Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #706
2010_Bride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allyourwishes View Post

Yes he rides the whole route, I saw him on Main Street and in Frontierland near the steam boat for the 10:30 parades but it's worth noting he comes out a little before the parade so be in place early
Fantastic! Thanks

2010_Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #707
marie8461
Earning My Ears

Party Merchandise

Someone posted that the party merchandise is put out around 6pm. I will be in the MK at that time the night before the party I will be attending. Can I buy it then or does it have to be at the party I am attending. Would love to buy the shirt ahead and wear it to the party. Thanks!
marie8461 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 08:38 AM   #708
Dr.Girlfriend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie8461 View Post
Someone posted that the party merchandise is put out around 6pm. I will be in the MK at that time the night before the party I will be attending. Can I buy it then or does it have to be at the party I am attending. Would love to buy the shirt ahead and wear it to the party. Thanks!
Last night, it was out at 6:45 p.m.; they were asking people to form a line to purchase at about 6:50. You have to have your wristband on in order to even get into the line to purchase party material, but yes, you can get the shirt, ask them to cut the tags off, then wear it right before the official start of the party. They will not allow you to purchase the night before without the wristband (according to the CM I spoke to last night).
Wine & Dine 1/2 - 2011 ~ WDW Marathon Relay - 2012 ~ Princess 1/2 - 2012 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler - 2012 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 2012 ~ Goofy Challenge - 2013 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler – 2013 ~ Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k - 2013 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 – 2013 ~ Family Fun Run 5k - 2014 ~ Minnie Mouse - 10k 2014 ~ Donald 1/2 - 2014 ~ Castaway Cay 5k - 2014

UPCOMING:
Royal Family 5k - 2014 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge – 2014 ~ Everest Challenge 5k - 2014 ~ Dumbo Double Dare - 2014
Dr.Girlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #709
iamtinkerballa
Earning My Ears

I went last month and had a blast! Got so much candy that I won't have to buy any to pass out this year! They were handing it out with 2 hands
I had the Not So Scary Halloween tune in my head for like a week
iamtinkerballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #710
FirstTimeDisneyVisit
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtinkerballa View Post
I went last month and had a blast! Got so much candy that I won't have to buy any to pass out this year! They were handing it out with 2 hands

THIS !!! i just you tubed the song over the weekend !! i cant stop singing it lol
This was our first ever Halloween party and i must say i was truly impressed with all the costumes people came up with. Next year defiantly goign to have to come up with something better then my sorcerer hat and Mickey hands.

September 2011 - All Star Sports
September 2012 - Coronado Springs Resort
September 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge

FirstTimeDisneyVisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #711
Dr.Girlfriend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's so funny how the candy drops seem to be different each night. I went on September 13th and we received a crazy amount of candy from each CM. Ended up with 19.5 pounds between my family and I, and we only went through lines once.

Went again last night, and CM's gave out between 1-3 pieces of candy at each station. At the end of the night, the station next to Stitch was extremely generous and gave 2 handfuls, and that was it.

(And if I was going for candy, that would be silly - but it was interesting how the first time I went it was an insane amount, second time I went it was hardly any)
Wine & Dine 1/2 - 2011 ~ WDW Marathon Relay - 2012 ~ Princess 1/2 - 2012 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler - 2012 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 2012 ~ Goofy Challenge - 2013 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler – 2013 ~ Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k - 2013 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 – 2013 ~ Family Fun Run 5k - 2014 ~ Minnie Mouse - 10k 2014 ~ Donald 1/2 - 2014 ~ Castaway Cay 5k - 2014

UPCOMING:
Royal Family 5k - 2014 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge – 2014 ~ Everest Challenge 5k - 2014 ~ Dumbo Double Dare - 2014
Dr.Girlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #712
iamtinkerballa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Girlfriend View Post
It's so funny how the candy drops seem to be different each night. I went on September 13th and we received a crazy amount of candy from each CM. Ended up with 19.5 pounds between my family and I, and we only went through lines once.

Went again last night, and CM's gave out between 1-3 pieces of candy at each station. At the end of the night, the station next to Stitch was extremely generous and gave 2 handfuls, and that was it.

(And if I was going for candy, that would be silly - but it was interesting how the first time I went it was an insane amount, second time I went it was hardly any)

19.5 lbs?!
You have enough candy to pass out for 3 years!
And you're right, depends on each station....I guess we were lucky that night. Some CM's did hand out just a few pieces but that was ok because we made out like bandits that night. And you did too!!!!

Me DH

WDW - June 2012, Sept. 2013
Disney Wonder - Oct. 2011 7 night Mexican Riviera
Disney Fantasy - Oct. 2013 7 night Eastern Caribbean
Disney Magic - Sept. 2014 14 night WBTA
Resorts - Old Key West

iamtinkerballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #713
Allyourwishes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
3 weeks and counting that tune really get's into your brain yet I only really know two lines lol
Old 10-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #714
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Girlfriend View Post
y)
WOW! Great score!!! We were at the party last Friday (sold out). Candy lines were long. Our family of four collected 13.5 pounds. We needed another carry on bag just for the candy.

BTW, I'm eating a Laffy Taffy right now!!!
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #715
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post

WOW! Great score!!! We were at the party last Friday (sold out). Candy lines were long. Our family of four collected 13.5 pounds. We needed another carry on bag just for the candy.

We went to the party on Friday too. Between the 4 of us (the girls kept their candy in their own bags so not included) we collected over 60lbs of candy. We had 2 backpacks full plus 4 large (from home) bags full. I separate the candy and we have a Rubbermaid tote full of fruit snacks and 11 gallon sized ziplocks full of candy. 90% of that candy was collected in the last hour of the party. LOL

We've got enough candy to hand out plus add to class goody bags and honestly I don't think we'll let the kids TOT on Halloween for very long because it's a ton of candy.

And this is the 2nd MNSSHP my DH and I did this year. We went just the 2 of us in Sept and the CM were super generous with handing out candy then. Between jut us 2 we collected over 39lbs of candy.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #716
hollygolitely93
DIS Veteran

We are going Halloween night. I still haven't gotten my head around a game plan. I think because I want to do it all!

I want to ride BTM and JC at night with no lines!
I want to see the Villians show!
I want to see the parade and Fireworks!
I want to dance with Monsters Inc.
I want to get a little bit of candy.

Of course I want to do the above only for the sake of my kids...

Any ideas how to tackle all of that? does it mean I really need to do the second parade? So nervous my 3 and 6 YO won't make it. Given it is a sold out night and Halloween I expect I'll have to line up majorly early to do all that!
Old 10-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #717
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
We went to the party on Friday too. Between the 4 of us (the girls kept their candy in their own bags so not included) we collected over 60lbs of candy. We had 2 backpacks full plus 4 large (from home) bags full. I separate the candy and we have a Rubbermaid tote full of fruit snacks and 11 gallon sized ziplocks full of candy. 90% of that candy was collected in the last hour of the party. LOL

We've got enough candy to hand out plus add to class goody bags and honestly I don't think we'll let the kids TOT on Halloween for very long because it's a ton of candy.

And this is the 2nd MNSSHP my DH and I did this year. We went just the 2 of us in Sept and the CM were super generous with handing out candy then. Between jut us 2 we collected over 39lbs of candy.

We've eaten most of ours (I mean me)
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #718
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolitely93 View Post
We are going Halloween night. I still haven't gotten my head around a game plan. I think because I want to do it all!

I want to ride BTM and JC at night with no lines!
I want to see the Villians show!
I want to see the parade and Fireworks!
I want to dance with Monsters Inc.
I want to get a little bit of candy.

Of course I want to do the above only for the sake of my kids...

Any ideas how to tackle all of that? does it mean I really need to do the second parade? So nervous my 3 and 6 YO won't make it. Given it is a sold out night and Halloween I expect I'll have to line up majorly early to do all that!
Ok, on a sold out night (last Friday) we ride BTM 2x with short lines during the first parade. I wouldn't waste time on the JC unless it will be your only chance, just because it eats up a lot of time.

We saw the villains show that as right before the celebrate the magic and fireworks. As soon as the parade cleared through the hub we secured a spot in the street right in front of the castle. I was prime viewing for the villains show and the celebrate the magic but a bit too close for good fireworks viewing so maybe work to back up in the 5 mins between the celebrate the magic and the fireworks?

Monsters Inc is wide open dancing and you could do that right when the party starts at 7. Then hit up the candy station by SM and then head back towards fantasyland by way of the speedway (avoid the circus area and the treat trail between SM and the circus)...in act avoid all treat trails...they are a major time suck for little reward.

After the fireworks there will be a MASS of ppl heading towards liberty square. Avoid that and cut through Adventureland to get over to Frontierland by way of the cut through by Aladdin. If you snag a spot in front of the Diamond Horseshoe , you will be able to Pop in and out of there and take turns sitting in the a/c and doing the dance party. There is also a candy spot in there. After the parade this is an excellent spot to escape back into Adventureland without the crowds. From there to can hit up the POtc candy spots and maybe this would be a good time to go on JC. After the JC, you should head over to the circus area and hit up that candy spot. If you haven't managed to collect up much candy before then, now is the time to simply loop that area if it is dead. We have found after 11pm that area is simply empty and it's a great spot to load up on candy.

Once you have your fill of candy from there, you could head back through to tomorrowland by way of the speedway and tea cups (can only go one way from the SM to circus area trail so you can't get back to tomorrowland) and try to get some last minute pics of the Monsters dance party.

That's what I would do. HTH!
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:31 AM   #719
Disney Dad 88
Mouseketeer

We went to the Sunday night party and had a great time. Arrived early and had dinner at Tony's. In line for Jack Sparrow at 6:20 and third in line. Line was long by seven. Caught the first Villians show and were four rows back from the stage, and got a picture with the Evil Queen. Lots of jostling in there, my 5 year old was bumped pretty hard so we only got that one picture. Worked some ToT in and arrived by the Dwarves as the parade was starting. Waited 15 minutes for a great picture of my girls with them. We worked our way into Frontierland, got a picture with Abu and Aladdin which was what we needed for our collection. Got front row for 2 nd parade. Rode BTM twice in the dark, and got Jafar on the way out at 11:30.
Overall, had a great time. Seemed busier than last year by a lot. I never saw so many stollers in my life, saw one double with what looked like a 10 and 8 year old in them. Have a plan and you will have a great time.
Disney Dad 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #720
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99

How do you know how much candy you got in pounds??
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: