Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #31
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the heads up! I'm waiting for my PP+ package to arrive. I ordered it last week.
fabulousfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:46 AM   #32
blumski
Mouseketeer

Wondering

We arrive on Tuesday and wondering if this starts today or exactly when? Does anyone know?
blumski is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #33
tracydeech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumski View Post
We arrive on Tuesday and wondering if this starts today or exactly when? Does anyone know?
Some have said they have been using the bands already linked to their PP. with some glitches though.
tracydeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #34
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
We were there last week. We used the card at the recommendation of the cm who gave it to us who said they were still having some glitches with the bands. Didn't help. I've had a group of lost photos here and there, but this time I had at least 6 groups of lost photos, and also had photos of 5 other families. It is a mess. We've used photopass every year for the last 6 years and I've never had so many issues.
They really need to get this fixed sooner rather than later! Yes, these are the kinds of reports I was referring to, although I had been under the impression that the majority were caused by MB's not functioning correctly - however this does not seem to be exclusive to MB's

Also, the fact that PP+ is non refundable is just slightly annoying because you don't even have the option to say the heck with it and cancel for a refund

I hope they find your missing photos for you!!
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:24 AM   #35
blumski
Mouseketeer

sunday?

So did this start yesterday? Anyone there that knows?
blumski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #36
Tormania
Mouseketeer

I planned on ordering PP+ in the next week for our upcoming trip in Dec. Will this change what we get then??
Old 10-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #37
squirrel4569
DIS Veteran

Very curious to see how this will roll out. We've had some issues with missing pictures and other families in our pictures in the past, but was always able to solve the issue with the PP people. Last year I visited the PP center at MK and they hunted through the pictures that I was missing until they found them. Best thing to do with that is just be pleasant and understanding and they will be more than willing to help.

This year we forgot to pick up some pictures from TPL and they shipped them to us after we got home. We were right in the middle of the site switchover and some of the pictures didn't switch properly so I spent some time on the phone with them and they found the pictures and realized they were marked as hidden and once they un-hid them everything was fine. We had an issue where they didn't ship the CD as well so they shipped it again, then the original finally shipped many weeks later so we wound up with two.

I always log into the PP site each day to make sure that our pictures are showing up and we keep track of what we wore, where we went, etc, so if something is missing we can help look for it.

I am really hoping that the MagicBands are available to off-site guests and you can store your PP info on the bands. That will be great for our group if/when we decide to split up.

Again, it just depends on how it's implemented. It could be awesome or it could be a total disaster. It seems like the transition periods are the hardest to manage so fingers are crossed that by next summer the bugs are worked out.
April 1981 - Holiday Inn - MK only (no other parks existed!);May 1999 - Travelodge - First adult trip;Aug 2003 - Disneyland's California Adventure;Dec 2004 - La Quinta - Christmas trip w/fiance to HS;Sep 2010 - Pop - DD1's 5th birthday;Nov 2012 - AoA - DD2's 4th birthday (KOTS trip);Aug 2013 - AoA - Just because trip

squirrel4569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #38
telecomguy
Agent P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormania View Post
I planned on ordering PP+ in the next week for our upcoming trip in Dec. Will this change what we get then??
Same here. We used PP+ last year, and I really liked getting all those restaurant photos and ride photos for free. Hoping to use it a lot more this year. Was planning on purchasing it ahead of time because we forgot until it was too late last year and had to buy it at DD when we got there.
November 2014 - All-Star Music

telecomguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #39
telecomguy
Agent P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddypaws View Post
Are there any rumours that the price will increase with the changes? I was going to wait to decide if we should purchase PP+ this year, but maybe I should order it sooner.
I haven't heard of any price increases, but if you go to the pre-order page, it looks to be more expensive now than it was before. I seem to recall that both PP and PP+ were cheaper in previous years, although I could be wrong?

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/wdwmemories
November 2014 - All-Star Music

telecomguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #40
fabulousfive
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecomguy View Post

I haven't heard of any price increases, but if you go to the pre-order page, it looks to be more expensive now than it was before. I seem to recall that both PP and PP+ were cheaper in previous years, although I could be wrong?

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/wdwmemories
The prices are the same today in the above link as they have been for awhile. Not to say that they couldn't go up with this new rollout though.
fabulousfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #41
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Does it make a difference if I've already ordered my PP+?

We have the voucher and we arrive next week..
Will I get PP+ or the new one?

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #42
Doug7856
DIS Veteran

Interesting development. I was planning to order our PP+ next week but decided to order today just in case there is a price increase. I'm looking forward to updates from DISers on the new program.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #43
sweetnjmom
Mouseketeer

Reading this post with interest as well. I pre-ordered PhotoPass+ today, before heading to the boards. I've read so many complaints about PP+ that I've been worried about it, but my DH wants it and I'm hoping for the best.

We plan to be together and use the card--don't trust the Magic Bands with the photos for some reason.

Past trips off property: 4/80, 1/81, 6/94 and 5/09
Past trips on property: 8/90 GF, 10/96 CBR, 11/01 ASM, 5/02 POR, 5/06 CSR
sweetnjmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:15 PM   #44
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnjmom View Post
Reading this post with interest as well. I pre-ordered PhotoPass+ today, before heading to the boards. I've read so many complaints about PP+ that I've been worried about it, but my DH wants it and I'm hoping for the best.

We plan to be together and use the card--don't trust the Magic Bands with the photos for some reason.
I have also pre ordered it but our trip is not for a good while yet.

I think the problem at the moment is that Disney is testing too many bits and pieces of too many things at once. They need to test the MB's and FP+ and sort out those issues first, sort out the photopass issues they are currently experiencing first, before messing with adding them to the cards. Once they have the platform fully functional, then by all means, start testing the add-ons. But they are trying to add way too many little extras to a system that is still in testing and not fully functional as is. One thing at a time Disney!
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #45
Soccer and Swim Mom
Stay at Home Mommy of 2

I just pre ordered my photopass plus today for our 11/11 - 11/17 trip. I wanted to be sure and have the $149 price in case there was a price increase with the new changes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: