Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #106
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Wookie: Sending healing thoughts for your grandmother
Old 10-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #107
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimndgal1 View Post
VERY excited to read wedding plans! I find myself randomly visiting the DIS Wedding planning board just for fun. We wanted a Disney wedding but it was too hard (and expensive) to finagle around DH's military time. MAYBE a VR down the road, though.
Yay! I really hope you get that vow renewal! That would be absolutely wonderful and just as great as a wedding!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #108
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Oh, I'm behind alrready and the thread hasn't hit double digits yet!!

A very Happy Birthday to Kook’s DD!!

Deena, so, so sorry about all the medical issues my friend. Hoping that the worst is over. And Congrats on the anniversary cruise! So happy to see you back on the RC thread. You've been missed.

Jen, Disney so missed a great opportunity to gain a terrific, knowledgeable Disney Loving Mom on the panel. Their loss.

Sue, great reno pix... every since you talked about your reno in the summer, I so want to do something to my bathroom and basement! Course that means I have to clean out the basement...yikes!

Welcome back StepDisney, sorry to hear about your parents health issues. Our kids costs us so much, don’t they (guess they're worth it ) And for an August trip….when you know what you are doing/staying, post your dates and I can add you to the RC (ever changing) Trip list.

Hi Heather!! Is school out already?? Missed you!

A big to everyone else! Crazy busy day (what's new?), hope to catch up later. So happy to see so many of our RCers find our new home!! And welcome to our newcomers!
Cleaning out the basement was I nightmare. We had sooooo much stuff. Mlived in this house for almost 30 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
WOO HOO!!

The odd thing is that she has been tested and said that she's not allergic to anything. I think my mom said today that they were going to do some thyroid testing.

ah, so your calling me old?? That's it young lady....to the RC penalty box (the Cinderella Suite) for you.

It's been one of those days that started out one way and with one phone call, went in a total different level of bleh. I ended up not going in to work today. Just as I was getting ready to walk out the door, my mom called. She had a call from her cousin or her husband (who lives in the town that my grandmother's nursing home is in and is the first to call if she has an emergency since they are close). My grandmother had had a stroke and it wasn't sounding good. They were just waiting on the chopper to take her into Fort Worth. My DH and I were parking just as the chopper landed, and saw them put her in an ambulance to take into the ER. She's in the ICU now, but thanks to some shot they gave her (some 3 letter acronym that is like Draino for clearing clots out of veins and starts with a T) is doing much better than they think she would have been doing without the shot. Now we're just waiting on tests results. When they first got her to an ER room, she was able to tell us what my cousin's name was, and my name. When I asked her if she recognized my DH she said, "well of course I know my David. You get over here and give Mama a hug." He was the only person, she asked for a hug from. I just laughed and told my DH, "she I told you she loves you most of all."
Sending for your grandma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
OK. Who said I was not going to make it past Monday without changing??? Well, you were right....and this is a major one....

We have moved our trip from August to April!!!!!!! we are now 4/24/14 - 5/3/14 at WL CL!!!!!

I can't even believe it!!! ADRS need to be done in 7 days!!!!!

For many reasons, April will work a lot better for us and we get to Disney sooner!! I also bought our airfare, got a good deal!!!

Now I have to pay off this trip in 1/2 the time, but DH said he will work extra to pay for it, because he wouldn't give up CL.

Off to make a new ticker....

Now I'm just praying that the mine train is done by then!!!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:48 AM   #109
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Candace - I was the one who said by the weekend, LOL! Guess I was a day off

I promise to be back and catch up latter.

Have a feeling it's going to be a long day, Sarah woke up burning up AGAIN after being on antibiotics for the past week and she is so congested in her chest, I don't have a good feeling about this one. And of course I had an appt today that was my reschedule from when she was sick before and Steven has an appt this afternoon I am going to have to cancel.

HUGS
Melissa

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:11 AM   #110
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyberger View Post

Have a feeling it's going to be a long day, Sarah woke up burning up AGAIN after being on antibiotics for the past week and she is so congested in her chest, I don't have a good feeling about this one. And of course I had an appt today that was my reschedule from when she was sick before and Steven has an appt this afternoon I am going to have to cancel.

HUGS
Melissa

Melissa I hope she is ok!
Old 10-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #111
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
It's funny you say that: I grew up in Maryland and had some major sinus issues. I was tested for allergies and nothing popped... fast forward 15 years and we move back to Maryland. I had been having issues when we lived in California, but they got 100x worse when we got to MD. Tested for allergies AGAIN and I had TWENTY-SEVEN triggers, 20 of which are outdoor. My allergist thinks that I was SO hypersensitive when I was tested as a teen it messed up the results. I'm been on shots for *thinks* 18 months now and it's GREAT! I was on 2 allergy meds, a nasal spray, and a rescue inhaler... now, I just have the inhaler and haven't used it in a year!

I hope your sister gets an answer - I can sympathize with her and hope she gets the freedom of a clear nose!
Thank you. I hope she gets some answers. I'm sure her allergies play a big part in wanting to move, but I just think they have gotten so used to living away from here that they are ready to move. If that makes sense.

Quote:

HUGS
Melissa

I'm so sorry she's still not feeling well. Sending prayers her way that she gets over what ever it is quickly.

Quote:
I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I will keep her in my thoughts!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Wookie: Sending healing thoughts for your grandmother
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Sending for your grandma.
Thanks y'all. She was being so funny yesterday after she got the morphine. She could answer everything, but where she was and she couldn't recognize one cousin that was there. Even last night, she still thought she was at her nursing home. When she got to a room in the ICU one of the questions they asked was who was the president. My grandmother said, "Obama, but I don't know his first name....and now you've ruined my day." I was just like, "wow, well tell us what you really think about the president Mama" (what we call my grandmother).

Well, I'm off for the day to work for my friend's day care.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #112
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Hello ladies! Peeking in between frantic emailing sessions with Disney Custom Cakes. Why did I just realize TODAY that I'd need to get a birthday cake? Seriously.
Mmmmm. Cake! Whatcha getting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
A big to everyone else! Crazy busy day (what's new?), hope to catch up later. So happy to see so many of our RCers find our new home!! And welcome to our newcomers!
Hi Janet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post

I am teaching 7th grade. It is my favorite grade but my goodness....7th graders are a piece of work. Meanwhile, I have a 7th grader. We were going to try to squeeze in a small trip this summer but my DS was accepted into an engineering program with a summer bridge and the promise of scholarship and internship but it meant that he had to go to school in the summer. It was a GREAT program. We thought that we could squeeze in at the beginning of August but then we received the first tuition bill. I am going to book our trip for this August now so that we can get it paid off ASAP!!! I need a vacation. Right now I am praying for SNOW....

You have done such a wonderful job keeping the RCers happy and keeping a home for us. You are NOT a sap. You are so genuine. (I'm sitting here misty eyed). Now.... help me because I've already switched from AoA to Poly to PO (I've never booked a moderate, please tell me it will be okay) I loved Pop but am not sure I like any of the themes at the moderates. So....I'm booked at PO and I know I am about to change soon. Back to cha cha changing....
Yay for your DS! Pas is the real deal isn't she Happy changing!

Quote:
WOO HOO!!

It's been one of those days that started out one way and with one phone call, went in a total different level of bleh. I ended up not going in to work today. Just as I was getting ready to walk out the door, my mom called. She had a call from her cousin or her husband (who lives in the town that my grandmother's nursing home is in and is the first to call if she has an emergency since they are close). My grandmother had had a stroke and it wasn't sounding good. They were just waiting on the chopper to take her into Fort Worth. My DH and I were parking just as the chopper landed, and saw them put her in an ambulance to take into the ER. She's in the ICU now, but thanks to some shot they gave her (some 3 letter acronym that is like Draino for clearing clots out of veins and starts with a T) is doing much better than they think she would have been doing without the shot. Now we're just waiting on tests results. When they first got her to an ER room, she was able to tell us what my cousin's name was, and my name. When I asked her if she recognized my DH she said, "well of course I know my David. You get over here and give Mama a hug." He was the only person, she asked for a hug from. I just laughed and told my DH, "she I told you she loves you most of all."[/FONT][/COLOR]
Hugs for grandma Wishing for a speedy recovery.

Quote:
OK. Who said I was not going to make it past Monday without changing??? Well, you were right....and this is a major one....

We have moved our trip from August to April!!!!!!! we are now 4/24/14 - 5/3/14 at WL CL!!!!!

For many reasons, April will work a lot better for us and we get to Disney sooner!! I also bought our airfare, got a good deal!!!

Now I have to pay off this trip in 1/2 the time, but DH said he will work extra to pay for it, because he wouldn't give up CL.

That IS big! And awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
Oh F&G!!! That's when I want to go!
Me too!

Quote:
It's funny you say that: I grew up in Maryland and had some major sinus issues. I was tested for allergies and nothing popped... fast forward 15 years and we move back to Maryland. I had been having issues when we lived in California, but they got 100x worse when we got to MD. Tested for allergies AGAIN and I had TWENTY-SEVEN triggers, 20 of which are outdoor. My allergist thinks that I was SO hypersensitive when I was tested as a teen it messed up the results. I'm been on shots for *thinks* 18 months now and it's GREAT! I was on 2 allergy meds, a nasal spray, and a rescue inhaler... now, I just have the inhaler and haven't used it in a year!
Glad you got your allergies in check. That must have been miserable.

Quote:

HUGS
Melissa

Hugs for Sarah. I hope you can get those appts rescheduled.I know how hard that can be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, two days out and 3 out of 4 kids are sick. This stinks. Need some speedy healing vibes or I may have to cancel.
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!

i_heart_the_mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #113
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

GM Just a quick hello heading out to the store, I ran out of detergent something I always have a backup bottle of in the storage closet but guess what?

Quote:
WOO HOO!!

The odd thing is that she has been tested and said that she's not allergic to anything. I think my mom said today that they were going to do some thyroid testing.

ah, so your calling me old?? That's it young lady....to the RC penalty box (the Cinderella Suite) for you.

It's been one of those days that started out one way and with one phone call, went in a total different level of bleh. I ended up not going in to work today. Just as I was getting ready to walk out the door, my mom called. She had a call from her cousin or her husband (who lives in the town that my grandmother's nursing home is in and is the first to call if she has an emergency since they are close). My grandmother had had a stroke and it wasn't sounding good. They were just waiting on the chopper to take her into Fort Worth. My DH and I were parking just as the chopper landed, and saw them put her in an ambulance to take into the ER. She's in the ICU now, but thanks to some shot they gave her (some 3 letter acronym that is like Draino for clearing clots out of veins and starts with a T) is doing much better than they think she would have been doing without the shot. Now we're just waiting on tests results. When they first got her to an ER room, she was able to tell us what my cousin's name was, and my name. When I asked her if she recognized my DH she said, "well of course I know my David. You get over here and give Mama a hug." He was the only person, she asked for a hug from. I just laughed and told my DH, "she I told you she loves you most of all."
wookie sending healing thoughts for your grandmother

Quote:

Candace great choice loved going Easter week WDW is so pretty in the Spring, weather is nice only drawback can be the crowds.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #114
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

HUGS
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_the_mouse View Post

Hi Janet!

Me too!

Hugs for Sarah. I hope you can get those appts rescheduled.I know how hard that can be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, two days out and 3 out of 4 kids are sick. This stinks. Need some speedy healing vibes or I may have to cancel.
Melissa & I_Heart thinking of you both and hopeing the kiddos get well quickly

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #115
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Sending prayers that they are all better quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
wookie sending healing thoughts for your grandmother
Quote:
Thank you both.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #116
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Melissa & I_Heart: Oh no, hoping they're all better quick -- poor kiddos.

Wookie: Sending the best thoughts your way for your mama.

Jen: Did you change your avatar?! Is that the teeny-tiny?

--------------------------

I emailed the Custom Cake folks and they were really on the ball. (I'd first made a call to the Boardwalk private dining but didn't have a good feeling about it.) Anywho, I decided to go for a "mini-wedding cake" ... just a very small two-tiered "cake" (more like a double-decker cupcake) in a Halloween theme with fondant pumpkins on top. They'll deliver it after his birthday dinner at BOG the night of the Halloween party. Now, to keep a certain someone from blabbing...

It was 32 degrees when I did the school walk this morning,

Guess the germs are out in full force. Miss M is sounding all bunged up. Seems to be a normal pre-trip occurrence around here. Plying her with decongestant and Claritin.

We went over to Michigan on Sunday for my "getting older day" and picked up some apples and blackberries. Wondering if I should make a cobbler... those blackberries are so. flippin'. good. though. I'd feel like I was "wasting" them.

Be back in a bit.
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #117
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi Janet!

Me too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No cancelling allowed! I hope they get better soon Iheart!
Old 10-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #118
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Melissa & I_Heart: Oh no, hoping they're all better quick -- poor kiddos.

Wookie: Sending the best thoughts your way for your mama.

Jen: Did you change your avatar?! Is that the teeny-tiny?

--------------------------

I emailed the Custom Cake folks and they were really on the ball. (I'd first made a call to the Boardwalk private dining but didn't have a good feeling about it.) Anywho, I decided to go for a "mini-wedding cake" ... just a very small two-tiered "cake" (more like a double-decker cupcake) in a Halloween theme with fondant pumpkins on top. They'll deliver it after his birthday dinner at BOG the night of the Halloween party. Now, to keep a certain someone from blabbing...

It was 32 degrees when I did the school walk this morning,

Guess the germs are out in full force. Miss M is sounding all bunged up. Seems to be a normal pre-trip occurrence around here. Plying her with decongestant and Claritin.

We went over to Michigan on Sunday for my "getting older day" and picked up some apples and blackberries. Wondering if I should make a cobbler... those blackberries are so. flippin'. good. though. I'd feel like I was "wasting" them.

Be back in a bit.
Did I miss your birthday! If so I am soooooooo sorry!

Ooh berry cobbler sounds divine too! That is my middle DD, she did that pic herself on the iPad!
Old 10-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #119
dimndgal1
One little spark...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian Gracey View Post
Yay! I really hope you get that vow renewal! That would be absolutely wonderful and just as great as a wedding!
Here's hoping!!!
I guess I'll just have to live vicariously through all the Disney brides... so PLEASE post planning updates!!!

Quote:

HUGS
Melissa
so sorry and hope your daughter feels better soon!

Quote:
Thank you. I hope she gets some answers. I'm sure her allergies play a big part in wanting to move, but I just think they have gotten so used to living away from here that they are ready to move. If that makes sense.
I definitely understand! We have moved *think* 6 times in 9 years and anytime I'm in one place more than 18 months, I feel super antsy. DH is talking about settling here but I want to do one more long distance tour before we settle in... the girls are young and I want one last adventure

Quote:
Thanks y'all. She was being so funny yesterday after she got the morphine. She could answer everything, but where she was and she couldn't recognize one cousin that was there. Even last night, she still thought she was at her nursing home. When she got to a room in the ICU one of the questions they asked was who was the president. My grandmother said, "Obama, but I don't know his first name....and now you've ruined my day." I was just like, "wow, well tell us what you really think about the president Mama" (what we call my grandmother).

---------------------------------------------------------------

I may have had the fastest double change in my many years of Disney planning. I had been debating trying to get our group into POR to save some money, figuring we'd pay for a preferred room to guarantee AB. They had all been booked up for our dates, but when I called last night, there was a room open if we shifted a day. I was all excited and switched to POR...
Then DH brought up a point: AB rooms don't have elevators. I have hip issues and REALLY loathe stairs, especially after a day of park walking. Not to mention finagling a stroller.
10 minutes after making the switch, I called back and asked if I could guarantee a first floor AB room. They said only if we requested a handicap room, which I don't want to do - I don't need it and hate to take it from someone who might. SOOOO, 15 minutes after swtiching to POR, we're back to WL bunk.

AHHHHH, I need to stop looking at savings and just accept the beauty of WL!!!
'88-1st WDW trip * '92, '95, '98-DW day trips * '03-DW Spring Break * '05-'06-AP WDW (honeymoon & more!) * '08-1st DL trip * '10-DL (Paradise Pier, Club 33) '11-Spontaneous DW (SoG) * Jun 2012 - Week in WDW (POR/YC!!!) * Sep 2014-MNSSHP/LO's First Trip! (WL) * Christmas '14-In-law-mageddon
(me) (DH) (DD-7) (DD-1) (Bailey) (Aristotle)
dimndgal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #120
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Ahem...well, that was short lived.... (note Ticker change)

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: