Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
stitch34
DIS Veteran

Is there a FP+ sticky, tutorial? :)

Have questions, can't find all the answers, and trying to wrap my head around it all.

I have 4-day base tickets for the kids... I just did FP+ on them. But, when get to park we are using those tickets to renew their APs. Will we lose our FP+ selections?

Also, how many FP+ can you do per day... and can you do for more than one park?

Can other members of our family use each other's FP+? Meaning.... I have a son and I who won't ride certain rides, but the other 2 in our family will. Yet, online it issues us FP+ for all 4 of us - only 2 will be riding. So what about the 2 unused one? Can my girls go back on the ride wearing the magicbands with FP+ on them that we didn't use?

Can we still get FP the regular old fashioned way when in the parks, even if already have FP+ selections?

And while at it.. Magicbands.... do we use the same magic bands for future trips, or new every trip? we're doing a split stay... looks like getting 2 sets of them?

Thanks, if anyone can help... or steer me towards a sticky. Looked, can't find.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch34 View Post
1- Is there a FP+ sticky, tutorial?

Have questions, can't find all the answers, and trying to wrap my head around it all.

I have 4-day base tickets for the kids... I just did FP+ on them. But, when get to park we are using those tickets to renew their APs.

2- Will we lose our FP+ selections?

Also,

3- how many FP+ can you do per day... and

4- can you do for more than one park?

Can other members of our family use each other's FP+? Meaning.... I have a son and I who won't ride certain rides, but the other 2 in our family will. Yet, online it issues us FP+ for all 4 of us - only 2 will be riding. So what about the 2 unused one?
5- Can my girls go back on the ride wearing the magicbands with FP+ on them that we didn't use?

6- Can we still get FP the regular old fashioned way when in the parks, even if already have FP+ selections?

And while at it..
Magicbands....

7- do we use the same magic bands for future trips,

8- or new every trip?

9- we're doing a split stay... looks like getting 2 sets of them?
1- We don't have enough facts to know what the answers to these questions will ultimately be...
AFTER the testing is complete. I'm thinking a Sticky will appear after we do know more.

2- That's not supposed to happen. (But, with anything like this, mistakes can happen.)
Several firsthand reports are that FP+ reservations ARE staying put even after ticket upgrades.

3- 3 (sometimes, rarely, 4)

4- Nope.

5- Yes.

6- At this time, yes. We don't know on what date that will be changing, however.

7- They are designed (with internal batteries) to last up to 3 years.

8- Maybe.

9- At this time, yes.

Last edited by Robo; 10-21-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
andyman8
DIS Veteran

I've started he following thread for that purpose. While the OP won't answer all your questions, you can post and ask them in that thread.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3177863

Hope this helps!

Walt Disney World Resort

March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop, AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort
October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)
Disneyland Resort
August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)
Upcoming
Walt Disney World June 2014 (GF for 5 Nights/5 Days)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
stitch34
DIS Veteran

Thanks!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: