last minute planning
Started packing my stuff... DH is a procrastinator so the night before we leave is a LOT less stressful if I get my things in order in advance! ;-)

PoohCorner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #1165
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in! I'll be at BWV for my very first stay at BWV on 11/12 through 11/16! So very excited to try this resort; I've stayed in the Epcot resort area but not at BWV, and staying at the Villas will be excellent!

Last edited by ZehnJahren; 10-23-2013 at 11:35 AM.
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #1166
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Started packing my stuff... DH is a procrastinator so the night before we leave is a LOT less stressful if I get my things in order in advance! ;-)
My DH does the same thing.
Luckily the kiddos start packing before I do so he just needs to pack at the last minute.
But his point is that we are going to Disney not a remote island, if he needs to buy something because he forgot it - shouldn't be a problem to find it there!

LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #1167
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Kouzzina by Cat Cora at Disney's BoardWalk has introduced a new, seasonal, five-course prix fixe menu that will be offered every day. A beverage is not included, and no substitutions are allowed. The basic Disney Dining Plan is accepted -- the menu requires one entitlement, plus $19.50 surcharge. The Deluxe Dining Plan is also accepted -- one entitlement, plus $5 surcharge. A wine pairing is available for an additional $35.

~AllEars
Old 10-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #1168
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
So much to celebrate!!
DH B-Day on Halloween
So excited!!
How exciting and congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericasatx View Post
It's taken me a week but I finally got through this entire thread. We have been planning a trip for next May and DH wanted to stay at a monorail resort. Well my mom wanted to join us so we went from a party of 5 to a party of 6. We've always stayed at CBR or POR. Thought we would end up at OKW or SSR but DH agreed to pay for BCV.

Welcome and I'll add you to the BoardWalk Bulletin. If she can't make it to France, she can always make a pit stop at the Belle Vue Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post

While you wait for the trip, enjoy these:

I'm enjoying those while she awaits her trip

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveKermit View Post
Just back from BW view. We were above the brewery, 5th floor. Maybe because we were high, maybe because we do not go to bed real early, but we did not find the BW loud at all. The games were closed so early, maybe a fall thing--maybe open later in summer. This morning we ate breakfast around 8 AM and it was so peaceful. Love it!
Glad to read you had a great stay and I hope you get to return soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
I'm joining in! I'll be at BWV for my very first stay at BWV on 11/12 through 11/16! So very excited to try this resort; I've stayed in the Epcot resort area but not at BWV, and staying at the Villas will be excellent!
Welcome and I'll add you to the BWB, too. You're going to have a wonderful time!
Old 10-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #1169
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Peeking in on the lovely Kooksterlicious' thread to say... we'll be checking in Saturday!
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #1170
JEWLSVERN
Mouseketeer

I need to read through the entire thread. But in the meantime I'm joining in as we are going to BWV February 8-15. Its our second trip to DW and first stay at BW. So excited to be close to EP and DHS. Last time we stayed at OKW but we are excited this time to be closer to the action.
JEWLSVERN is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: