Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #16
GrimGrinningGhost25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopperFan View Post
1) 6) Travel with disabled son, felt like it was a second form of identification on him and while he hates anything on his arm (medic id comes off immediately in room) he loved his band.
I never thought of this but you are so right! DH don't have children yet so my mind didn't go there but this could be very helpful if the kiddies wonder off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surferdave View Post
The single biggest improvement I saw was easy access to our resort room.
Yes! I am famous for standing at the door digging for a room key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellstar View Post
I'm happy to hear the other side of things
I was starting to feel a bit worried and stressed so I wanted to hear some good things about FP+ and MB. I needed some happiness and positive reviews to get me through the next two weeks of work. So close!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimandami View Post
I am looking forward to being able to try new things in the morning (we are still RD people, mostly because our kids think 7 AM is sleeping in!
DH and I like to hit the gym in the morning so it's nice for us to not have to rush. But also feel like we will have more time to see different things in the parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouseMomx2 View Post
I love that I will no longer have to fight with my teenagers who would like to sleep late. They can sleep in, DH and I can go off to the parks and we can all meet up later and use the FP+ selections we have scheduled. Priceless!
I'm seeing a theme, with commandos and RDers and even those that like to take it easy: overall it sounds like people feel it will help them with their touring schedules and plans.

"My dearest friend, if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars and sit together, now and forever. For it is plain as anyone can see we're simply meant to be" - Jack & Sally

April '90 (offsite), Oct 2006 (AS Sport), Dec 2009 (POR), Sept 2010 (PC), May 2011 (BLT), Feb 2012 (BW), June 2012 (SSR), Jan 2013 - Our Wedding~Simply meant to be~(BWV), Nov 2013 (BC)
GrimGrinningGhost25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #17
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Looking forward to:

1) Not having to figure out who has their room key most accessible
2) Then trying to access said accessible room key
3) Not having to fumble through all my stuff to get out everyone's ticket, hand out tickets, collect all tickets back, and get them put away in proper place so I don't lose them, all while trying to keep up with the rest of the family, all while making sure I didn't drop something on the floor.
4) GETTING TO RIDE TSM!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!
5) Being able to pay with ease

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #18
GrimGrinningGhost25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
i don't know if food and wine with the band was a good or bad thing though! lol we ended up spending over 200 between my wife and i the first night we went. so much good food this year!
We learned how easy it is to rack up a bill when we were on the Fantasy! We did agree that we would probably want to be checking our balance from time to time.

"My dearest friend, if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars and sit together, now and forever. For it is plain as anyone can see we're simply meant to be" - Jack & Sally

April '90 (offsite), Oct 2006 (AS Sport), Dec 2009 (POR), Sept 2010 (PC), May 2011 (BLT), Feb 2012 (BW), June 2012 (SSR), Jan 2013 - Our Wedding~Simply meant to be~(BWV), Nov 2013 (BC)
Old 10-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #19
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

Honestly, it seems like it is going to be a boon for us everywhere except for Magic Kingdom. We tend to travel during the off-season when it isn't particularly crowded, and this will effectively eliminate the need to be at the park early to ride Toy Story or Soarin, and will make getting the important attractions in at DAK a breeze.

We have a trip coming up, and because of FP+, we're able to go to DAK one morning, see what we'd like to see before the crowds arrive, and then head over the DHS to ride TSM, ToT and Star Tours with little wait. Before FP+, starting in the afternoon at DHS pretty much meant that you'd have to wait in an obnoxious line to ride TSM, since all the FPs would be gone. It similarly allows for easily riding Soarin' in the evening, which is great -- we often spend the morning at a park and then head over to EPCOT for dinner, and the ability to hit the headliners once we get there is pretty awesome

MK is the one area where I feel like I'd be better off with legacy FP because I'd naturally use way more than 3 over the course of a day, but that's something I can deal with given the benefits at the other parks...

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: BLT (Jan 2015)
DLR (July 2014) - DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:33 PM   #20
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
i don't know if food and wine with the band was a good or bad thing though! lol we ended up spending over 200 between my wife and i the first night we went. so much good food this year!

jimi
This is one of the main pluses for Disney. You will spend much more than usual if not pulling out a key or credit card.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #21
Nancy F
DIS Veteran

We NEVER do RD. So it's going to be a pleasure not having to run like maniacs to get a FP for Soarin' and TSM. LOL
Nancy
PS... Thank God for Preview. I almost posted Sourin'. LOL
Old 10-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #22
dkellumw
Mouseketeer

What I like about it is next month when we drive into WDW mid afternoon and get over to Epcot between 3 - 5 we will already have our FP for MS, Test Track, and Soarin'.
DVC Member VWL - 11/01
AKV - 03/11
BCV - 05/03, 03/13
OKW - 05/05, 08/07, 11/13
SSR - 09/04
VWL - 11/02, 06/09, 06/10
dkellumw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:57 PM   #23
GrimGrinningGhost25
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopperFan View Post
This is one of the main pluses for Disney. You will spend much more than usual if not pulling out a key or credit card.
We don't usually link charging to our room cards at all so we will just need to keep an eye on it.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #24
GrimGrinningGhost25
Mouseketeer

Anyone have any DP experience with it? We aren't doing a DP this time but I'm curious.

Last edited by GrimGrinningGhost25; 10-21-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #25
ppjluvsdvc
Mouseketeer

We will be there in February and I am kind of looking forward to this. My son and I usually get there at rope drop or soon there after. Now my son is 18 and doesn't like to get up too early anymore even at Disney. This will give us the opportunity to take it a little bit easier in the mornings. Also my husband does not do rope drop. In the past we had to wait for him to get there in order to get fast passes for the rides we wanted to do together without waiting in the standby line. This will be a big plus for him.

There are two things that I do not like so far but maybe it will change when they roll out the full system. 1. The one park only especially if they completely get rid of the old FP system. It kind of defeats Park Hoppers. and 2. With the paper FP if my husband decided not to ride when it came time, we could take his FP and have someone ride again if they wanted to. Now they are not transferable right (unless you took their MB)?

The other question that I have been thinking about is how is this going to effect tour groups? What are they doing about that? My son will be going with his school in may and it will be interesting to see what they do for them? I cann't imagine that high school students will take the time to plan their days but my son is a WDW Vet and will be upset if he can not get fast passes or something. We will have to wait and see how that will work.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #26
nansmama
DIS Veteran

We used it in October and also have a trip coming up in November. Things we like:

Magical Express was easy peasy. Just scan the band and walk on through. No need to use the paper voucher.

Didn't have to carry our KTTW cards around the park.

Much more convenient for charging. Do not have to dig a card out. I also like that it takes a PIN now to charge.

Easier to open room door.

FP+ is a huge bonus for us as we can plan our FPs late in the day/evening. We are allergic to morning so there were certain rides we would just skip rather than wait in a long line (not a big deal to us as we aren't overly picky about riding every single thing in the park). Now we'll get to ride them on our own schedule. Looking forward to riding TSMM and RnRC for the first time next month.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #27
shellstar
Mischeif Managed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent Dragon View Post
Didn't even think about going to google. Thank you <3
Old 10-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #28
jimandami
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=ppjluvsdvc;49886618]We will be there in February and I am kind of looking forward to this. My son and I usually get there at rope drop or soon there after. Now my son is 18 and doesn't like to get up too early anymore even at Disney. This will give us the opportunity to take it a little bit easier in the mornings. Also my husband does not do rope drop. In the past we had to wait for him to get there in order to get fast passes for the rides we wanted to do together without waiting in the standby line. This will be a big plus for him.

There are two things that I do not like so far but maybe it will change when they roll out the full system. 1. The one park only especially if they completely get rid of the old FP system. It kind of defeats Park Hoppers. and 2. With the paper FP if my husband decided not to ride when it came time, we could take his FP and have someone ride again if they wanted to. Now they are not transferable right (unless you took their MB)?

We plan to just use one and others MB if someone doesn't feel like riding. With DD4, she only rode 3 rides on our last 8 day trip so chances are, we will be carrying her band around a lot!
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #29
GrimGrinningGhost25
Mouseketeer

Oh yay!! I'm glad there are positive reviews and feelings about these.

For me, like I am sure many of you, Disney is a happy place and I always have a blast when I go. I was getting a little discouraged from the reviews and reactions I was reading.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #30
GrimGrinningGhost25
Mouseketeer

Has everyone given up already? I was hoping there were more people that liked FP+ and MB. 😛

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: