Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
QueenofScott
Mouseketeer

Intro & Magic Bands clarification

Hi

DH, DS (15), DD (13), and I are heading to WDW in January...YAY! It is our first trip since 2002, when we took all five kids. DS & DD are the only two left at home now. It should be a much different trip with only four of us and no littles.
I have been eagerly reading the Disboards since we started planning our trip a couple months ago. So many exciting new things going on! Anyway, we will be arriving at WDW on the evening of January 4th, checking in at Pop Century for one night. The morning of the 5th we will check out and move to BWI for the rest of our stay (we check out on the 11th). We have 6 day park hoppers.
Now....for my Magic Band info and question: We are either 74 or 75 days out and already have the ability to customize the bands on MDX. Because we are stating at two resorts, we are being issued two sets of bands. I know I have seen others mention getting more than one set and am pretty certain they were able to freely interchange the bands during their stay at WDW. I just want to clarify that point and make sure i understand correctly before we actually order the bands (it says we have 44 and 45 more days, respectively, to customize and actually place the order for he bands). So....here's my question: I, for example want to order a pink band (my favorite color!) and a green band. If I order the pink one for Pop, will I still be able to use that one while staying at BWI, like I believe I understand, and also be able to use the green one, as well? If so, would that mean that upon check-in at BWI, we would need to get a CM to link our first set of bands to our BWI reservation? Sorry if I'm being unclear!

Thanks for any advice you can offer😄 All of your posts have been invaluable in planning our upcoming trip, and reading all the tips and info makes everything that much more exciting!
QueenofScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Yes you should be able to use them interchangeably. The information is store on MDE and the band just contains the chip that "talks to" the MDE database.

Have fun!!

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

You're already able to customize your bands for a January trip?

LSUfan4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #4
QueenofScott
Mouseketeer

Smile

Hey, LSUfan! I am in Baton Rouge, born and raised)

Yes, to my surprise, we are able to customize our bands. Saturday the option popped up, but only the gray choice was available, and the same was true yesterday. This morning when I checked, all of the color options were available!

We will be at WDW FT January 4-11
Old 10-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Hopefully we can start to customize here pretty soon as well. We arrive on Jan 10.

Last edited by LSUfan4444; 10-21-2013 at 01:38 PM.
LSUfan4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
ghtx
"In this times that all strategies seem to be death and you pay to eat fart and make a line in the parks of DW and just a few rides..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofScott View Post
Yes, to my surprise, we are able to customize our bands. Saturday the option popped up, but only the gray choice was available, and the same was true yesterday. This morning when I checked, all of the color options were available!

We will be at WDW FT January 4-11
Same thing for me. And we are checking into BLT on January 5th.

I can't make FP+ ressies yet, though.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #7
QueenofScott
Mouseketeer

I just called WDW technical support for help with a problem on our friends/family list on MDX (we have our family of 4, which is correct, then hubby and I are listed a second time down below as "friends"). Apparently there is a backlog of issues for IT to work through, so we were put on a list. Anyway, I asked the CM about the 2 sets of magic bands, one for each resort, and she told me the first set will only work while we are at Pop, the first resort, and the second set will only work while we are at BWI, the second resort. I'm thinking she may have incorrect information? Is there anybody who has already done a split stay and been able to interchange both sets of bands throughout their trip?
It's certainly not an earth shattering issue, but if what the
CM said is true, we would like to order our first choice colors for the second set of bands, as those are the ones we'll be using for almost the entire trip if that's the case. We are only staying at Pop on our arrival night, after driving all day.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: