Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #1
formytinkerbelle
Mouseketeer

1 day left to decide, please help!

My father-in-law who is paying for the trip wants to book something ASAP but we still haven't decided where to go. I need advice for what is the top notch best. This is for me and my husband, our 2 kids ages 4 and 6, and my husband's mom and dad. Should we go for 2 separate rooms at the Beach Club, 2 separate rooms at the Yacht Club, or a villa at Kidani Village Animal Kingdom. Also, this is for mid January so I am guessing pools don't matter. Thanks!

offsite camping - 1990
offsite resort - 1998
offsite camping - 2001
All Star Sports - 2003
one-day visit on Honeymoon cruise - 2004
offsite Vistana Villages - 2005
offsite Vacation Village at Parkway - 2010
formytinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #2
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

I haven't stayed at any of those resorts but when my father and step-mother took me, my husband and my children we got two separate rooms at Wilderness Lodge. We were really happy we had our own space and it was easier for rest time and bedtime and getting ready etc to just have completely separate places and to have some separation time. It was a great trip! Our rooms were next to each other but not connected and I thought this worked out great. I guess it depends on the family dynamics whether you do a villa or two separate rooms! Good luck!
firstwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by formytinkerbelle View Post
My father-in-law who is paying for the trip wants to book something ASAP but we still haven't decided where to go. I need advice for what is the top notch best. This is for me and my husband, our 2 kids ages 4 and 6, and my husband's mom and dad. Should we go for 2 separate rooms at the Beach Club, 2 separate rooms at the Yacht Club, or a villa at Kidani Village Animal Kingdom. Also, this is for mid January so I am guessing pools don't matter. Thanks!
Definitely two separate rooms. Or a 2 br villa. I don't think you can go wrong with any of your choices. Never stayed at AKL, but being walking distance to Epcot is awesome. And close to DHS.

Have fun planning!
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

We love the BC. It is a very short, like 5 minute, walk to Epcot. The pool is great and there is a nice sandy, shallow kids section which will be fun for the little one. There is also a little slide that is around the back of the big slide. Your in-laws will probably love being in the Epcot resort area with all the nice restaurants right there. The bus to MK is direct from BC to MK. You can also walk through Epcot to catch the monorail to MK.

We have stayed at the BC many times in January. Sometimes the weather has been warm enough to swim, and sometimes it is too cold. January is a tricky month. But it is usually a low crowd period.

If you could get a two bedroom villa at BCV, that would be the most perfect arrangement. We stayed twice with married kids and our grandchildren and it was wonderful to have a separate living room and full kitchen. And your in-laws would have a master bedroom and bathroom all to themselves.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Wood Nymph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:44 AM   #5
mm1971
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by formytinkerbelle View Post
I know it is not one of your options, but if $$ was not an issue we would go with 2 rooms at the Floridian. Being on the monorail to MK and Epcot with young children is awesome. Poly is under construction and CR we like, but it just misses for us.

I agree that 2 rooms or a 2BR villa would be best. That way you can have some privacy or have a place to relax where it is quiet if needed. Of the 3 choices you provided, I would prefer a 2BR villa at AKL. Just think it would be more fun for the kids. Thats why we do it right, for the kids?

mm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: