Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
mlfallis
Earning My Ears

Land/Sea 2015 Planning Help Pls

Ok I am in the process of trying to get the details ironed out as best I can for our Jan/Feb 2015 trip to WDW. I would like to get a handle on cost for the resort before booking for the cruise option opens up later this year.

Currently we are planning at spending 4 days in the parks, then hoping on Dream for a 3 day cruise.

Last time we stayed at POR, we were a family of 4. Next trip we will be a family of 5, with the youngest under 3. While I understand this allows us to have a lot more room options we are limited as we need spots for everyone to sleep in a bed, I am 90% sure a pack n play won’t work for us based on the other two not sleeping in a crib past 2.

I love looked at staying at POR in an AB room but honestly don’t think it meets our space needs once you add in a double stroller. I proposed this to hubby last night and he agrees. I have looked at the family suites in the value resorts but I am not thrilled with the layout, food options, or distance from MK.

We have also decided to spend 2 days at MK and skip AK this time. So that helps take a couple resorts out of the running.

Do all deluxe resorts have a daybed or just some? Am I correct in assuming you need to book the correct category from the beginning and not just hope for a room with a day bed? Which of the deluxe normally have the lowest rates? (Yes I realize this changes but it gives me a place to start).

Then for the cruise, we are only familiar with RCCL and have sailed with them 6 times. We normally get a family oceanview room but are considering dropping to 2 inside rooms instead as it will only be 3 nights. When we stay on RCCL we get the ‘special’ shaped room that give a ton of extra space and the kids bunk area has a door (one of our kids is a VERY light sleeper and will wake up if he hears the bathroom door, light). Are there any rooms like this on Dream that sleep 5 or connect to another room?

TIA
mlfallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfallis View Post
Ok I am in the process of trying to get the details ironed out as best I can for our Jan/Feb 2015 trip to WDW. I would like to get a handle on cost for the resort before booking for the cruise option opens up later this year.

Currently we are planning at spending 4 days in the parks, then hoping on Dream for a 3 day cruise.

Last time we stayed at POR, we were a family of 4. Next trip we will be a family of 5, with the youngest under 3. While I understand this allows us to have a lot more room options we are limited as we need spots for everyone to sleep in a bed, I am 90% sure a pack n play won’t work for us based on the other two not sleeping in a crib past 2.

I love looked at staying at POR in an AB room but honestly don’t think it meets our space needs once you add in a double stroller. I proposed this to hubby last night and he agrees. I have looked at the family suites in the value resorts but I am not thrilled with the layout, food options, or distance from MK.

We have also decided to spend 2 days at MK and skip AK this time. So that helps take a couple resorts out of the running.

Do all deluxe resorts have a daybed or just some? Am I correct in assuming you need to book the correct category from the beginning and not just hope for a room with a day bed? Which of the deluxe normally have the lowest rates? (Yes I realize this changes but it gives me a place to start).

Then for the cruise, we are only familiar with RCCL and have sailed with them 6 times. We normally get a family oceanview room but are considering dropping to 2 inside rooms instead as it will only be 3 nights. When we stay on RCCL we get the ‘special’ shaped room that give a ton of extra space and the kids bunk area has a door (one of our kids is a VERY light sleeper and will wake up if he hears the bathroom door, light). Are there any rooms like this on Dream that sleep 5 or connect to another room?

TIA
All rooms at the Poly and CR have a daybed while most rooms at the GF have one. A daybed would be a request at BC and YC as not all rooms come with one. Parties of 5 are given preference for a room with a daybed, but it's not guaranteed; however, a roll away should be available if you wanted one. I know BWI has daybeds, but I don't know if all rooms come with them or if only some do. AKL and WL do not have daybeds, but you could book a bunk bed room at either resort. AKL and WL are the cheapest of the deluxes, followed by BC/YC/BWI, with the CR/Poly/GF being the most expensive.

I can't comment on the cruise as we are booked for our first Disney cruise next year and I'm not very familiar with all the cabin set ups.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
mlfallis
Earning My Ears

Great, thanks so much. I will go look at bunk rooms now.
mlfallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfallis View Post
Great, thanks so much. I will go look at bunk rooms now.
You're welcome . I didn't think to mention it before, but if you go to the Disney cruise forums here on the Dis, I'm sure someone can give you accurate information on cabin set ups .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: