Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #3121
jaleaton
I walked into a Target bathroom and it smelled like Disney World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpoo View Post
I'm confused. I sent an email with a request for a custom mini cake to be delivered to CRT to the email listed for magic kingdom. They replied that only standard, choc or vanilla mini cakes are available. That I could choose a frosting color, but no fondant or special flavored, decorations. Do I need to call the contemporary instead?
Not sure what MK does flavor wise, but I found Contemporary willing to def. work with me. I asked if there were other flavor choices other than white / choc., and she asked what I was thinking, and said she knew they had at least done red velvet and almond before. Next week we're getting a mini cake at Bay Lake, and I'm getting almond cake with chocolate mousse filling (hopefully it's good!).
June 2006:Engaged at WDW, July 2007:Honeymoon at CBR, Oct. 2008:POFQ & 1st MNSSHP, Jan. 2009:OKW & VWL w/ Kayla87 & TKTommy, Oct. 2009: 1st Trip as DVC Members @ BLT w/ Kayla87 & TKTommy (Isabelle's 1st Trip), June 2010: AKL , May 2011: BLT, June 2011: OKW,November 2012: BLT (Juliet's 1st Trip) October 2013: BLT, January 2014: AKL,May 2014: Boardwalk,
Old 10-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #3122
MomofDisneyLoversx3
DIS Veteran

Ok my fellow Disney obsessers: talk me down of the ledge. I spoke with Chef Amanda at AKL in the beginning of Sept re an Ariel cake for next week. We have exchanged several emails with pictures, etc. On Sept 24 she provided me a quote. At that time I replied saying the quote was great with me and asking what the next step was. I haven't heard from her since! And I've also called and left a vmail. Any other ideas? This is for my DD bday and she is sooooo excited. She has been waiting for this trip for years.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #3123
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLvr55 View Post
I just want to confirm - I have to call the Contemporary Cake Line if I want a speciality cake for Hoop De Doo Review, right?
These days they prefer if you call Wilderness Lodge first (407-824-2090), and then if they can't do what you want, you are "allowed" to call the Contemporary to place the order (or the nice lady at WL will work with the Contemporary on your behalf).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchenohar@hotmail View Post
Could anyone who's ordered a special cake from GF recently whether the Whipped Cream Frosting is REAL whipped cream, or the fake stuff?
Is the buttercream REAL or made with Crisco?
TIA
At WDW, Disney uses what they refer to as a "traditional" buttercream. I find it to be less Crisco-y than what you'd get from a supermarket bakery but more textured than the Chantilly buttercream used by Aulani and Disneyland (which tastes like straight unsalted butter to me). Can't speak to Disney's whipped cream frosting cuz I can't stand the stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEWLSVERN View Post
Do they still do the chocolate slipper and if so what restaurants can you get it at?
Yes, and you can get it at any resort or park serviced by the Grand Floridian Bakery (GF, Polynesian) or the Contemporary Bakery (Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness, Magic Kingdom).

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceSkatingPrincess View Post
Here is what we got for our Wishes Cruise! Ordered from the Grand Floridian Bakery for a cruise leaving from the Poly.
Thanks for sharing pics and info. I'm so glad to hear it worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
Ok my fellow Disney obsessers: talk me down of the ledge. I spoke with Chef Amanda at AKL in the beginning of Sept re an Ariel cake for next week. We have exchanged several emails with pictures, etc. On Sept 24 she provided me a quote. At that time I replied saying the quote was great with me and asking what the next step was. I haven't heard from her since! And I've also called and left a vmail. Any other ideas? This is for my DD bday and she is sooooo excited. She has been waiting for this trip for years.
I would call Animal Kingdom Lodge directly and explain the situation to a real live person. They can help you find the right person to talk to.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #3124
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpoo
I'm confused. I sent an email with a request for a custom mini cake to be delivered to CRT to the email listed for magic kingdom. They replied that only standard, choc or vanilla mini cakes are available. That I could choose a frosting color, but no fondant or special flavored, decorations. Do I need to call the contemporary instead?
I know dh dealt with the mk cake email and he was able to order me a chocolate mini cake with the Bailey's Irish Cream mousse filling and white buttercream frosting. For decorations, dh had them put a simple buttercream rose in front of a small white chocolate Cinderella castle. This was delivered to be our guest, so I don't see why options wouldnt be available to other mk locations too

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009, April 2010 (F&W Festival!),
April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (Yacht Club, F&W adults only trip!)
Old 10-17-2013, 09:17 AM   #3125
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDisneyLoversx3 View Post
When I ordered a specialty cake from CR, after I corresponded with the Chef and lined up exactly what I wanted and what the price was going to be, I had to call back to the CR Private Dining line to actually place the order for the cake. You might try calling the AKL number and tell the CM that you have corresponded with Chef Amanda and want to place the order for the cake as you have agreed to, with time/date/location confirmed. That's what I would do.

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 10-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #3126
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

We ordered from Yacht & Beach Club Private Dining a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting for my husbands birthday. That's all we asked for. They came up with this. It was delivered to our villa. It was 10" (I think) and the cost was less than $85.00 with tip and all. They also said we had to pay extra for the red velvet flavor. It was soooo good.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
Old 10-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #3127
JEWLSVERN
Mouseketeer

We are going to

Chef Mickey
Ohana
WCC
Mama Melrose
Akerhaus
Coral Reef

Which one of these can I get the chocolate slipper at?
Old 10-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #3128
lurkyloo

Chef Mickey
Old 10-17-2013, 09:15 PM   #3129
spicycrab
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimim View Post
this was my daughter's birthday party last year.

IMG_0096 by jimim, on Flickr

IMG_0093 by jimim, on Flickr
I LOVE that cake! Where did you order it?
Old 10-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #3130
disneymath
DIS Veteran

Mickey Halloween / Fall Leaves Cake from CR Bakery

Here are some photos of the cake Chef Donald and his team from the CR made for my sister's birthday last week.

The cake was delivered to our villa at BLT - complete with plates, cutlery, and serving tool. Total cost (included tax, gratuity, transportation fee) was $80 ... base cake quote was $68.

8" white cake (was supposed to be marble, but oh well), white chocolate mousse filling, chocolate buttercream icing, fondant mickey heads. All decorations (leaves, spider webs, ghosts) were edible, except for the spiders ... they were plastic.

The cake was delicious and we were very pleased with how it looked. (I had sent in a few different photos and Chef Donald and his team did a great job of combining the different elements into one cake.)

Old 10-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #3131
lurkyloo

Cute Mickey pumpkins!
Old 10-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #3132
flea1267
DIS Veteran

Really really cute!!!

Old 10-18-2013, 07:41 PM   #3133
mrsclark
Mouseketeer

disneymath, I love the pumpkins on the top of your cake. They are so cute!!!

2013 - BCV (MNSSHP too!) plus Loews RP at US/IOA
2013 - Disney Magic Cruise - one day port adventure at WDW
2012 - BC (MNSSHP & Epcot F&W too!)
2011 - BCV (MNSSHP too!)
2009 - AKL (MNSSHP & Epcot F&W too!) plus Loews RP at US/IOA
2007 -Honeymoon at AKL (MNSSHP & Epcot F& W too!)

2005 - All Star Music - college spring break with my mom!
1995 - Dixie Landings/ 1993 - All Star Sports/ 1992 and Earlier - 3-4+ Offsite trips - for an exact count ask my mom!
Old 10-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #3134
disneymath
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Cute Mickey pumpkins!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flea1267 View Post
Really really cute!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsclark View Post
disneymath, I love the pumpkins on the top of your cake. They are so cute!!!
Thanks! I think they're really cute too!

Old 10-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #3135
elliececil
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymath View Post
Here are some photos of the cake Chef Donald and his team from the CR made for my sister's birthday last week.
So adorable! Glad it came out great.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: