Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-16-2013, 10:15 PM   #1381
aym4Him
DIS Veteran
 
aym4Him's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 537

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeCordial View Post
I hear ya. That's when I officially (and begrudgingly) become a Disney Sherpa.
Hahaha! We will have the stroller, so I'm thankful for that. We'll be minus the 3 extra pairs of hands we had last year, though (inlaws)...this is bound to be a "culture shock" for us having to navigate without that extra help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
I really hate being hot, but I very rarely get cold unless I have forgotten to take my thyroid meds and then I can't get warm. Fall is definitely my favorite time of year. Love the crisp nights and the smell of falling leaves.

We will probably swim as long as it is above 60 degrees and we would go in the hot tub as long as it is above 30 degrees. Have I mentioned that I love water? Only time I don't hurt is when I'm in it.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to with the iffy weather is having to have jackets for the kids.
I sparkly heart love fall!!! I love it mostly b/c it leads up to Christmas! But, I do enjoy the weather. I'd rather bundle up than wish I could run around naked (haaaaaaa ).

Wow- I love water, but I'm not swimmin if I'm not sweating before I get in!! I don't like being cold as far as water is concerned. Hot tub, I can do. The most adventurous I've ever been was swimming in a heated pool in Colorado where it was so cold, icicles formed on my eyelashes/eyebrows when I came up out of the water! It was craaaaazy getting out and getting warm again! While in the water, it was super-nice, though!!
__________________
Our Family: Dillon (DH), Amy (me), and Ethan (Wish Kid Alumni)

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:24 PM   #1382
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,641

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeCordial View Post
I hear ya. That's when I officially (and begrudgingly) become a Disney Sherpa.
At home I'm more likely to throw my phone and a credit card in my pocket and go rather than carry a bag, but I do have a small messenger bag type pocket book when I have to carry something. Since I normally have a minivan nearby fully stocked with anything anyone might need ever, I don't feel the need to carry much. However, now we will be sans minivan and sans stroller. I don't want to be a sherpa but it looks like I will be one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
Hahaha! We will have the stroller, so I'm thankful for that. We'll be minus the 3 extra pairs of hands we had last year, though (inlaws)...this is bound to be a "culture shock" for us having to navigate without that extra help.

I sparkly heart love fall!!! I love it mostly b/c it leads up to Christmas! But, I do enjoy the weather. I'd rather bundle up than wish I could run around naked (haaaaaaa ).

Wow- I love water, but I'm not swimmin if I'm not sweating before I get in!! I don't like being cold as far as water is concerned. Hot tub, I can do. The most adventurous I've ever been was swimming in a heated pool in Colorado where it was so cold, icicles formed on my eyelashes/eyebrows when I came up out of the water! It was craaaaazy getting out and getting warm again! While in the water, it was super-nice, though!!
Yeah, me running around naked would scare people. Don't forget that the Disney pools are all heated so it's not so bad as long as you have a towel and a cover-up handy. Personally I love being in a hot tub when it's snowing. It is so cool being in that warm bubble of hot air with the snow coming down around you. I haven't gotten to do that in years.
__________________
Sheilby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-16-2013, 10:56 PM   #1383
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
At home I'm more likely to throw my phone and a credit card in my pocket and go rather than carry a bag, but I do have a small messenger bag type pocket book when I have to carry something. Since I normally have a minivan nearby fully stocked with anything anyone might need ever, I don't feel the need to carry much. However, now we will be sans minivan and sans stroller. I don't want to be a sherpa but it looks like I will be one.



Yeah, me running around naked would scare people. Don't forget that the Disney pools are all heated so it's not so bad as long as you have a towel and a cover-up handy. Personally I love being in a hot tub when it's snowing. It is so cool being in that warm bubble of hot air with the snow coming down around you. I haven't gotten to do that in years.
Ok get that idea of hot tub and snow out of our head. It will only be snowing in a few locations in the park and they don't have hot tubs there!!!
And if it snows in Florida the week I'm there (which I believe is your week too) I will know to be coming and looking for you!!! NO SNOW!
The temps I see predicted are actually warmer than it was today and I could tolerate these temps.

I agree I rather put on a coat than be sweating. I don't do when with sweat and hot sun. It saps the energy out of me and makes me eat more ice cream which is just another complicated issue. I'll plan for layers.
__________________

2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)


WAITING FOR THE NEXT DREAM COME TRUE PLANNING!
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:59 PM   #1384
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,641

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Ok get that idea of hot tub and snow out of our head. It will only be snowing in a few locations in the park and they don't have hot tubs there!!!
And if it snows in Florida the week I'm there (which I believe is your week too) I will know to be coming and looking for you!!! NO SNOW!
The temps I see predicted are actually warmer than it was today and I could tolerate these temps.

I agree I rather put on a coat than be sweating. I don't do when with sweat and hot sun. It saps the energy out of me and makes me eat more ice cream which is just another complicated issue. I'll plan for layers.

OK, I won't say the s word anymore.
__________________
Sheilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:03 PM   #1385
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
I posted this before, but only Coconuts responded and she offered the exact opposite advice of what everyone said on the restaurant board. Now I'm confused. I need more input. Speak up people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post
I really hate being hot, but I very rarely get cold unless I have forgotten to take my thyroid meds and then I can't get warm. Fall is definitely my favorite time of year. Love the crisp nights and the smell of falling leaves.

We will probably swim as long as it is above 60 degrees and we would go in the hot tub as long as it is above 30 degrees. Have I mentioned that I love water? Only time I don't hurt is when I'm in it.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to with the iffy weather is having to have jackets for the kids.
I've never been to CM but love CP.
I don't like being hot and usually can find a way to warm up.
My biggest issue is having to carry a jacket during the day if I don't have plans to go back to the room. I originally thought if I leave without one I'll just buy a sweatshirt at night, but um 7 nights of buying a sweatshirt isn't going to work. I'll be packing the ponchos but really hope it's not raining enough to need one.

And no I'm not banking on what the weather is this far out. Just nice to know it could be warmer than what I'm getting here.

Sweet dreams everyone. It's that time again.

hugs!
__________________

2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)


WAITING FOR THE NEXT DREAM COME TRUE PLANNING!
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:50 AM   #1386
Coconuts
DIS Veteran
 
Coconuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Haddonfield, NJ
Posts: 2,887

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheilby View Post

I really hate being hot, but I very rarely get cold unless I have forgotten to take my thyroid meds and then I can't get warm. Fall is definitely my favorite time of year. Love the crisp nights and the smell of falling leaves.

We will probably swim as long as it is above 60 degrees and we would go in the hot tub as long as it is above 30 degrees. Have I mentioned that I love water? Only time I don't hurt is when I'm in it.

The only thing I'm not looking forward to with the iffy weather is having to have jackets for the kids.
Been there twice in November and its great. I am extremely intolerant of the heat and get totally unreasonable if I can't cool off. The weather is perfect in November. Yes we may have to carry a jacket for later, which I hate also, but I can deal with that concession for the nice weather. Usually we had a stroller to stick the coats in but I don't know if we are bringing one this year.

And I'm the only one going with CP over CM? I guess the ADR time is a sticking point. 7:45 may be a little too late, which is why I said to try and check in early. If seeing the fireworks is a deal breaker, then the CM time may be better.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(10) DD(6) DD(0) DDog
2013 POR ; 2012 DCL Magic ; 2011 POR ; 2011 POP ; 2009 CBR ; 2007 POR ; 2006 Poly ; 1998 CSR ; 1993 Offsite-Royal Plaza ; 1986 Offsite-Hyatt Regency ; 1983 CR ; 1979 CR
Coconuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #1387
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran
 
Tltorrez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 2,953

Touring Plans just made a major update to the crowd calendar methodology.

http://feedly.com/k/1aQO5bt

I like these changes a lot. It gives a much better picture of what each number means. Also, they still count different things than easywdw (Josh includes more than just attraction wait times) but now I think the scales are at least comparable. And they got rid of the ridiculous recommendations and the 7-day rule. Not that I used those anyway.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:39 AM   #1388
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Touring Plans just made a major update to the crowd calendar methodology.

http://feedly.com/k/1aQO5bt

I like these changes a lot. It gives a much better picture of what each number means. Also, they still count different things than easywdw (Josh includes more than just attraction wait times) but now I think the scales are at least comparable. And they got rid of the ridiculous recommendations and the 7-day rule. Not that I used those anyway.
Still at 2, 3, 4 so I'm happy! Going with the flow of those numbers.
Thanks!
__________________

2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)


WAITING FOR THE NEXT DREAM COME TRUE PLANNING!
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:00 AM   #1389
LimeCordial
Mouseketeer
 
LimeCordial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 264

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post

Still at 2, 3, 4 so I'm happy! Going with the flow of those numbers.
Thanks!
That's it. I'm done with these crowd calendars. I think I just told this new one to fart off. Out loud.

They just upped the crowd levels for half our trip. I can't see the earlier half (Nov 11-14). Also, all 3 calendars I looked at disagree with each other.

It is what it is.
LimeCordial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #1390
Sheilby
Labels aren't my thing
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
Been there twice in November and its great. I am extremely intolerant of the heat and get totally unreasonable if I can't cool off. The weather is perfect in November. Yes we may have to carry a jacket for later, which I hate also, but I can deal with that concession for the nice weather. Usually we had a stroller to stick the coats in but I don't know if we are bringing one this year.

And I'm the only one going with CP over CM? I guess the ADR time is a sticking point. 7:45 may be a little too late, which is why I said to try and check in early. If seeing the fireworks is a deal breaker, then the CM time may be better.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I'm totally with you on the heat thing, I'm completely unreasonable if I can't cool down. I still don't know what I'm going to do about a stroller. My youngest is such a drama king, but he weighs 67 pounds so cheaper strollers are out and the idea of dropping that much money on one of the parks double strollers makes me cringe (single are only rated to 50 pounds).

When I posted the CM vs CP on the restaurant thread all the votes (as of last night, didn't check there yet today) were for CM. They said they would totally pick the Fab 5 over Winnie and friends and everyone seemed to think 7:45 was too late. Plus most people felt that CP only had a slight edge over CM for food and that CM was a must do. If one of the times were for 6-7 this would be a no brainer, but neither time is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Touring Plans just made a major update to the crowd calendar methodology.

http://feedly.com/k/1aQO5bt

I like these changes a lot. It gives a much better picture of what each number means. Also, they still count different things than easywdw (Josh includes more than just attraction wait times) but now I think the scales are at least comparable. And they got rid of the ridiculous recommendations and the 7-day rule. Not that I used those anyway.
I can't believe they got rid of decimals, I like decimals, makes it feel more exact. I read through the changes and I like how they are going to assign the numbers now. The old way of forcing the lowest 10th into the 1 category and the highest into the 10 category made no sense since crowds don't divide up nicely into 10% chunks.
__________________
Sheilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #1391
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran
 
Tltorrez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 2,953

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeCordial View Post
That's it. I'm done with these crowd calendars. I think I just told this new one to fart off. Out loud. They just upped the crowd levels for half our trip. I can't see the earlier half (Nov 11-14). Also, all 3 calendars I looked at disagree with each other. It is what it is.
Note that the expected crowds did not increase for those days. The numbers just mean something different now. And honestly I think the meaning of the numbers is easier to understand now. Of course, if you used it often enough that you know what certain numbers "felt like", then you have to readjust.
Tltorrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #1392
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,024

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeCordial View Post
That's it. I'm done with these crowd calendars. I think I just told this new one to fart off. Out loud.

They just upped the crowd levels for half our trip. I can't see the earlier half (Nov 11-14). Also, all 3 calendars I looked at disagree with each other.

It is what it is.
Honestly does it really matter at this point. We are booked and ready to go. Our ADRs are made, our FP+ in place. Not like you will change your dates and really from what I could see, there isn't a huge change from one day to the next between parks.

For me even a 3 vs 5 isn't going to be any deal breaker.
Now I'm very glad to see that by the time I leave the numbers get a lot higher but all the crowd calendars told us that before anyway.

We are all going to have a fabulous vacation. No matter what!
__________________

2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)


WAITING FOR THE NEXT DREAM COME TRUE PLANNING!
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #1393
Andie272
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lindenhurst NY
Posts: 239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
Note that the expected crowds did not increase for those days. The numbers just mean something different now. And honestly I think the meaning of the numbers is easier to understand now. Of course, if you used it often enough that you know what certain numbers "felt like", then you have to readjust.
Can somebody who has a subscription post the numbers for Nov 11-16 please.
__________________
Andie Ted DH Emily DD10

2006 - All Star Music
2009 - Coronado Springs
2013 -Caribbean Beach Resort
Andie272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #1394
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran
 
CaraMiaBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Posts: 1,202

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeCordial View Post

Good plan

I've got our nifty rain ponchos from last time I'm throwing in as well. It's tradition
I actually have yellow Disney ponchos from YEARS ago. They will definitely have to become a tradition now that we have kids!
__________________
ME , DH , DS8 , DS 6 , DD4

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.




April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #1395
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran
 
CaraMiaBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Posts: 1,202

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeCordial View Post

I make plans/itineraries to alleviate stress (but am pretty cool about things changing during a trip). Weather is a thorn in my side

However, weather makes me nervous. I reeeeeeay dislike being cold and hot. I'm a spring and fall kinda gal. I also dislike packing with a fiery passion. It's a recipe for an inappropriate grown-up freak out around here :P
So totally agree about the packing. Nothing gets DH and I worked up quite like packing for a trip. I am trying to avoid this this time around. : )
__________________
ME , DH , DS8 , DS 6 , DD4

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.




April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: