Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #916
wzd081
Earning My Ears

Awesome. I like that it's there for the option, but I really wanted to be able to use the elevator in the main building to access my room from the Monorail. I really appreciate this information.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #917
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

mickeynut - sounds like there are a lot of us crazies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzd081 View Post
Awesome. I like that it's there for the option, but I really wanted to be able to use the elevator in the main building to access my room from the Monorail. I really appreciate this information.
You are very welcome, that's what we're here for! I absolutely agree, going right to your room off the monorail is a huge perk of RPC.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #918
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
mickeynut - sounds like there are a lot of us crazies!
I guess you can say it's a good kind of crazy (if there is such a thing ).

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #919
meredith1
DIS Veteran

This has been a great conversation regarding the deluxe room categories. I'm so glad that it's here for the future. I had been in a whirl of confusion. Thank you for clearing it all up-you guys are the best!!!!!

DD 5 yrs twin DD & DS 3 yrs
Old 10-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #920
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I need some help regarding RPC deluxe rooms. We had to make some changes to our December trip which resulted in pushing our cruise back until next year, along with changing our resort stays. I was originally thinking of going over Mother's Day, but with the new promo that was just released, it's hard to pass up a 35% discount at deluxes for March without knowing if anything will be offered for May. I tried to get my oldest to agree to BWI, but it wasn't happening without good CS options ......so the MK area it is. The CR wasn't available for our dates (we'll try that next December ) and with the Poly pool closing April-August (construction wouldn't be an issue, but the pool being closed is a deal breaker for us), that leaves the GF (but that's not a bad thing......LOL). My intention was to book a standard RPC room, but the only thing available under the discount was a deluxe room, so I booked it. I'm not familiar with the deluxe rooms and was wondering where they are located? Also, are any deluxe rooms close to the lounge? TIA for any information .
Oh, I see you made some changes to your trip, Mickeynut, but being at the GF in March can't be a bad thing! You just have to make your paper chain calendar (like in kindergarten) somewhat longer! Sorry about that..

Old 10-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #921
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
k&a&c'smom What do you know..we were posting at the some time....
What's up with you two?? Are you both telepathic? (hello, Blue... been gone a few days and I'm catching up also; and BTW, you are among the multi-quoting legends on here! ) Me too...sorry our trips aren't overlapping!

Ahcupcake, LOL on your "fantasy trip"!! Now, that's some luxury...

Last edited by grannyminnie; 10-16-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #922
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No changes so far.....I'm staying strong with that deluxe room . As much as I want to try Poly CL, the volcano pool being refurbed is a deal breaker for me and the CR isn't available for our dates (at least not the room category I want .....and you know my Epcot resort dilemma ). Plus the thought of all of that extra space in the GF room is very appealing.....not that the standard rooms are small, but the extra room in the deluxe will be very nice to have .

I guess I'm in that category then . I thought I was the only crazy one who kept those......good to see I'm not .
Add me to the list of crazies....

Old 10-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #923
ahcupcake
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
What's up with you two?? Are you both telepathic? (hello, Blue... been gone a few days and I'm catching up also; and BTW, you are among the multi-quoting legends on here! ) Me too...sorry our trips aren't overlapping!

Yes it is...You're welcome to join us as we'll be there at the same time Actually we would have done that if we were to have won the giant Powerball over the summer.........Back to actual trips...I see that you're going soon get packing! Sad that you and Blue won't be able to meet up

Quote:
My youngest is pretty easy going and even if he says not to stay at an Epcot resort, he would go with the flow and be fine with it if that's what we did. My oldest, however.....nothing doing....he's a little more difficult . I do love the MK area and you can't beat the GF, so it's all good. We have stayed at the BC and while we did like SAB, we can take it or leave it. Our favorite is the volcano pool at the Poly, followed by the WL and AKL pools. We are not in the "SAB is the best pool on property" group .

Hi ahcupcake ....glad you're feeling better. I hope you're having a relaxing evening of tv watching . I always want to book the YC (or BWI) as we've only tried the BC on that side, but we do love the MK area so I have to admit that even if my DS gave the go ahead, I would second guess myself....LOL. I would probably go with it just to try something new, but I would wish I was on the monorail. LOL on booking the YC and then switching to RPC......the GF is an amazing resort and there really isn't anything like RPC .
Glad your youngest DS can just go with the flow...At the ripe old age 29 I'm still an MK kind of girl.......My only complaint about BC was the size of the lounge, plus it didn't help the was one guy hogging every chair waiting for the rest of his group to show up which almost an hour after we asked for 1 chair...How Rude!...........Thanks..Yep relax by watching tv or reading some trashy book or some equally trashy fan fiction written about one of my fave tv shows ......We did 2 nights at BWI 3 yrs ago of course that trip was lots of moving then on F&G trip we had 2 nights at BC followed by 3 nights at the GF with another fab upgrade.......Yeah can't get away from the GF fell in love with it 25 years ago....Guess the only way for mom & I to try new resorts is a split stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post

ahcupcake Hey girl! Glad you are feeling better. Off topic .Saw DWTS too...What an upset in the ballroom! Ok back on...Very nice fantasy trip..I hope that you can get back to your fave ..the GF soon!

Don't know how I forgot to mention this yesterday....doing the single digit dance!!!!!!! woohoo!!!
Hey! Off topic I was happy with who went home............I know it is fab, hope that we get to spend time you, Flora or is it Fauna & Merryweather ........Happy Dance get packing
Old 10-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #924
bama belle
Mouseketeer

Hi! I have enjoyed reading this thread lately! We are about to book our trip tomorrow and having never stayed at the GF I am trying to figure out which building would be best for us. There are nine of us going, so we will be booking two rooms. I am booking a lagoon view room for my mom and I. We would like to be close to the pools and the main building, but my mom is worried about noise at night. Is the lagoon view side of Big Pine Key very noisy? Any other suggestions for the perfect spot to request? TIA

Old 10-16-2013, 11:31 PM   #925
cat83
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!
I also have a similar question as bama_belle.

We've stayed at the GF before, but never a lagoon view room. What is everyone's favorite lagoon view location, and why?

We are thinking requesting Conch Key for the location, and ability to hear MK sounds.

Where is our best chance of getting a Lagoon View that is actually obstructed MK view?

(and bama_belle- in my experience, Big Pine Key is lovely and quieter than the rest of the resort!)
Old 10-17-2013, 08:36 AM   #926
Hisgirl
DIS Veteran

We'll be checking in on Sunday afternoon. I requested big pine key upper floor as I wanted mama and daddy to be close to the restaurants and rail line. Can someone advise what to do if we get to our room and we're looking at the back of that proverbial building? Should I say something when we check in?

I've never been there and don't know what to say or ask for or request at checkin. I hope we are given a nice room but am clueless as to any requests.

I mentioned it earlier, but has anyone been getting any upgrades lately?
Old 10-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #927
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess you can say it's a good kind of crazy (if there is such a thing ).

Quote:
Add me to the list of crazies....

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
This has been a great conversation regarding the deluxe room categories. I'm so glad that it's here for the future. I had been in a whirl of confusion. Thank you for clearing it all up-you guys are the best!!!!!
It's a great group, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama belle View Post
Hi! I have enjoyed reading this thread lately! We are about to book our trip tomorrow and having never stayed at the GF I am trying to figure out which building would be best for us. There are nine of us going, so we will be booking two rooms. I am booking a lagoon view room for my mom and I. We would like to be close to the pools and the main building, but my mom is worried about noise at night. Is the lagoon view side of Big Pine Key very noisy? Any other suggestions for the perfect spot to request? TIA
We've been on the lagoon side of BPK and it was very quiet, but that was prior to the DVC construction. Now that the building is nearly complete, I think it will likely return to its serene atmosphere.

None of the buildings at the GF are very far away from anything else, it's a fairly compact resort. Do you prefer to look at the Poly, or have a more panoramic view of the lagoon, including some of the MK, CR and Poly? If the latter, you would be better off to request Boca Chica.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat83 View Post
Hi everyone!

We've stayed at the GF before, but never a lagoon view room. What is everyone's favorite lagoon view location, and why?

We are thinking requesting Conch Key for the location, and ability to hear MK sounds.

Where is our best chance of getting a Lagoon View that is actually obstructed MK view?

(and bama_belle- in my experience, Big Pine Key is lovely and quieter than the rest of the resort!)
We don't book lagoon, as we feel the garden view is nicer for a cheaper price. We love looking at the courtyard and/or other GF buildings, and if you prefer to look at water you can ask for a marina view - it is considered a "garden view"!

As I mentioned to bama belle, Boca Chica is a good all around location and many posters seem to get great lagoon view rooms there. Often, they end up with a partial view of the MK.

We love Conch Key, but I'm not sure how many of the rooms in that building are still considered lagoon view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisgirl View Post
We'll be checking in on Sunday afternoon. I requested big pine key upper floor as I wanted mama and daddy to be close to the restaurants and rail line. Can someone advise what to do if we get to our room and we're looking at the back of that proverbial building? Should I say something when we check in?

I've never been there and don't know what to say or ask for or request at checkin. I hope we are given a nice room but am clueless as to any requests.

I mentioned it earlier, but has anyone been getting any upgrades lately?
Almost there, woohoo!! You can certainly ask about the location of the room at check in, and the last time we were there, the CM was able to see the room view on their computer monitor. Even so, you could get to the room and have a view you do not like - in which case, I would tell the bellman and/or call the front desk right away. Try not to use anything in the room, as they will need to have housekeeping return if anything is changed.

I haven't heard about upgrades recently.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 10-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #928
bama belle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post

It's a great group, isn't it?

We've been on the lagoon side of BPK and it was very quiet, but that was prior to the DVC construction. Now that the building is nearly complete, I think it will likely return to its serene atmosphere.

None of the buildings at the GF are very far away from anything else, it's a fairly compact resort. Do you prefer to look at the Poly, or have a more panoramic view of the lagoon, including some of the MK, CR and Poly? If the latter, you would be better off to request Boca Chica.

We don't book lagoon, as we feel the garden view is nicer for a cheaper price. We love looking at the courtyard and/or other GF buildings, and if you prefer to look at water you can ask for a marina view - it is considered a "garden view"!

As I mentioned to bama belle, Boca Chica is a good all around location and many posters seem to get great lagoon view rooms there. Often, they end up with a partial view of the MK.

We love Conch Key, but I'm not sure how many of the rooms in that building are still considered lagoon view.

Almost there, woohoo!! You can certainly ask about the location of the room at check in, and the last time we were there, the CM was able to see the room view on their computer monitor. Even so, you could get to the room and have a view you do not like - in which case, I would tell the bellman and/or call the front desk right away. Try not to use anything in the room, as they will need to have housekeeping return if anything is changed.

I haven't heard about upgrades recently.
Thank you for the insight! I suppose we would rather have a more panoramic view of the lagoon, especially since there will be construction going on at the Poly. Do you think it is still pretty quiet at night on the lagoon side of Boca Chica? Do you get much noise from the boats? Is this building still pretty close to the main building and pools? Sorry for so many questions! I appreciate everyone's replies

Old 10-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #929
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for the insight! I suppose we would rather have a more panoramic view of the lagoon, especially since there will be construction going on at the Poly. Do you think it is still pretty quiet at night on the lagoon side of Boca Chica? Do you get much noise from the boats? Is this building still pretty close to the main building and pools? Sorry for so many questions! I appreciate everyone's replies
No worries, that's why we're here! If there were no questions, it would be a couple pages of text and photos.

We've been on the lagoon side of Boca and did not feel it was at all noisy. The boats do not run all night long, only until an hour after park closing. Most of the noises are pleasant, soothing type things, anyway, like water lapping and birds. If you have the door closed, I don't think you will even hear much of anything!

The courtyard pool is within steps of the entry to Boca, can't get much closer unless you camped out on the pool deck. The beach pool is a short walk away - 3-4 minutes, maybe?

All outer buildings are within a few minutes walk of the main bldg. Take a look at the map in the first post on the first page - from the door of Boca to the back door of the main bldg. is about 3 minutes, tops. It used to be even shorter when you could cut through the pool area, but it is still a short walk.

HTH! If you have any further questions, or need clarification, don't hesitate to ask.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #930
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredith1 View Post
I agree ..great thread for GF info...and a rally helpful bunch of gals...

Quote:

Thank you for your kind words grannyminnie...You know that I need to multiquote to remember what I wanted to post!!! LOL... k&a&c and I have been on a roll..LOL..

So are you starting to pack..are you ready for a new GF/WDW adventure!! Its almost time!!

Quote:
Congratulations on booking the GF for the very first time!! Sounds like you have made a very good choice..Big Pine is close to both pools and the main building...as for noise..I dont think you really will hear any in the room at night..its never been an issue for us...I think that the rooms are pretty well insulated?? Happy planning..Have a GRAND trip!

Quote:
Hi everyone!

I dont really have that much experience with LV rooms...I thought Conch was considered TPV?? But I am not sure..Maybe some else here has more info on this?? I would say that Boca Chica would have more of a possiblilty of having a room in th LV category that would have a partial MK view?? Or maybe BPK?? I sure do love those MK sounds too...and enjoy sitting out on the balcony just listening to them...

Hey k&a&c'smom! Slept in a bit today...otherwise I know we would have been posting at the same time!

I didnt realize that you could ask the CMs to check the view before you get to the room..thats great... Probably saves them from having to move peeps after they are all checked in...

I do think tho that if you are not happy with a particular room..going right back to the desk is the best way to have it changed...

Mickeynut It was great catching up with you last night ...I thing we were burning up the airwaves..LOL... I know that you and your family will enjoy your next stay at the GF...

Speaking of food..cause its always about the food..and the QS options..cause I know thats important to your fellas.. Have you seen the refurbed Gasparillas yet?? Lots more seating...and much quieter now that the moved all of the games into a game room...

The only thing I noticed was that they stopped printing that nice little daily menu..it was printed on paper that coordinated with the pretty GF stationary.. listed what you what you could get from the general menu..and I think some specials too?? Not positive on that tho... I asked about it last trip and they told me they are not printing them any longer... Was nice to have one in the room to decide what you wanted even before getting to Gaspies... or to send someone..**DH** ..LOL..with a list of things to pick up for the gang!!! Gosh I really do not like change...!

hisgirl As k&a&c pointed out..you can ask about the locations/view right at check in...If it turns out that you are not happy with your room once you get there.. just head on back to the desk and ask for another...the CMs are always very helpful...

ah

And a big hello to the rest of my fellow GF fans! Have a grand Thursday!

Last edited by BlueSkies; 10-17-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: