Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #16
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Watch tv, check email, etc. We never turned the lights off so they could go to sleep, just turned them down. We didn't stick to the early bedtimes though.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #17
whatisgoofy?
Mouseketeer

We were usually asleep shortly after the kids...but we stumbled on an in-room TV channel that was all old Disney cartoon shorts (lots of Mickey, Donald, and Goofy), that was really enjoyed watching.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #18
scdak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut8 View Post
I actually find this thread amusing because what did we do without all the toys? We had regular TV and that was it. Or *gasp* board games with moving pieces and no electronics. And before I get painted into an antique room, I'm only 51 years old.

I'd think about what to do if the satellite dish (or cable) went out at home. That's putting it on today's terms. Of course, we could get a game on our phones.....
Just a couple of years older than you and I remember the "good ole days" too I just broke down and bought a Kindle 3 months ago, a laptop 2 years ago, IPOD (gift) 4 years ago...........and what do I do in a hotel room, read a real book and fall asleep I spent 11 days at Disney a year ago and we joked that we didnt even know that there was a TV in the room - trust me there was, a large flat screen TV on the dresser at POFQ but I think we turned it on once to check the weather ?

But to the OP - if you decide to take your laptop/DVD's I have found that its easier to travel with the DVD's out of their cases, I put them in a CD binder, I have a few with just 10 sleeves in them from my old CD's and they work great.
POR Jan 2012
POFQ Oct/Nov 2012
WL / POFQ Fall 2014 - maybe sooner
SOONER IT IS - March 30-April 5 - offsite with family
scdak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #19
MinnieKitty
Mouseketeer

On one of our previous trips, DH figured out that we could hook up our video game systems to the TV in our room. So, this past trip we stayed up and played PlayStation 3 after DD fell asleep. Although, we didn't last too long because we are always exhausted from spending the entire day at the parks! Some days I just check my email and upload some of my favorite pictures we took that day, and then hit the hay!
Old 10-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #20
jaceraden
DIS Veteran

When we stayed at ASSp, we read and watched TV. When we were at the Beach Club, we were spoiled. Hubby and I took turns walking to EPCOT to watch Illuminations. At POP this year, I will be doing laundry or going to bed too!!
Old 10-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #21
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

I often go to either Epcot or MK by myself (if one is open late) while my husband stays with the kids and watches NetFlix on the ipad.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #22
POROct2013
Mouseketeer

Thank you for all of your replies. I did feel really odd even posting this question because I don't really care that much for TV/DVDs and could easily go a week without it. It was DH that I was more concerned about. Oddly enough, I spoke with him about it tonight and he said he didn't care and it would be nice to go a week without watching TV so we'll leave the laptop at home. We'll bring a deck of cards, a few smaller travel size games and enjoy a drink together TV free!

As for the kids' bedtime. There are 2 nights for sure that we won't be back at the resort until 10-11pm but we want to get them into bed by about 8-9 on the other nights. They can easily do 8-9pm but 6 nights in a row may be stretching it and we know our kids - they do better on more sleep, especially seeing as we'll be getting up early everyday.

Thanks again!
POROct2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #23
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

We used to quietly watch TV, read or in my husband's case - he would be on his laptop.

Or else one of us would go wander the resort, get a drink at the pool bar -sometimes I would go to DTD by myself which I loved doing.

We would often fall asleep early. The kids would be up early anyways so I wanted to get enough sleep.

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 8 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR, WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (5) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #24
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

My kids are 7 and 3 as soon as we get back to the room showers and bed. They are out in minutes. At home their bedtimes are 8:30 when we are in Disney they have no bedtime. My little guy is a great traveler he knocks out in his stroller when he needs to so we just keep going until me and my husband can't anymore.

By the time we hit the room he are tired and go to bed lol. Can't wait to do it again! Lol

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
pamkat1820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #25
librarymom2007
Mouseketeer

My husband watches TV and I play on the iPad or read. Honestly we are usually so exhausted we aren't awake much long after my daughter!
librarymom2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #26
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

We are usually out pretty late, come back and are in bed shortly after the kiddos. We do sometimes stay up with "i-devices" but we're pretty tired too!

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: