Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #31
FLkid
Mouseketeer

I am an AP holder, I uses the FL discount because it was the same. I would love to have been able to do a dining plan but from what I'm reading that's not possible with just a hotel reservation?

I need to call back and see if it can just be added to my package, the CM I talked to told me to call them to make sure I will be in the same room and not transferred as if it were a brand new reservation
FLkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #32
kmb584
DIS Veteran

I'd personally feel safe at any of the WDW resorts but because of POP's large size, I'd feel more comfortable at POFQ, and even more so in a deluxe resort that offers interior hallways.

You can't put a price on safety and the price difference between POP and POFQ is just a couple hundred dollars; I'd book POFQ. It's such a quaint resort and everything is within a 5 minute walking distance.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #33
meredith1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post
Any chance you could afford AKL or WL? I like the fact that everything is in one building at those resorts. No need to be walking out alone at night to get to your room.
I was thinking the exact same thing. WL was the first resort that popped in my mind.

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
meredith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:15 PM   #34
sndral
DIS Veteran

AP package bookings allow you to book dinning w/out buying park tickets - you pay for the dinning. I stayed @ POFQ, not solo, but did wander about a bit after dark solo. We were in bldg. 7, I think, it was the bldg. which is closest to POR, it seemed a bit dark and deserted at night out there - so I'd ask to be near the lobby/pool.
Love that long beautiful cruise from POR/POFQ to DTD and have done it after dark solo and felt perfectly @ ease (of course you can see more in daylight.) Have a great visit.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:46 AM   #35
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

My husband is not the Disney nut that I am, so will usually only go down there with me once or maybe twice a year, so as an AP holder I usually make at least one or two solo trips a year. I've stayed at Pop, AS Sports, AS Music, CSR, CBR, POFQ, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, and AKL solo. Last month I stayed solo at Wyndham Bonnet Creek resort in a one bedroom condo. I have never felt unsafe in any of them. Last May I stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek with family and fell in love with it, so most of my solo trips will now probably be at Wyndham Bonnet Creek (going through a third party, you can get a fully equipped one bedroom condo for the same price as a Value resort). However, if I was going to stay solo in a WDW owned resort, I'd go with POFQ or CSR. Those two were always my favorites when I was solo, although I did enjoy the studio at Boardwalk that I rented points for a few years ago. It came out to about the same price as a moderate and the location couldn't be beat.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #36
FLkid
Mouseketeer

*face palm* sometimes I don't know how I live with myself.

Changed my plans AGAIN.

After looking at the price of the extra night at PORFQ and then my mother telling me she would come up for a day and a half and do a couple parks (she has a training to do that WED)
I decided POP would work out better for my budget. So I called the lovely CM hotline and changed my reservations and saved a lot of dough.

THEN my boss lets me know today we made bonus and I would be getting some extra money the end of November... I seriously considered changing my reservations back but I think I'm going to give pop a try and have some more spending money on hand. I talked to a CM at our local Disney Character Warehouse and she told me she has stayed at both and finds POP to suit her budget while taking a solo trip.

I then purchased a baggelini messenger bag for my solo adventure! (Typically my brother carries the backpack, now I'll be the responsible adult)

Super excited for this trip!
FLkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #37
JennyDrake
Darkwing Duck's Biggest Fan

I've been solo at every value resort and have never had any safety concerns--at all.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #38
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLkid View Post
Thanks everyone!

Well it turns out the reason I could not book the third night is because it's not apart of Port Orleans FL discount... Or something. The CM I talked to explained that the third night would have to be booked at full price so that is my plan. I'm just hoping there is still a night open when I get paid Friday so I can get the third night booked. I don't even really know how I ended up with a garden view room in the first place but that's cool!

I think I will book pop for my next trip, but this time I'm pampering myself a little. Honestly the ferry to DTD was what really sold me. Only because I've seen it so many times at DTD and always thought "how cool! I would love to stay at a hotel that offers that!"

I "may" have family coming up for a day, but ill be solo'ing it for most of the trip it looks like. I'm getting excited!
I'm not sure if you booked POFQ or POR, but either is wonderful. POFQ is smaller. We also love the mansion section of POR. Is discount unavailable at both resorts?
Enjoy your stay. Beautiful resorts! Love walking along the river paths.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: