Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #2266
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran
 
BwoZoo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nevada
Posts: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppiew View Post
please help me out here. I have a 'Kitchen Memories" for Friday Oct 25 (next wk) and I can't for the life of me find my ressie #. GS says they are 'different' from regular dining ressies but I am afraid of being turned away at the door. I think it begins at 10AM is that right?
Don't worry if you can't find your resv #. Just check in at the podium in the Festival Center (bottom of the ramp, inside). They should have your name. Be sure to get there before the start time, the line for check in can be a bit long sometimes!
__________________


BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #2267
conandrob240
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,324

I am confused. It is Night Ranger for PFTS tonight, not 38 Special.
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #2268
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
I am confused. It is Night Ranger for PFTS tonight, not 38 Special.
.....and I happen to know where 38 Special is tonight! They're playing a free concert in Buford, GA!
__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #2269
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran
 
BwoZoo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nevada
Posts: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppiew View Post
please help me out here. I have a 'Kitchen Memories" for Friday Oct 25 (next wk) and I can't for the life of me find my ressie #. GS says they are 'different' from regular dining ressies but I am afraid of being turned away at the door. I think it begins at 10AM is that right?
... and yes, they run from 10 to 12. Like I mentioned above, get there early for check in. Your event is sold out! Sounds like it will be a great time!
__________________


BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #2270
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran
 
ashleyrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: newark, de usa
Posts: 878

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
I am confused. It is Night Ranger for PFTS tonight, not 38 Special.
Night Ranger is tonight. 38 Special is next Saturday.
__________________
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse; Jul 14 - CSR; Oct '14 POFQ/CSR
ashleyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #2271
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,773

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwloverz
Feeling pretty discouraged about our 1st food & wine experience now. Two of the 4 times we plan on going are fridays.. I was terribly excited but now I am just worried.
We enjoy food and wine on Fridays. We don't find it to be a 'problem'.
__________________




TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #2272
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran
 
BwoZoo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nevada
Posts: 675

It may just be a personal crowd level interpretation, but in 12 years of attending the F&W, there has only been one day the crowds were annoying to the point of wanting to leave. I don't remember if it was a different time of year then we usually visit, which is end of October/beginning of November, but it's usually manageable for us. We try to stay busy with things other than F&W WS booths on Saturday though.
__________________


BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #2273
disneynme
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
It may just be a personal crowd level interpretation, but in 12 years of attending the F&W, there has only been one day the crowds were annoying to the point of wanting to leave. I don't remember if it was a different time of year then we usually visit, which is end of October/beginning of November, but it's usually manageable for us. We try to stay busy with things other than F&W WS booths on Saturday though.
We were there last Saturday to go to PFTS. It was about 6pm and I wanted a Cosmo slush from France. There were easily 100+ people in line and we could barely walk through to get to the other drink stand in France. It was like a big drinking party. I can't even fully describe it. We will never do F&W on a Saturday. Luckily it was all back to normal when we went on Sunday. Not a single drinking team that day.
__________________
disneynme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #2274
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran
 
BwoZoo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nevada
Posts: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynme View Post
We were there last Saturday to go to PFTS. It was about 6pm and I wanted a Cosmo slush from France. There were easily 100+ people in line and we could barely walk through to get to the other drink stand in France. It was like a big drinking party. I can't even fully describe it. We will never do F&W on a Saturday. Luckily it was all back to normal when we went on Sunday. Not a single drinking team that day.
Yeah, the only reason we include Saturdays is because we have tickets for PftS. This year, our Saturday includes cheese and wine, French Grand Marnier, and PftS. So we will be busy with ticketed events or FW rides. Trying to stay out of the crowds!
__________________


BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #2275
luckyfinfarmer
Earning My Ears
 
luckyfinfarmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Walworth NY
Posts: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoZoo22 View Post
Check in at the World Showplace before the show and they will give you your wristbands. I believe others have confirmed it is the 5:30 show.
. Where at the World Showplace do you check in to get a wrist band before the concert? And starting at what time do you need to do that to get seated at the concert?

And didn't mean to confuse anyone about 38 special- I meant this coming weekend!
luckyfinfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #2276
conandrob240
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,324

Thoroughly enjoyed PFTS last night. Great food ( especially butter poached lobster, waygu beef, braised lamb). Much better variety in wine selections than last week. Didn't seem as crowded. Still annoying people commanding an entire table, trying to hog hi-tops but all-in-all, we had a great time this week after a disappointing party last week.
conandrob240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 12:13 PM   #2277
west&east
DIS Veteran
 
west&east's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 952

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed PFTS last night. Great food ( especially butter poached lobster, waygu beef, braised lamb). Much better variety in wine selections than last week. Didn't seem as crowded. Still annoying people commanding an entire table, trying to hog hi-tops but all-in-all, we had a great time this week after a disappointing party last week.
Glad to hear it! We will be there on the 26th!
__________________
Karen in Charlotte, NC

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014; Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!!

Next Up: WDW January 2015, Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015; Disney Dream Double Dip June 26, 2015
west&east is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #2278
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran
 
ashleyrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: newark, de usa
Posts: 878

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed PFTS last night. Great food ( especially butter poached lobster, waygu beef, braised lamb). Much better variety in wine selections than last week. Didn't seem as crowded. Still annoying people commanding an entire table, trying to hog hi-tops but all-in-all, we had a great time this week after a disappointing party last week.
Glad to hear that you enjoyed last night's party. Here's hoping next Saturday's is good as well.
__________________
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse; Jul 14 - CSR; Oct '14 POFQ/CSR
ashleyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #2279
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran
 
BwoZoo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nevada
Posts: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by conandrob240 View Post
Thoroughly enjoyed PFTS last night. Great food ( especially butter poached lobster, waygu beef, braised lamb). Much better variety in wine selections than last week. Didn't seem as crowded. Still annoying people commanding an entire table, trying to hog hi-tops but all-in-all, we had a great time this week after a disappointing party last week.
That's really good news, glad you had a good time! It's too bad such an expensive event can be hit or miss. Can't wait for our Nov 2 partly!
__________________


BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #2280
BwoZoo22
DIS Veteran
 
BwoZoo22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Nevada
Posts: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyfinfarmer View Post
. Where at the World Showplace do you check in to get a wrist band before the concert? And starting at what time do you need to do that to get seated at the concert?

And didn't mean to confuse anyone about 38 special- I meant this coming weekend!
If you walk up to the front entrance, just past the Kilt Lifters stage, you should see a podium. Not sure how early it's manned. We've never sat to listen to a concert.
__________________


BwoZoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: