Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
kim_o
Mouseketeer

Need Help Deciding on Resort

I am going to WDW from April 4 - 12. I have been to WDW lots of times but have never stayed on property. We usually stay at the Marriott World Center in a 2 bdrm villa on Marriott points, so it's been hard to convince my husband of spending money on a hotel room. So, this may be the only time I get to experience a stay on property.

The players: Me & MIL, and 4 kids, ages 8, 6, 4, and 2.

I currently have a Cars suite booked at AOA for 376/night. Mainly because its a larger hotel option without completely breaking the bank. I know the kids will love all of the theming. We also have APs, so we will most likely drive to the parks, so the bus service isn't really an issue. Plus, we are not used to staying in small rooms.

The more I think about it, I wonder if I should stay there though. I am really drawn to the YC/BC because of the pool. (I intend to use the pool a bunch and the older kids will love the water slide and all of that.) I also like the walking distance to Epcot and HS, not to mention how amazing the resort looks. Room there will be 425/night.

I also flirt with the idea of adjoining rooms at the CBR, which would be 360/night.

Thoughts? Recommendations? Other resorts I should look at?

How tight is 6 people in one room going to be? Should I just stay at AOA?

While I don't strictly have a limited budget, I doubt I can spend much more than that without DH having a fit. Though, I'm open to doing a little creative financing if it's worth it.

Last edited by kim_o; 10-18-2013 at 08:15 PM.
kim_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
DVC Dude
Disney World Rocks!

I personally think BC/YC are FAR superior to AOA in location, pool, rooms, etc. But they may not allow 6 people in one room.
DVC Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

I think bc/yc max out at 5 and since they have one under 3 I think it's fine by disney. Seems like it would be really tight though. What about one of the monorail resorts? The rooms are bigger and since the kids are young I think it's doable. Otherwise I would consider the two rooms at a moderate.

2015March- 6 days AKV-CL spring break 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL July: 4 days boardwalk villas/CR TPV CL June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
sgauta
Earning My Ears

Just returned from a short stay at CBR in adjoining rooms...loved it. There were 4 adults and 2 kids, ages 12 and 9. When my kids were just a bit younger they could spend ALL DAY at the CBR pool, there are a couple of slides and a special area for smaller children. I have not stayed at AOA yet but my 12 year-old has with a friend...of course she raved about it but it was something new. Walking distance to Epcot/HS is definitely a plus at BC/YC, but as pp's have said I think they max out at 5. When we're there with my party of 6 we definitely like the adjoining rooms or one bedroom villas so there's space to 'retreat.'
sgauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #5
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

Although I love BC, I would need more space with 6 people - especially 2 bathrooms. Stick with AoA or the 2 adjoining rooms.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #6
thr33boys
Mouseketeer

Have you considered renting dvc points? You can get a 1 bedroom at OKW, AKV or BLT that will accommodate the size of your group since your youngest is 2. Depending on what you pay/point (determined by the owner), you are looking at similar prices to what you've already mentioned. AKV Kidani would also give you a second bathroom.

We rented points on our first trip last year and are doing it again in December. It's a great way to stay deluxe at an affordable price. It is riskier so you need to read up on it to see if it's right for you.
Old 10-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #7
kim_o
Mouseketeer

I've read up some on the DVC point rental. I understand the risk, the trust required, and the normal steps to try and protect yourself. However, the part I'm unclear about is figuring out how many points I need to rent and then finding someone to rent from. So, I wouldn't rule the DVC rental out - I'm just not very familiar with it.

kim_o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #8
thr33boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim_o View Post
I've read up some on the DVC point rental. I understand the risk, the trust required, and the normal steps to try and protect yourself. However, the part I'm unclear about is figuring out how many points I need to rent and then finding someone to rent from. So, I wouldn't rule the DVC rental out - I'm just not very familiar with it.
Just google dvc point calculator and you'll have your pick of calculators to choose from. They'll all give you the same info. You just need to plug in your dates and it will show you how many points for that stay. You can look at the rent/trade forum for someone to rent from. The price/point is usually in the $11-13/point range. A lot of people recommend David's DVC but he changes $14/point - he gets a cut of the deal.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: