Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
one princess
Mouseketeer

Western with short port times

Has anyone done the Western on the Fantasy with the short port times in GC and Costa Maya? We are doing this in April. I don't know if there have been any of these trips yet.
Just wondering what is possible to do from 11:30-4:45 in GC. I can't imagine much, with tendering. We don't like to do ship excursions.
Also, Costa Maya is 1-5:30. I am fine with just going to town and having lunch and hanging out here but the people we are traveling with want to go to Chacchoben. Is this possible to do this with Native Choice? I don't even know if DCL will offer it as an excursion.
Thanks.
one princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
HiYaPal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by one princess View Post
Has anyone done the Western on the Fantasy with the short port times in GC and Costa Maya? We are doing this in April. I don't know if there have been any of these trips yet.
Just wondering what is possible to do from 11:30-4:45 in GC. I can't imagine much, with tendering. We don't like to do ship excursions.
Also, Costa Maya is 1-5:30. I am fine with just going to town and having lunch and hanging out here but the people we are traveling with want to go to Chacchoben. Is this possible to do this with Native Choice? I don't even know if DCL will offer it as an excursion.
Thanks.
We are doing Disney Fantasy in January and excursions opened for booking today and I saw excursions to Chacchoben.

HiYaPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
Sailorgirl32489
Earning My Ears

DH and I just got off the Western itinerary on the Fantasy yesterday. Our biggest complaint about the cruise was the short amount of time in the ports..... but with that being said, we still had a fabulous time on the cruise.

We did however book all of our excursions through DCL as a result of the short port times. We almost missed the ship on our honeymoon (Carnival cruise) last year in St. Lucia after scuba diving, so we wanted to play it safe on this trip.

We did a two tank dive and the tendering in GC was actually really smooth and quick (approx 10 mins). After sailing here previously with Carnival, I was expecting a nightmare with the tendering process.

In Costa Maya we did the Adults Only Chacchoben ruins excursion through DCL. Really, the only part that was adults only was the bus ride to and from.... but the ride is an hour long each way if that makes a difference.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: