Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
BadDad
Mouseketeer

Which Resort has the best walking trail

My family's Disney vacation schedule usually consists of:

Day 1: check-in relax @ resort
Day 2: Theme Park
Day 3: recharge @ resort
Day 4: Theme Park
Day 5: recharge @ resort
Etc

On other resort days it's the pool and trails around the resort.
We've been to CSR, POR, CR, WL, and Swan (loved walking to DHS & back on the boat)

But which one has the coolest and longest walking trail?
BadDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

Ft. Wilderness has trails (paths), and you can get there from WL by a path or boat launch.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #3
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

We love walking the paths from WL towards FW. We started most days with a quiet walk there during our first trip.

Which walk is "best" is hard to determine though, because the Epcot resorts are nice in that there are a lot of other resorts and even two theme parks you can walk to, while the WL to FW walk feels like you are in the middle of nowhere, which is a relaxing contrast to the busy parks.
GrandCalifornian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
Babsy
DIS Veteran

Looking to do MORE walking in WDW!!! Unusual! LOL

Hmmm! I didn't know that any resorts had a walking trail as such. As others have posted, the walk from Epcot through Epcot resorts and on th DHS is nice. Also around Fort Wilderness and WL.

Perhaps a walk around the golf courses? Are you able to do that? I suppose you can is you pay for a round of golf at least.

It looks like you have stayed at the resorts that are spread out enough to walk around in like CSR and POR. CBR is spread much the same way as the other large mods, so you could try there. I would wait until after the upcoming refurb though.

We like to walk around the theme parks especially World showcase in Epcot, but that probably isn't what you had in mind.
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
MouseyMin
DIS Veteran

The Caribbean Resort has a lovely walking trail around the lake.
MouseyMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #6
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

Saratoga Springs

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #7
abner1776
DIS Veteran

While I have not taken this route, the trails around OKW over to SSR are suppose to be wonderful but since they are not well lit, keep your walks to daylight hours.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
rock_doctor
DIS Veteran

I am quite taken with the CR. You walk along the walkway to the MK and keep going to the boat dock for the GF/Poly and walk past it. The walkway will take you down along the 7 seas lagoon and will end in a small area with trees and benches. It is a great location to watch the monorail and boats go by plus if you go there at night you can watch the electric water parade come out of its storage canal. When you loose interest go back take the boat to the GF and walk from the GF to the poly and then onto the TTC. You can then take the resort monorail back to the CR. Full circle around the 7-seas lagoon. If you time it correctly you can catch the fireworks from the MK plus the electric water parade. If you get the refillable mugs you can refill them in the CR, GF and Poly...
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #9
mom2rb
DIS Veteran

I love walking around SSR. It is so peaceful.

7/80 offsite, 7/84 offsite, 10/96 honeymoon at CBR, 9/03 Contemporary Wing, 12/04 SSR & AKL, 4/05 OKW & CSR, 9/05 BWV & OKW, 12/06 CSR & SSR, 06/07 VWL & BCV, 09/07 AKV & BWV, 09/09 BLT & SSR, 05/10 BWV & BCV, AKL & BLT 02/13, 05/13 Pop Century Work Trip, Halloween @ SSR

mom2rb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #10
TokyoSunrise
Earning My Ears

We love staying at the Epcot resorts. It's a great walk to Epcot and DHS. That's mainly why we stay there to avoid using the transportation. And if we are really ambitious, we walk through Epcot to take the monorail to MK.
Old 10-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #11
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

"Trails" are probably going to be few, best bet is Fort Wilderness. Plenty of great walking paths (hard surface) to enjoy. This site might help you out some for ideas...

http://www.disneyrunning.com/wdwtrails.html
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: