DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #16
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dividends View Post
Talked to guide yesterday, 95% sold for akv(supposedly).
DVC has a history of announcing sold out or almost sold out both in anticipation of total sell out and to fuel the hype. With WLV they announced sell out anticipating that the hype and add ons to members would finish it out. 6 months later they had to reopen sales to finish the sales there. It's not that they lie IMO but that they are overly optimistic and strategize in an unusual way.

As for the OP, It's timeshare sales speak for "you see my lips moving". This type of issue has been usual for DVC but seems to be happening more lately.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #17
nd43
Disney Fan

If they jump to resale to save money, just let them know the process can take patience. There can be a lot of "wait time" as you are dealing with a third party seller, a broker, and a closing company with several steps to complete. After completing all the steps, you will then have several more weeks of delay waiting for Disney to process the contract. It is not a process for someone wanting instant gratification. If you happen to lose a contract via ROFR (like we did), a lot of time might pass when you realize you are back at step one.

The savings are real and for many well worth the wait and process.

In the end, DVC will be a long term purchase for many so the early months will eventually not be a big deal. Just enter the process knowing it does take an investment in extra upfront time and, at least for us, it can try your patience. Just for reference (and full disclosure), direct, in the end, was just easier and we purchased VGF direct after losing our resale contract. We were not excited to go through the entire resale process twice.
nd43 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #18
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dividends View Post
Talked to guide yesterday, 95% sold for akv(supposedly).
I received an email from DVD on 10/11 stating that AKV is 90% sold.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #19
dmbjewel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandjanl View Post
A friend of mine just bought AK while on a DC. I don't know what kind of research she and her husband did before buying, but from my brief conversation with her I'm not sure it was a lot. Anyway, I mentioned the resale market to her. She knew about it, but was concerned about ROFR. During the presentation on the cruise they told her and her husband that "Disney almost always exercises its ROFR because it doesn't want a reduced secondary market." From what I've seen on these boards, that doesn't seem to be the case, especially for resorts that aren't sold out. I realize no one has the exact numbers, but do you guys think that statement is accurate given what we've seen on the boards? I'm trying to find a good resale vs. direct thread for her too because they obviously don't want to pay more than that have to. Thanks!
I was on a disney sales presentation in mid-september and it is that way. I know alot about timeshares and asked about resale market and they emphatically said that while there is one, you won't really get much better of a price. And the small difference in the price isn't worth all that you'd lose by not buying directly from disney. Later that week when I found a deeply resale at a great price I called my Disney rep back to inquire about whether or Disney had their own resales that maybe I could go that route instead - he said they did have their own resales but even still the prices would be in teh $130s for AKV and that there is no way that the price I saw at $75 a point would make it through Disneys ROFR - tht Disney never lets anything go at those prices. So I coudl try all that I wanted because when those type of deals got to ROFR, Disney would snatch them up.
dmbjewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #20
Msmithmd
DIS Veteran

Dmbjewel, call your guide back and tell them "shame on you for lying" from hundreds of posters on DISboards.

Even fifteen minutes of reviewing the threads on this site would show you objectively that the essence of what you've posted here simply isn't true. Not even a little bit true. I'm not necessarily suggesting that you believe it is; but you are dealing with an unethical salesperson if that's the story line that they are giving you...
Msmithmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:00 PM   #21
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbjewel View Post
I was on a disney sales presentation in mid-september and it is that way. I know alot about timeshares and asked about resale market and they emphatically said that while there is one, you won't really get much better of a price. And the small difference in the price isn't worth all that you'd lose by not buying directly from disney. Later that week when I found a deeply resale at a great price I called my Disney rep back to inquire about whether or Disney had their own resales that maybe I could go that route instead - he said they did have their own resales but even still the prices would be in teh $130s for AKV and that there is no way that the price I saw at $75 a point would make it through Disneys ROFR - tht Disney never lets anything go at those prices. So I coudl try all that I wanted because when those type of deals got to ROFR, Disney would snatch them up.
And you believed him???
JimMIA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #22
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandjanl View Post
Well I talked briefly to my friend. She's a little frustrated w/ some of the things they were told, and understandably so. They were apparently told that the only resort selling was AK and that VGF was small and limited and that there was already a wait for it. Also, they were told about some sort of discounts for Disney cruises that people who buy on the resale market cannot get. I had never heard of this before so I asked if maybe that was the member's cruise, but her understanding was that it's something different than the member's cruise. She and her husband are going to do some researching on here and elsewhere while they are in their 10-day window. I know that DVC is a business and that the goal is to make money, but it just frustrates me that these guides are giving people half truths!
That part was said, about the special cash prices. Was on the dream at a presentation on the 14th and they told us it was brand new and would hit the member site very soon. Wasn't really clear on what they were saying but they did mention a new discount on cruises coming.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: