Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
Jenny Sanders
DIS Veteran

Be Our Guest, Is it Worth it???

I have a reservation booked for BOG for my trip in March. I would appreciate all reviews, the good, the bad and the ugly...
Me
DH
DS
DS
DD
DD
Jenny Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:27 PM   #2
rangerxenos
Mouseketeer

We ate there last year during a 'soft' opening in November. The food was just good, not great, IMHO, but the atmosphere was amazing! We were three adults and three teens.
rangerxenos is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
Jenny Sanders
DIS Veteran

I'm very excited to go inside the Beast's castle!
Me
DH
DS
DS
DD
DD
Jenny Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #4
kastoney
Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

While eating in the castle was great and drinking in MK felt rather dubious, the food really wasn't up to par and we found the options minimal.
kastoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #5
Eastern
DIS Veteran

My expectations are that the food will be 'just ok' (most people seem to like the cupcakes though) so we are going mainly for the atmosphere.
Eastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #6
jennylyn_b
Disney Fan for Life :)

We loved our dinner in May. Everything was excellent. Looking forward to another dinner and a lunch in nov!
jennylyn_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #7
vanillarum
DIS Veteran

We were there in Aug for dinner (6 PM) on a Thursday night (me, DW and DD, 16). I had the steak, and it was absolutely perfect - good size, great flavor, and cooked perfectly. I don't recall what the women ate, but there were no complaints. Desserts were very good. Our waitress castmember encouraged us to tour the restaurant before and after our meal. It really is quite beautiful. Like I said, our ADRs were for 6 PM, and we waited maybe 5 minutes to be seated. We ate lunch here on Saturday, as our DS (21) flew in late Friday night to join us for the weekend. He did the Disney CP intership program a year ago, and 2 of his friends, who are currently CMs, joined us for lunch. So there were 6 of us. We lined up around 11:30, and maybe waited 20 minutes or so to get inside. There was ice cold water with lemons for people waiting in line. Umbrellas, too, for sun protection. It was the first time any of our CM party had been inside, and they loved it (1 male, 1 female). The only draw back we found to the entire thing was that the restrooms are woefully small for a restaurant of this size. Clean, but tiny. Overall, it was great, and we will e back. Good luck and enjoy.
AUG '07 POLYNESIAN
DEC '11 POLYNESIAN
JAN "12 AS MOVIES
AUG '13 AS MOVIES

vanillarum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 01:26 AM   #8
JeannieKY
Tink fan

Loved dinner there so much in July with DD16, that DH and I are eating there for our anniversary dinner in January! I had the chicken and it was excellent. DD had the steak and ate it all. The fries and cupcakes were very tasty. They absolutely will not let you check in until 15 minutes prior to your ADR. First time I ran into that at Disney.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:15 AM   #9
smcabee
Boomer Sooner

I will give you my opinion on Nov 11th. Got a ressie there for the 10th.
smcabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #10
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

I keep reading everywhere that lunch is better than dinner ... I thought about making the change... However, the lunch menu is not appealing to me. I guess I'll see for myself next week!

October 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon) / May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort / December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge / October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs / April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel) / Upcoming November 2014 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside, Yacht Club Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach.
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #11
robandkelly13
DIS Veteran

We really enjoyed out dinner at BOG in June. We all thought the food was excellent
Old 10-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #12
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

We ate at BOG last year and loved our meal. We have an ADR for our trip in 2 weeks and not sure yet if we want to keep it or not. Th prices have gone up and from the pictures I have seen it seems as if the quality has gone down with the changes in the menu.

Last year we were on the DXDP but paying OOP this time and just not sure either if it is worth the $$$

The atmosphere is grand and if you've not eaten there yet I would say Definately YES

Personally I want to try lunch but have not been able to get a FP+ and not about to stand in line for an hour

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #13
freckles04
DIS Veteran

BOG was the highlight of our trip! I was skeptical about it, but we LOVED it. The atmosphere was great (loved the falling snow in the main room). We requested the West Wing and loved it. Our server, Kristin, was fantastic and seemed so enthusiastic. I'm bummed I can't seem to get a reservation for our January trip, but I'm checking every day.
freckles04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #14
curious3069
Mouseketeer

We had dinner in February '13 and were lucky enough to be seated in the room with the rose, Beast's picture, etc. (Sorry, don't know what it's called!) Probably the best table in the room too, right next to the window where the rose is so we could see the entire room, total luck of the draw, we had a larger party and it was a large table. My food was good, obviously not memorable since I can't remember what the main course was except for the fries..oh now they were delicious and the dipping sauce was amazing. Having a beer with dinner in the Magic Kingdom felt like such a naughty awesome thing too! It was definitely worth it to see the special effects in that room and the rest of the castle, that was fun and the kids and adults loved that, we never felt rushed, it was a nice family dinner.
curious3069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #15
MinniesYooHoo
With the cows and the chickens, they all sound like the dickens when I hear my little Minnie...YOO HOO!

I think you'll love it! We were seated in the "Forbidden West Wing". At first I was disappointed we weren't in the "Ballroom". It was so large and just gorgeous. (But also a bit loud) But as we sat down we realized what a treat it was to be where we were. It was dark and mysterious and almost intimate feeling. Every so often the Beasts portrait would change with the lightning strikes and a petal would fall from the rose. Our table was right in front of the rose so we could see the entire room. It was very quiet in comparison to the ballroom. It is a wonderful restaurant to explore. I had a New York strip that was cooked to perfection. It came alongside some steamed asparagus and some of the best fries I've ever had. They were certainly gourmet! We were there for DDs birthday and the server brought her some "Grey Stuff". It really was delicious! Do I think it's the best restaurant on disney property? No. Did we have great food in a beautifully themed environment? Yes! We'll definitely be back in June. Hope this helps.

I've been Boo'd!!!
Me DH DD(9) Granny: G-Daddy: Charlotte Mr. Tanner(The closest we could get to a hamster!)
MinniesYooHoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: