Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
Floridajo
Mouseketeer

Bay lake tower

Hi not sure if this is in the right place but need some help.. Few years ago I took my daughter to stay at bay lake for her birthday had disney deliver presents from all the disney characters and watched the fireworks from the room, daughter thought the fireworks were just for her and didn't want to tell her any different. She has now asked if she can stay at bay lake again for her birthday when we go this year but I can't seem to get any rooms. Does anyone know of any other way to get rooms at bay lake other than through disney. Sorry for the long post am just in meltdown and don't want to crush her by telling her she can't stay at bay lake :-(
Floridajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #2
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridajo View Post
Hi not sure if this is in the right place but need some help.. Few years ago I took my daughter to stay at bay lake for her birthday had disney deliver presents from all the disney characters and watched the fireworks from the room, daughter thought the fireworks were just for her and didn't want to tell her any different. She has now asked if she can stay at bay lake again for her birthday when we go this year but I can't seem to get any rooms. Does anyone know of any other way to get rooms at bay lake other than through disney. Sorry for the long post am just in meltdown and don't want to crush her by telling her she can't stay at bay lake :-(
Have you looked into renting DVC points? There are several well rated DVC point rental companies on the internet and a quick Google search will provide you a list (I personally like David's). It's not a room guarantee but rather another avenue to explore in seeing if any units are available. What dates are you looking at?

Also, have you considered another MK resort? I know that you mentioned your daughter is wanting to stay at BLT again but just in case you aren't able to secure a room there, the fireworks can be seen from the Poly (in fact, it's an awesome view when watching from the beach and probably my favorite place to watch them), CR, GF, VGF, WL, and the beach at FW. You could always do something cute like explaining that no matter where she stays, Disney knows she's there.

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #3
Floridajo
Mouseketeer

Thanks KMb584 will look in to these opinions. We are going to be there Nov 28-6 Dec.
Floridajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Unfortunately, it's much too short notice to book BLT on points for that week this year. The period between Thanksgiving and New Years is the busiest time of year for DVC bookings, and members book as soon as they can - 11 months out.

If you'd like to rent from a member to stay at BLT for the first week of Dec in 2014, you would want to be working with a member by the first week of January 2014.

I'd recommend looking at theme park view rooms at Poly and GF. They're both really special resorts, with great views of the MK fireworks.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: