Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #16
hotveggy
Disney Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoke View Post
Thanks for the responses-
I have heard/read that in a value, you can hear all of the neighbors noise...? We are an early to bed, early to rise family and I'm a little worried about large group noise etc. at values.
We have stayed at all the values... Most recently all star sports. I could actually hear the person in another room using the bathroom facilities (don't want to be too graphic)... Also heard toilets flushing often. Woke my sleeping 4 year old! Had we been there longer than 3 nights, I would have complained and asked to be moved. We had a corner room, first floor. I think location makes a difference as others have said...

1984- off site,1991- off site,1998- off site,1999- visiting friend on CP,2001- off site with college roomie
2002- ASMo (first trip with DH),2003- ASMo,5/2005- POR/Disney Wonder (Honeymoon),12/2005- POP
2007- SSR,2008- ASMo (Grand Gathering)
hotveggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #17
dminnie
DIS Veteran

I think CSR has triple sheeting. I thought the beds there were comfortable.
dminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #18
pinoke
Mouseketeer

We just returned from a split stay and one of our resorts was WLV and we had a room overlooking that wooden walkway!
It's great to hear all of the responses. I would love to have a good sleeping resort in each price category
We always bring a sound machine, but even with that were wakened every night we stayed at BWV around 10-11 (yelling, running kids in the hallway and not-so-considerate parents yelling at them to slow down and be quiet), I'm guessing after an influx of people seeing Illuminations or Fantasmic...Makes sense that someplace further from a park might have staggered late night people...
Swan/Dolphin beds sound amazing!
We didn't have a problem with the actual BED at AK, but when there is a comforter that hasn't been washed between guests we always take it off- and prefer the weight of a blanket/comforter when sleeping....
Does anybody know which resorts have triple-sheeting?
pinoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #19
ThreeRingCircus
Earning My Ears

We are staying At BWV in three weeks. I was shocked that the pictures showed older looking bedspreads and not triple sheeting.
ThreeRingCircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #20
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeRingCircus View Post
We are staying At BWV in three weeks. I was shocked that the pictures showed older looking bedspreads and not triple sheeting.
I'm pretty sure all of the DVC WDW properties (except BLT) still have the old school bedpreads (yuck).

CSR is a good lower cost option (triple sheeting, no bedspreads).
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #21
mrsclark
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoreds View Post

I'm pretty sure all of the DVC WDW properties (except BLT) still have the old school bedpreads (yuck).

CSR is a good lower cost option (triple sheeting, no bedspreads).
We were at BCV in early September. They did not have bedspreads. They were triple-sheeted.

2013 - BCV (MNSSHP too!) plus Loews RP at US/IOA
2013 - Disney Magic Cruise - one day port adventure at WDW
2012 - BC (MNSSHP & Epcot F&W too!)
2011 - BCV (MNSSHP too!)
2009 - AKL (MNSSHP & Epcot F&W too!) plus Loews RP at US/IOA
2007 -Honeymoon at AKL (MNSSHP & Epcot F& W too!)

2005 - All Star Music - college spring break with my mom!
1995 - Dixie Landings/ 1993 - All Star Sports/ 1992 and Earlier - 3-4+ Offsite trips - for an exact count ask my mom!
mrsclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #22
sgauta
Earning My Ears

Since I only live an hour away and we go often for quick 1-2 night trips, I've stayed in all of the Values a lot. Recently we've being staying in the mod's and I'll never go back...plumbing noise in the values is always AWFUL. I am a light sleeper so the toilets flushing all night was too much for me! Other noise there as well, and late at night...people running past the rooms, doors slamming. Maybe we just always had bad luck with our location, but I agree that the pace in the Values is somewhat frenetic. Just returned from a stay at CBR and was worried about sleep since I was doing the Tower of Terror 10-Mile race and needed rest...I slept wonderfully at CBR and it was very quiet where we were. No plumbing noise at all, no yucky comforters.
sgauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #23
Belle83
DIS Veteran

Swan/Dolphin. So comfortable!!
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: