Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #1
Mommymarie
Mouseketeer

Are there better or worse Arusha view rooms?

We splurged during Free Dining and decided to upgrade to an Arusha View room at AKL. I have always wanted to stay there, but it was too pricey for my budget.....needless to say we are so excited for our trip in December! I was just wondering if there are better or worse Arusha view rooms? Should I request something specific? I want to be able to sit on my balcony and see animals...I do not want to walk into the room and be disappointed especially considering how expensive the upgrade was! Any advice would be much appreciated!
Mommymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
iheartgoofy
Earning My Ears

I think you'll be pleased with ANY savanna view room. Once upon a time there were some rooms that were considered savanna view... but the views weren't that great. They subsequently were downgraded and are now considered to be standard view. (I stayed in one last year... I was thrilled to have a view of animals for a standard price... even though it wasn't the 'prettiest' view.)

Anyway, from ALL the research I've done it sure sounds like they make sure all the savanna views are great! I will say that it can be a VERY long walk to the rooms that are farther away. If that would be an issue, you might consider requesting a room closest to an elevator.

I too splurged (also because of free dining!) and we are paying for a savanna view when we go in October! I've stayed twice before (standard views) and we just love it. The location is a little sucky being farther away from the parks... and I do wish there was alternative transportation like at the other deluxes. Those buses get old after awhile. But that being said, we still pick AKL over any other resort because of the animals and theming. It's just breathtaking, isn't it??
iheartgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
jaykorf001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommymarie View Post
We splurged during Free Dining and decided to upgrade to an Arusha View room at AKL. I have always wanted to stay there, but it was too pricey for my budget.....needless to say we are so excited for our trip in December! I was just wondering if there are better or worse Arusha view rooms? Should I request something specific? I want to be able to sit on my balcony and see animals...I do not want to walk into the room and be disappointed especially considering how expensive the upgrade was! Any advice would be much appreciated!
I just want to mention, in case you don't know, that if you book club level you'll get an Arusha view and the club level perks -- including the ability to book the Sunrise Safari. You might check the price difference.
jaykorf001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #4
Dannek
So many roads to ease my soul...

For the purposes of the Arusha Savannah, think of the Jambo house as being in the shape of a "U".

With an Arusha Savannah view, you will be on the inside of the "U". The lobby would be at the bottom, and your room could be on either side going "up". Any room will be on the inside of the "U", and will have a great view. The only consideration may be the floor that you want to be on. The third floor is the floor the lobby is on, so that is a nice floor as you don't have to deal with elevators unless you're going down to the pool, the Mara, the Gym, or the restaurants which are easily reached by stairs in the lobby.

You can ask for a floor, and if you have mobility issues, a room close to the lobby on the third floor. That's about all you need to consider imo.
Dannek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #5
Mommymarie
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the great advice!! I don't mind a walk, so I guess I will not make a request--just wait and see what room I end up with
Mommymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #6
heffalump9
DIS Veteran

In 2011 we had an Arusha view room 3371 on Kudu trail, long walk from the lobby but great animal views. Zebra's, Giraffes, Roan antelope and red river hogs outside of the room most of the time, even good in the evening, we have night vision on camera which was fun since they spread grain on the savanna one night and we saw lots of animals.
04/2002 AKL
03/2003 AKL
03/2004 POR
04/2005 AKL
11/2011 AKL
11/2013 AKL
heffalump9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #7
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommymarie View Post
I say do not go too high (floors) Level 2 was fantastic.

October 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon)
May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort
December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs
April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel)
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #8
Haley
DIS Veteran

I like to request a 3rd floor to not have to mess with the elevators but other than that- any room you get will be nice.
Disney Trips: Ft Wilderness '83, Ft. Wilderness '91, ASM July'96, Boardwalk/DCL Magic July '98, CBR/DCL Wonder '00, DCL Magic '03, CBR July '04, CBR May '05, AKL Oct '05, Poly Dec '06, DCL Wonder '06, Beach Club May '07, DCL Wonder '07, Pop/AKL Oct '08 Engaged, Ft. Wild. May 09, Poly Oct 09 Honeymoon!, DCL Magic Nov '09, Pop Oct '10, AoA/BCV Oct '12, Pop Century Dec '13!
Haley is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: