Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > WISH Journals
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #151
Terapin
DIS Veteran

Hi! You are doing so well! Congratulations! I only have 9 pounds to go before getting into that 100s club! I bet it feels awesome! Have a great day

2014 Princess GSC! BLT/VGF/DCL stay
2014 Determined to do Dopey! BWV stay

Terapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #152
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terapin View Post
Hi! You are doing so well! Congratulations! I only have 9 pounds to go before getting into that 100s club! I bet it feels awesome! Have a great day
That's awesome! It does feel really good. I never thought I'd see that kind of weight again. Keep going and you'll be there soon!
dragitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #153
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Great job, Drag!!!!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #154
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

I spent last week traveling for work and ran 3 of my 4 runs on the treadmills where I was staying. Ugh. In any case, I got the miles in and despite being in West Texas for part of my trip and getting my fill of outstanding Mexican and Tex-Mex food, I lost 2 more pounds last week. I'm now down to 192.6! I'm back home and will stay focused on dropping more weight, but most importantly eating the right foods and getting my miles in. I have to travel again this weekend for a convention to Austin, TX, but there is apparently a really nice lake with 10 miles of running trails surrounding it right behind my hotel. Coincidentally, I was planning to run 10 miles this Saturday. Hmmm.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #155
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

About a week since my last post. I've been running good lately. Had a good month of August. I'm loving the new app on my iPad that tracks each run. I've been logging everythign manually but this new app tracks my mileage, pace and total time for each run. I can review it by month, week or day. I can also track the mileage I put on each pair of running shoes.

My new pair (4th ones) of Newton Gravity just came in today. I'm excited to take them for a run this weekend. I had the chance to run the Lady Bird Lake Trail in Austin, TX this past weekend and it was awesome. There were so many runners out there. I haven't seen that many runners since the WDW Marathon! There were runners everywhere! Beautiful place to run though. It was nice after so many treadmill runs over the past few weeks.

I'm still on pace to eclipse the 1000 mile mark for this year by December as long as I keep on schedule. I've also passed the 65lbs. lost mark! I'd still like to lose another 10-15lbs. to put me down to about 175-180, but all in all I'm happy with how far I've come. I wore a pair of 33' waist jeans yesterday that were a little big. They were American Eagle which always run big, but it still felt really good. I was in a 38' when I started this journey.

We had a training video at work today that I helped make. There were some stills of me back earlier this year (around the time I ran the WDW Marathon). I was amazed at the difference of appearance just from them to now! My face and body were so much bigger. I've lost another 30+lbs. since then, but it was probably more amazing to me than the first 30+lbs. I had lost.

I'm so thankful for running as a means to healthier living. I thank God for giving me the desire, willpower and strength to overcome obstacles and keep this up for more than 3 1/2 years!
Old 09-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #156
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

My daughter started cross country season yesterday and all their meets are on Saturday mornings so I had to reschedule my long run for Sunday before church to accomodate. I may forever run on Sunday mornings for long runs from now on! I was scheduled to run 12 miles today, but I had said if I felt good and had the time, I may go ahead and run 13.

I started my run slow and ran my first mile in 9:10 and the second right at 9 even. I felt good and started seeing my times dip with each mile. 6 miles into my run, I was averaging around 8:40 per mile. I told myself if I hit 12 miles and was on pace to PR for a half, I'd go ahead and knock the last 1.1 miles out.

I ran each of the last 5 miles under an 8:15 pace and blew my previous half PR out of the water! My previous PR (which was in a race) was 1:54.16. I ran today's run in 1:50.42 which was an 8:27mm pace!

It was just one of those days when everything went perfectly. I felt great and the weather, although hot, was bearable and even comfortable for much of the run.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #157
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

So I feel like I'm only updating every 2 weeks or so, but I try to when I can. Anyways....I've missed a few key runs lately, but all in all, I'm happy with the progress I've made this summer. On top of losing another 15lbs. or so this summer, I've been able to shave some serious time which comes as a surprise because I haven't really focused on times or speeds this summer. I'm sure the lower weight has a lot to do with the improved times.

Yesterday, I went out for a nice long run before church. While running, I was thinking of entering a good sized local race in early December. They have a 10k and 5k back to back. Since I was training for the WDW full last year, I didn't run it. This year I thought of running both races so I tried a little test yesterday morning to see how I'd do.

I ran the 10k in a PR time of 51:20 and then walked for 2 minutes while I drank a little and ate a few bloks. I then ran the 5k and only missed my PR by a few seconds. I ran it in 23:50.

I also had a weight triumph this morning. After 2 consecutive weeks of gain (total of 2 pounds), I dropped 3 last week. I've been traveling a lot for work and it's so much easier to eat right while I'm home.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #158
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

I had a really fast 5 miler this morning. I pushed hard to finish it in under 40 minutes. It felt really good this morning (both temps and running), but I'm really yearning for some consistently cooler weather!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #159
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

Me too on the cooler weather front! Great job this morning!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:47 AM   #160
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

I had an awesome run yesterday morning before church. I did 14 miles in 2 hours flat. I felt good and pushed to go faster than I'd ever gone for that distance. I've done faster for a half, but not much faster. I was definitely pleased with the results.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:40 AM   #161
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

just registered for 3 more races. River Zombie Run 5k obstacle race on 10/26, YMCA Chili Run 15k on 11/9 and I'm attempting to do a 10k and 5k back-to-back on 12/7. The distance for that last race isn't the concern. It's the fact that I'll be attempting to PR both the 10k and 5k and there is a 30-45 minute gap between the 2 races so I'll have to keep my legs loose and somehow try to stay fresh enough for the 5k to PR.

Honestly, I'm not as concerned with the 5k PR as I am the 10k one. I'd still like to medal in both races.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #162
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Had a nice 4 miler this morning before work at a 8:30 per mile pace. I'm really loving these cooler temps!
Old 10-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #163
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

I've been sticking to my running program for the most part. I've been traveling a ton so my days may be different, but I'm still getting the miles in. I was in New Orleans this weekend on business and I was worried both about where I could run and the food since that's honestly the one thing I like about New Orleans (Sorry to all my Cajun friends), but both worked out good. Because of my hectic work schedule, I was only able to really eat 2 meals a day and one of those was more of a snack than a meal. I had some healthier options while still getting New Orleans style food.

Yesterday morning, I went out for my run somewhat blindly since I didn't know where I was going to run, but I decided on running Riverfront Park along the Mississippi River. I knew it was only about 3 miles out and back from my hotel so I planned to do that route 2-3 times. As I attempted to get to the Riverfront, I quickly found most of it closed off due to the construction on Riverfront Mall so I just hugged the sidewalk heading down Convention Center Blvd. towards Canal. I figured I'd at least run down Canal to the French Quarter and back since I somewhat know my way around there.

As I turned a blind corner near the Hilton, I saw a 5k group from the Convention I was attending and decided to just fall in with them. I wouldn't partake of any of their water/sport drinks or finish the race with the group, but at least I'd take advantage of the closed off streets. I'm glad I did because the race went through some beautiful neighborhoods of the French Quarter and along the Mississippi River. It was a great route and running with the pack made me challenge myself a little more than I probably would have running solo.

I jumped out of the group about 1/10th of a mile from the finish line and ran back towards my hotel. I only did a 10k yesterday, but really enjoyed it. Despite business trips to El Paso and New Orleans last week, I still had a great week of running and eating. I was rewarded this morning by my lowest weigh-in to date. I am now proudly down to 190.8lbs.!

I've got my first race since the Spring this weekend and it's my first obstacle race ever. I'm looking forward to it and hopefully next week I'll get below the 190 mark!
Old 10-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #164
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

Still logging the miles in preparation for the fall race season and my next half (WDW in January) and full (Albany Marathon in March). Had a nice 4 miler yesterday with DW and a nice 5 miler solo this morning. I get a few days off before running the Zombie 5k obstacle race Saturday afternoon and then 13 miles Sunday morning before church.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #165
dragitoff
DIS Veteran

This weekend was a blur....I had to work Saturday morning but then dashed home to change and pick up my packet for that afternoon's River Zombie 5k obstacle race. It was my first obstacle race and then was also so much more challenging than any other 5k I'd ever done because there were zombies all over the course that would try to grab each of the 2 flags you were wearing on a belt. Through the first 3/4 mile or so, I was in second place until I realized I could not maintain that pace throughout the race, nor could I accelerate past the zombies when they came after me so I slowed up. I realized that too late as I was already quite winded by this point. The race ended up being run a little, run as hard as you can when you come up to an area with zombies and then walk a little. The obstacles weren't difficult, but they were enough to challenge you from keeping any kind of reasonable pace.

I was more tired after that race than any other race I've run this year (including possibly the WDW full!) Yesterday morning, I got up to go out for a long run before church. I ended up running a nice pace even though I took it really easy the first 4 or 5 miles. I ended up running my 13 miler at an average pace of exactly 8:30.

All in all, it was a great running weekend. I'm tired today from it, but it was a good weekend.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: