Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #346
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlseege View Post
color choices just showed up today for my Jan 26-30th trip!
Interesting. We have a split stay over the holidays. Our 12/27 band order is there, as is our 1/1 order. Our 1/9 order is not there yet.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:36 AM   #347
mjtatman
Mouseketeer

where are you going to check this? I think I'm logged in correctly because it shows all of my reservations and family in the tabs, but I'm not finding anything for Magic Bands or FastPass+. We are going on 01/18...so maybe I'm not close enough yet???

When I click on "My Disney Experience" these are my choices in my drop down window...
PLAN AND MANAGE
My Itinerary
My Reservations
FastPass+
Disney PhotoPass

MY ACCOUNT
My Profile
My Family & Friends
My Wish List
MagicBands and Cards
Annual Passholders
2009 - ASM
2008 - FW
2001 - offsite
1994 - offsite
1992 - SSR/Tree Houses
1988 - offsite
1984 - FW
1980 - POLY
mjtatman is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #348
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtatman View Post
where are you going to check this? I think I'm logged in correctly because it shows all of my reservations and family in the tabs, but I'm not finding anything for Magic Bands or FastPass+. We are going on 01/18...so maybe I'm not close enough yet???

When I click on "My Disney Experience" these are my choices in my drop down window...
PLAN AND MANAGE
My Itinerary
My Reservations
FastPass+
Disney PhotoPass

MY ACCOUNT
My Profile
My Family & Friends
My Wish List
MagicBands and Cards
Annual Passholders
Try clicking on Magic Bands and Cards. The orders usually show at the top of that page. Another option is to click on My Disney Experience (rather than choose from the drop down menu). When the page loads there are links on the right. One says either Manage Magic Bands or Personalize Magic Bands. It will say Manage until you are able to customize, at which point it will change to Personalize.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #349
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamSweetsLove View Post
It was the same for me too (for Jan. 3rd check in) but the other colors showed up 74 days out from our trip. Literally right now, a few hours ago it was only showing grey.
Cool! Thanks for the report!

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #350
mjtatman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by epcotitis View Post
How soon should we get FP+ and MB links for a MLK weekend stay?
Did anyone answer this yet? I'm scouring the feed...but it's sooooo big :-)
We are staying the same weekend and I'm wondering when i should start worrying about getting it all down correctly! I finally mastered dining reservations and the old fast passes....added the cruise, so I'm learning that! And now MagicBands! Glad I'm not the only confused one :-)
2009 - ASM
2008 - FW
2001 - offsite
1994 - offsite
1992 - SSR/Tree Houses
1988 - offsite
1984 - FW
1980 - POLY
mjtatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #351
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtatman View Post
Did anyone answer this yet? I'm scouring the feed...but it's sooooo big :-)
We are staying the same weekend and I'm wondering when i should start worrying about getting it all down correctly! I finally mastered dining reservations and the old fast passes....added the cruise, so I'm learning that! And now MagicBands! Glad I'm not the only confused one :-)
I believe that they have only opened the system through 1/5. They usually open it through the end of a month, but with the busy end-of-year holiday period it seems that when they opened December they exteded it into January a bit.

Eventually the system will open 60 days before check in, so that is when you should start looking. If you do not have access at that point don't worry. For October, November and December, guests began getting access about 6 weeks before the first of the month. So, for October check ins, guests got access in mid to late August...for November it was mid to late September and for December it was mid to late October. Those that were already within their 60 day window got immediate access. Those that had check ins in that month but were not yet within 60 days got access at the 60 day mark. If things progress as they have, guests with check ins on or after 1/6 should get access in mid to late November.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #352
mitchwebb
DIS Veteran

Got home last night and was able to customize all three sets of bands. Checking in 12/26. Decided to pick different colors for each set. Not sure way I need three seems redundant.

DHDD12DD15DD21*

mitchwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #353
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchwebb View Post
Got home last night and was able to customize all three sets of bands. Checking in 12/26. Decided to pick different colors for each set. Not sure way I need three seems redundant.
It is, and you won't need all of them. Each of the bands will work for your entire trip. We, too, choose different colors each time. It's nice to have wardrobe-matching options.

Disney is suggesting that you bring all bands with you during the testing phase, just in case there is an issue.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #354
kimara
Disney Park Addict living in Idaho??

Wahoooo!

We are checking in Jan. 22nd and we just got to customize our bands
Now, how many times will I change it before they mail it to us? It's just so hard to choose.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #355
OnlyDisney
DIS Veteran

We check-in Jan 3 and I was able to pick our colors today - Goodby gray! I'm having such a hard time deciding on colors

Me - Green or Pink
DH - Green
DS - Green
DD - Pink

I'm not sure if I should go with green or choose pink to match my daughter (then the colors would also be even)
Oct 18-Oct 31, 2015 - Windsor Hills
OnlyDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:00 PM   #356
SarahD
DIS Veteran

So how do I plan a vacation for an extended family of 15 when only some of us are staying on property? Some on property, some off, some who live locally. I need to book fast passes ahead of time for eight of us and the others have to try to get fast passes for those time frames when we're at the park?!
Old 10-28-2013, 12:34 AM   #357
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyDisney View Post
We check-in Jan 3 and I was able to pick our colors today - Goodby gray! I'm having such a hard time deciding on colors

Me - Green or Pink
DH - Green
DS - Green
DD - Pink

I'm not sure if I should go with green or choose pink to match my daughter (then the colors would also be even)
You sound like me! We had a hard time deciding on the colors too but since we got some for our arrival day at a different resort I got all of the colors except gray. I was surprised how much I loved the yellow and orange ones. Our main bands are pink, green, red & blue. Or first set are pink, green, yellow and orange.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:44 AM   #358
Minniekins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahD View Post
So how do I plan a vacation for an extended family of 15 when only some of us are staying on property? Some on property, some off, some who live locally. I need to book fast passes ahead of time for eight of us and the others have to try to get fast passes for those time frames when we're at the park?!
Well, those staying off site can't get FP+ yet. And, sorry, I don't see anyway that it would work out that you choose FP+ times now when you book and then hope the FP- times match up. I don't think there's anyway to know when the FP- machine will spit out the paper FP you need, and that'd be a lot of waiting around to see. And they could be out by the time you get there for big ticket rides. Pretty much stinks!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #359
sunnnshin
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahD View Post
This is one of those things Disney has NOT thought through about this whole process. Of course, you do not have to book your fast passes ahead of time - you can book them day of. But, since they are planning on doing away with the room keys you may not be able to use the regular fast pass process and still have to use the fast pass plus. Which means, while the others are getting their regular fast passes you will be staring at your phone going through the tedious process of trying to set up matching fast pass plus for the same time. Of course, you can always try to track down a cast member with an Ipad to do that for you.

Keep in mind, that park hopping is discouraged in the new system. You can only have 3 fast passes per day, and only in one park. And, when you choose a fast pass, you still have to choose 3 whether you want them or not. So, once you make one, the next time in the same park you have to "change the time or experience" of an existing pass.

My recommendation is to provide feedback early and often to guest services. I know I will. I am not impressed with the rollout of the system, the limitations, and the TEDIOUSLY slow and cumbersome website.
sunnnshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:13 AM   #360
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Resort guests are being issued KTTW cards which they can use to pull traditional fast passes. That rumor about taking it away from resort guests while allowing off site guests to pull fast passes not only is not true, but it doesn't even make sense.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: