Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #1
Megabear2
Earning My Ears

Are my Restaurant/Dining Choices Wise?

Hi. I have booked myself a few "treats" as add-ons to my Disney QSP. As I am paying for these things myself does anyone have any opinions on my choices, i.e. are they good!

1. Dining with an Imagineer - Lunch at 11.30 at Hollywood Brown Derby on 22/11

2. California Grill - Early evening dinner at 5.10 p.m. on 24/11

3. Margaritaville at Universal City Walk (Yes I know it's not Disney but opinions welcome! - Early Dinner at 5.00 p.m. on 25/11

4. Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at 8.00 p.m. on 27/11

5. Thanksgiving Dinner at Kouzzina on the Boardwalk (I am assured this will be a proper Turkey Dinner which I have never experienced and opportunities were few and far between) - 8.45 p.m. on 28/11

6. Hoop-de-Doo Dinner Show at 4.00 p.m. on 30/11

7. Candlelight Processional Dinner at Marrakesh at 4.00pm on 3/12

Are these choices good bearing in mind there are quite a lot of limitations on what is available to reserve at present!

I was also thinking of having early lunch somewhere on 2/12 as I have an early start for the Magic of Trains and will miss breakfast. I don't know whether to try to book something which could be very difficult or use one of my Quick Service meals. Anyone have any opinions on what might be nice please?

I wanted to do the Fantasmic Dinner Package but am told it is booked out through my 14 day stay. I have been advised to keep checking with the Concierge at Port Orleans, does anyone know if this is a worthwhile thing or would I just be wasting my time? Also I have been offered the 50's restaurant at a time which appears to be AFTER the park closes. Would I still be able to get from the Park to my hotel by Disney bus once I had eaten, even if this means going via Downtown Disney.

As I am travelling alone, I am interested to know opinions on if these restaurants will make me stand out like a sore thumb! I have tried to pick more "adult themed" ones, but any reassurances you can offer on my choices would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Megabear2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
shortnsassy730
Mouseketeer

I don't think you will stick out as a single diner. Lots of people travel solo in the World. I can comment on the places i've been that you have listed.

Though its not talked about on the boards alot, Marrakesh is probable one of my top three favorite restaurants in EPCOT. But, i love meditrannean food. I quite enjoy the harissa soup, any of the skewers, the salmon with hummus, and their mint tea. Also, they have a belly dancer who performs during the day.

Cali Grill is excellent. I have not been since the recent refurb, but its is wonderful. I've never sampled anything there that I did not think was great.

I have never done the Dine with an Imagineer, but I have dined at Brown Derby. I've never had anything bad, but some things haven't been amazing. However, if you are a pork chop person lol, it's one of the best i've ever had.

I don't know the exact bus schedule, but I am pretty sure they run for a while. Lots of folks have reservations at DHS and EPCOT pretty close to closing time.

Have an amazing trip!!
shortnsassy730 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #3
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

You may want to check to see if anything is available at The Wave at the Contemporary for your early lunch. It's a nice quiet restaurant and I had a nice time dining alone there. There waitstaff was very attentive.

After your dinner in the park, Disney will make sure there is a bus available so that you can return to your resort. Sometimes it will stop at more than one resort, but, you won't have to worry about finding your way back.

You have a great listing of restaurants! Have a wonderful trip!
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean

Last edited by Itinkso; 10-17-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #4
akaler2010
Mouseketeer

I think those are great choices. I know we make a point to go to Margaritaville every time we go to Universal. The food is ok, but the atmosphere is cool, drinks are great, and they have awesome live music in the evenings!
akaler2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #5
DisneyMommy9
Mouseketeer

My son and I did Kouzinna for Thanksgiving dinner last year. While we did not have the traditional Thanksgiving dinner most everyone around us did. I heard no complaints and it looked amazing.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaler2010 View Post
I think those are great choices. I know we make a point to go to Margaritaville every time we go to Universal. The food is ok, but the atmosphere is cool, drinks are great, and they have awesome live music in the evenings!
Old 10-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #7
Jenny Sanders
DIS Veteran

Those are EXCELLENT choices!
Jenny Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: