Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #61
jmpurdy
DIS Veteran

Wdw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa S View Post
We have plane tickets, vacation time used (last vacation was in march, last sailing) and a devastated 3 year old. It is too last minute to plan anything else, all other cruises are sold out. Had I know I would have went away in the summer. To tell us so last minute is so irresponsible there are other costs involved other than the cruise fare.
Go to Disney World instead. Your 3 year old will forget about it as soon as he/she sees the parks! Stay at Art of Animation and it will be a memorable vacation for sure. You may have residual disappointment, but your vacation won't be ruined. Good luck.
January 2012 - BCV
January 2011 - BWV
May 2011 - Disney Dream
July 2010 - CBR
January 2010 - SSR
May 2009 - OKW
jmpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #62
Irishgrl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpurdy View Post
Go to Disney World instead. Your 3 year old will forget about it as soon as he/she sees the parks! Stay at Art of Animation and it will be a memorable vacation for sure. You may have residual disappointment, but your vacation won't be ruined. Good luck.
This sounds good but, the cost are a lot more now than they were a few months ago. I just looked in case our cruise get cancelled for next week and it would cost more than the cruise was going to cost me plus meals.
Irishgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #63
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpurdy View Post
Is DCL processing peoples refunds immediately or is there some sort of delay? Meaning, is the money available to people right now to book something else, like a WDW vacation instead or a cruise on another line?

If not, it might be difficult for people to front that kind of money to pay for another vacation until their refund is actually processed. If DCL is processing refunds right away, that would definitely help matters.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #64
modisneychick
Mouseketeer

We are on the Fantasy leaving on Saturday. There were several rooms still available on this cruise. I have a feeling we will now have a full ship. I am so sorry for everyone booked the Magic.
Recent Trips: October 2013 - Saratoga Springs & Disney Fantasy; July 2013 - Vero Beach; May 2013 - Disney Wonder Alaska; March 2013 - Old Key West & Vero Beach Teen Trip; January 2013 (Dh & DD only) Disney Wonder; Nov/Dec 2012 Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream; May/June 2012 - Beach Club Villas, Disney Fantasy, & Vero Beach; December 2011 - Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream; May/June 2011 - Vero Beach, Disney Dream, & Beach Club Villas; and February 2011 - Saratoga Springs Teen Trip
Upcoming Trips: April 2014 - Disney's Vero Beach Resort; July 2014 Disneyland Paris & Disney Magic 12-Night Med; October 2014 Disney Magic Southern Caribbean; October 2014 Repo Cruise from San Juan to Port Canaveral; June 2015 - Disney Magic 11 night Norway/Iceland
Twitter: modisneychick
Disney Travels on Facebook: Disney Dreaming
modisneychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #65
boogabuzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
Really?! Considering the compensation that's been offered, you really think they owe MORE? I certainly understand the disappointment of the canceled cruise and how this throws a wrench into people's plans, but it does seem DCL has been very generous in the compensation offered. DCL and WDW are separate entities anyway, you aren't likely to find one offering a freebie of the other.
I do think the compensation is awesome...but the poster I was talking to was trying to salvage her trip with WDW at the front and back of the 5n cruise. If she's not able to come for a different cruise in the next 8 months, or get on one of the other sailings next week, it would be nice if she could get something comparable to a cruise to make up for it. I'm aware they are separate entities...but you can't tell me the two dont have connections!
boogabuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:38 PM   #66
lauti
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder

Is DCL processing peoples refunds immediately or is there some sort of delay? Meaning, is the money available to people right now to book something else, like a WDW vacation instead or a cruise on another line?

If not, it might be difficult for people to front that kind of money to pay for another vacation until their refund is actually processed. If DCL is processing refunds right away, that would definitely help matters.
This will be a deciding factor for us too should our 10/27 sailing get canceled.
lauti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #67
Postal68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
It is posted above that they have been offered a full refund, plus a FREE 5-night cruise on the Magic (or 35% off a different cruise).
DAMN, I wish I would have booked that cruise as I planned just so it could have been cancelled for the free cruise!!!
Postal68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #68
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

Ugh, that stinks for the people who planned their time off work, etc, around this vacation. It does sound like DCL is going above and beyond in compensation. Now I wish I had been booked on this cruise, lol.

Sent from my Galaxy SII
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise 2013. AKL stay and Western Caribbean Cruise for 2014.

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #69
momof2n2
I homeschool. What's your superpower? ♥

I'm really sorry everyone. Praying you can salvage the time you had set aside.
All stays offsite.
DCL - 3n WONDER 2001
DCL - 4n MAGIC 2014
DLR in '77 & '98
Planning DLR 6/2015
momof2n2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #70
GoofyDisneyDaddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaSue View Post
Just off the phone with concierge... The airfare is iffy, as usual, but change fees should be no problem. We are broken-heated. Hopefully we can work something out. We were also on the Hurricane Sandy cruise. Seems like we REALLY can't get a break. I am also pregnant and unable to cruise for some time now. What a mess.
I would avoid cruises leaving on October 20th, if I were you.
GoofyDisneyDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #71
jenerra11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogabuzz View Post
Man, I truly do feel bad for everyone who was in cruise mode thinking they were getting on the ship Sunday. I know the excitement of those last few days before a trip.

We are on the 10/25 sailing. I just want to throw it out there that I would not be too bummed if they cancelled that as well. I'd be THRILLED with the compensation! However...easy for me to say having a flexible work schedule and less than 2 hour drive to the port.
We're on the 11/1/13 sailing....But on a military discount rate. My poor mom has never been on a cruise in her life or a vacation....She would be s heartbroken if our cruise was canceled.
jenerra11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #72
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

My TA said DCL said it looks like they are holding the 10/27 Magic cruise for us affected on 10/20. I had DH check the Dream 10/20 and there was only Cat 4A-C left at 2:26pm but TA said now it looks sold out. Agents are trying feverishly to help us rebook.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #73
Desi
Seek color and ye shall receive...
There are many Tag Fairies.... no-one said they're all girls though!

I am so sorry. I hope everyone is able to salvage their vacations somehow.
Cruise #1 Disney Magic Nov.14-21-2009 Double Dip
Cruise #2 Disney Dream Nov.13-18 2011
Cruise #3 Disney Fantasy Nov. 23-30 2013
Desi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #74
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

This would be a no brainer for me. I would take the refund, apply it to a new cruise. Then add the free cruise to that, and make it a back to back 10 nighter on the new Magic, am I the only one thinking of this? I would have thought I hit the lottery.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:17 PM   #75
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
This would be a no brainer for me. I would take the refund, apply it to a new cruise. Then add the free cruise to that, and make it a back to back 10 nighter on the new Magic, am I the only one thinking of this? I would have thought I hit the lottery.
Yup!!!

We will B2B 10/25 with 10/27 for 7 nights. Looks like our TA got us 10/27 FOR FREE!!! Would love to book the 10/20 Dream with my refund.... Three cruises

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 3n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: