Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #16
poohs_hunny
DIS Veteran

Keep checking multiple times a day if you can. I just got a reservation for 6 people the day after Thanksgiving after just checking for a few days. It is at 2:45 which isn't ideal, but it's not a problem. We'll just have to get cupcakes at Starring Rolls for a snack.
Past trips: 7/14 - Honeymoon on the Disney Magic, 11/13 - Art of Animation, 6/13 - Caribbean Beach *Engaged!* , 6/12 - Pop Century & the Disney Fantasy, 7/11 - Coronado Springs, 7/10 - Pop Century, 7/09 - Caribbean Beach & the Disney Wonder, 8/08 - Pop Century, 10/07 Disneyland, 6/07 Caribbean Beach, 8/06 Pop Century, 8/05 Caribbean Beach, 5/04 Pop Century, 5/02 Offsite, 5/98 Offsite
poohs_hunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:57 PM   #17
Neesy228
DIS Veteran

I am having the same problem. It's making me a little bit crazy to be honest! I had to move our original ADR's around leaving me scrambling to get what we wanted. I've gotten Ohana at 6:45 for dinner on the night I wanted, Akershus for breakfast at the time/day I wanted etc etc...but I can't get Sci Fi for lunch! It's the last one I need and we're leaving in a week. Ugh. When I initially looked at my rescheduling nightmare, Sci Fi was the one I was least worried about!

Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age and dreams are forever. ~ Walt Disney

Me DH DS DS DD
Neesy228 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #18
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohs_hunny View Post
Keep checking multiple times a day if you can. I just got a reservation for 6 people the day after Thanksgiving after just checking for a few days. It is at 2:45 which isn't ideal, but it's not a problem. We'll just have to get cupcakes at Starring Rolls for a snack.
Yes, I came to think I might have a chance to book it while we're there. But we'll see what happens.

October 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon)
May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort
December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs
April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel)
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:25 PM   #19
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftin716 View Post
I realty wasn't impressed with it. It was my least favorite. Nit terrible just dint have the "Disney Magic!" It was TOO dark also. Just not what I expected. Hoping 50s Dine In is better!
Well, you are eating at a drive-in movie so I guess it would be dark.

But eating with an overbearing brother or sister or aunt or, worse! mother is much better.

All kidding aside, Sci-Fi nails the ambiance of what it's supposed to be. Burgers are great and I just lose myself in the movie reels. I grew up with drive-in movies but even if you didn't, this is as close as you can get. I take first-timers here and, so far, no one has been disappointed.

I do second keeping a lunch seating even though not typical for a drive-in movie.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #20
Jenny Sanders
DIS Veteran

I haven't eaten there in a few years, but have an upcoming reservation in March of 2014. It was decent if I remember correctly. I guess I'll be giving it another try. I did have to book it 180 days out. Keep calling and checking online. You never know when something may become available last minute...
29 trips to Disney World and counting...
DH
Me
DS (21)
DS (17)
DD (13)
DD (13)
Jenny Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:06 PM   #21
Claudia Kellenberger
DIS Veteran

The Sci-Fi is an absolute must for me, at least once per trip. It makes me remember the Drive-Ins when I was a kid. ( And I vacation solo )
Old 10-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #22
Patience
DIS Veteran

We ate there in 2011 and really enjoyed it. I had heard the food wasn't very good but we didn't find that to be the case. We will go back there on our next trip for sure!
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #23
winthropf
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyintoronto
we (two of us) have always walked up to scifi and got a table (yes in a car). last trip i made an ADR a few hours prior, and never had an issue. Mind you, its always easier for two ppl. For 3 or more its more challenging.

We love scifi. The picnic burger, wings, onion rings, shakes, and spinach dip with chips are all very tasty! My fave shake is the oreo. Oh my goodness, its simply delish. We love the cool quiet atmosphere at scifi as well.

To answer your original question, yes scifi is very popular!
Fairly popular and not very large compared to some other restaurants. Get ADR early, I often see walkups being turned away.
winthropf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #24
AstroDad
Earning My Ears

I've never eaten there and it looks from picture like not everyone gets to sit in a car. Does it depend on party size? We are a party of 5 and will be disappointed if we don't sit in a car...I mean it isn't going to ruin our vacation or anything, but you know what I mean.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #25
MrsLS
DIS Veteran

We got every trip for lunch and it is always packed. People are usually turned away. We love it for lunch (burgers & shakes) and the atmosphere is so much fun!

MrsLS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: