Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
mousehunter3
Mouseketeer

Mini fridge/grocery question

Ordering some groceries from Garden Grocer...

(1) Do you think a gallon of milk will fit in the resort fridge?

(2) Trying to figure out what I need... I am definitely ordering bottled water. What else do I need? We are flying and I am packing along some snacks (fruit snacks, granola bars, popcorn). We are on the dining plan, so we don't need a lot... just some breakfast items for days when our TS is not at breakfast time, snacks for the kids at the parks, and some munchies for our non-park days at the resort... I guess I am trying to order what I can't really pack in my suitcase without getting too many items that have to stay cold since the fridge is so small.
mousehunter3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Belle72
Mouseketeer

We usually can fit a half gallon of milk in the fridge. We order cereal, chips, goldfish crackers, cheese sticks, juice boxes, yogurt.
Belle72 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #3
carmelhp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousehunter3 View Post

(2) Trying to figure out what I need... I am definitely ordering bottled water. What else do I need? We are flying and I am packing along some snacks (fruit snacks, granola bars, popcorn). We are on the dining plan, so we don't need a lot... just some breakfast items for days when our TS is not at breakfast time, snacks for the kids at the parks, and some munchies for our non-park days at the resort... I guess I am trying to order what I can't really pack in my suitcase without getting too many items that have to stay cold since the fridge is so small.
A gallon might have to lay on its side on the shelf. The fridge is pretty small. A couple of 2 liters, a couple of 6-packs and its full. Don't get too much cold items.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I don't think a gallon will fit. The mini fridges are the same size as the ones you see at WalMart - that might help you judge. We have had a 1/2 gallon of milk, juice boxes, go gurts and our bottled water in the mini fridges - that was it. But if you are staying at AoA in a family suite the fridges are a little bit bigger. Maybe pack your paper goods in your suitcase so you don't have to worry about weight issues! You'll want bowls and spoons for your cereal - unless of course you are in a family suite then they will give you those each day. We like half and half in our coffee so that is something else we order too.

LisaCM614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #5
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

Half gallon of milk, juice boxes, bottled water, bowls, spoons, paper towel roll, cereal, bananas, granola bars, wheat thins, fruit snacks & 6 pack of diet coke.. That was basically what I ordered. I ordered 2 cases of water which was wayyyy to much had almost a whole case left (gave it to the neighbor who was just checking in).
momofboyz3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
mom2grace
DIS Veteran

3 1/2 gallons fit last week!

We also fit 2 bags of hard boiled eggs, several mini- soda cans, mini peppers, baby carrots, 1/2 & 1/2.

We got cereal & fruit, bananas, apples & plums. PB, ritz crackers & 3 bags of chips & a case of water & paper bowls.

We used Wegoshop & preferred it to GG.
mom2grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #7
Sugardimples
DIS Veteran

A gallon fits fine.
Sugardimples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #8
ZoZo
DIS Veteran

Remember that you can buy half-gallons of milk at your resort gift shop. So start with 1/2 gallon, then replenish as needed. You can also add small amounts of things like sodas and juice boxes to the fridge as you go through the week - just store as many as you need for a day or two in the fridge, and keep the rest at room temperature. That will free up room in the fridge for things that need to be kept at cold temps constantly (like yogurt).
Old 10-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #9
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We love Gardengrocer and have used it x3. If you don't see something on the website you want, add it to the comment section and see if they can get it for you.

We buy milk, water, Gatorade, beer, chips, bagels with cream cheese, cinnamon rolls and other snack items for our room. We were on the dining plan also, so I did not buy an desert type items from Gardengrocer. Getting desert x2 on the plan was plenty of sweet stuff for us.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #10
scard192
DIS Veteran

Post # 3268 on this thread has a picture of a fridge at POFQ that was taken in August. There is a gallon of milk in it

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....e#post49370894
Old 10-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #11
mousehunter3
Mouseketeer

Great! My son practically survives on milk, so a gallon would be great. We are staying at AS Music in a family suite.

Creamer is a great idea... thanks. I think I will get some yogurt and string cheese... good suggestions. And cereal might be good too.

I worried that 2 cases of water would be too much, but we will be there for 9 days and I am going to bring some of those Koolaid and Crystal Light packets so I think we will need more than one case for our family of 5.

Thanks so much!
mousehunter3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: