Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #241
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Just caught up and glad to see the WPE breakfast making a return
Yay for being on the ship and yay for being a platinum member!
I didn't realise your hadn't been on the Fantasy before - can't wait to hear what you though of it
Linda67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #242
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Oh Karin - I bet it was really hard to say good-bye to friends with whom you had had such a great time! I guess boarding the Disney Fantasy had to make it all a bit better though.

I'm trying to figure out what date we are at in your report. I'm guessing that the cruise we were on was the second of your back-to-back cruises, right?
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #243
HowieHowie
Mouseketeer

I'm so happy you had a great time with Jeff, Lily, Molly and Phillip. They really are a wonderful family. Your wave dinner looks delicious. Great way to end the evening...watching Wishes from BLT. WPE breakfast looks so good, still haven't eaten there yet. What a beautiful site.... the Disney Fantasy. Can't wait to read more!!
Old 10-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #244
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Those Godiva shots look like the bomb-diggity

Time for the cruise
The Godiva shots looked pretty good and Jeff gave them the

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
The breakfast looks extremely good and a nice way to spend those last few minutes with friends.

I'm excited to see pictures of the Fantasy!
We just love WPE for breakfast and it was fun to see Jeff and his family again before heading to Port Canaveral.
We were so excited to board the Fantasy and stay on for 2 weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Those breakfast meals looked yummy and such cute pi of the kids getting soaked !!! Souinds like your cruise is off to a great start!!!
We had such fun watching the kids getting soaked and the WPE breakfast is a tradition before we head to Port Canaveral.
We loved our cruises this summer and had quite a few magical surprises.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #245
Teri1
DIS Veteran

Hi Karin! Just got caught on your trip report. You had a great time so far and now looking forward to seeing your pictures of the Fantasy.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #246
teatah
Earning My Ears

I am loving your trip report! I cannot wait to read the remainder.

WDW: off site '93, Dixie Landings '96, ASMo '00, '04, '06, '08, Pop '09, '10, '12, AKL '11, AoA '12, OKW '14
DCL: Dream '11 & '13, Magic '13, Wonder '14,
teatah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #247
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Just caught up and glad to see the WPE breakfast making a return
Yay for being on the ship and yay for being a platinum member!
I didn't realise your hadn't been on the Fantasy before - can't wait to hear what you though of it
It would not be the same if we wouldn't have breakfast at WPE before a cruise.
I can't really believe we have already made it to be Platinum Castaway Members. Especially since we only started cruising in 2009.

Yes, that was our first cruise on the Fantasy. And even though we knew what to expect from our many cruises on the Dream, we were in awe when we got on board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Oh Karin - I bet it was really hard to say good-bye to friends with whom you had had such a great time! I guess boarding the Disney Fantasy had to make it all a bit better though.

I'm trying to figure out what date we are at in your report. I'm guessing that the cruise we were on was the second of your back-to-back cruises, right?
Saying goodbye to Jeff and his lovely family was very hard. We had so been looking forward to seeing them again for a long time and it was over FAR too soon.
Roni, the date we are at at the TR is always above the actual trip report - now our embarkation day was August 10 - you were on the second one of the back to back cruises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieHowie View Post
I'm so happy you had a great time with Jeff, Lily, Molly and Phillip. They really are a wonderful family. Your wave dinner looks delicious. Great way to end the evening...watching Wishes from BLT. WPE breakfast looks so good, still haven't eaten there yet. What a beautiful site.... the Disney Fantasy. Can't wait to read more!!
Seeing Jeff and his family again was just so wonderful. All that was missing was you and your family!
It was a lovely day and watching Wishes from BLT was wonderful, especially since the kids seemed to enjoy it so much as well.

We really love the Fantasy, but then, we love the Dream too and the Wonder ......... oh yeah, and in the summer I will say the same about the Magic, I am sure.
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

Old 10-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #248
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Oh Karin!!!!! You can't stop there! I need pictures of inside th ship!!!!!!
My sentiments exactly!
Old 10-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #249
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri1 View Post
Hi Karin! Just got caught on your trip report. You had a great time so far and now looking forward to seeing your pictures of the Fantasy.
Yeah, great to know that you are caught up with everything, Teresa.
How's princess Lily? I hope you spoil her royally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatah View Post
I am loving your trip report! I cannot wait to read the remainder.
Welcome to my trip report! I am glad to hear that you enjoy it ..... there is LOTS more to come!

Old 10-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #250
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Day 4, August 10

A sad Goodbye and off we go ÖÖ.. - Part 2

And after a little more friendly chit chat we headed to the Enchanted Garden for lunch. We walked downstairs, were handed a wipe to clean our hands and got in line. There were several Cast Members guarding the entrance and we were only allowed to walk up to the podium one family at a time. But it was still pretty early, so we had no problem and were led to a table within a minute.
We put our carry-ons under the table, ordered some drinks and were soon walking over to the buffet. Itís fun how the different lanyards they hand out are ice-breakers for the cast members. The cast member handing out the plates commented on our black lanyards and we talked about the DCL ships while we waited our turn at the buffet. But soon we had filled our plates with yummy food and returned to the table. Tom had filled his plate with mash, roast beef, asparagus and carrots, some wraps, shrimp and I guess some other yummy things.

I wasnít all that hungry, so my plate was less full, but I had chosen some really tasty bacon wrapped salmon, coleslaw mixed with tiny shrimp, olives, a wrap, shrimp and some asparagus, carrots and snap peas.

When we returned to our table our drinks were already there and we were happy to enjoy our meal. Our server came by, asking if we had found everything to our liking, then asking which rotation we were in and what our table number was. Once he knew, he smiled and told us that we were only a few tables away from the tables he would be serving, so we would be seeing him again. He told us about how long he had been with the company and which ships he had already sailed on and you could tell, that he liked his job. Bellies full we handed our server a tip, got our carry-ons out from under the table again and headed upstairs.
There was one more thing we needed to have taken care of. We needed to get to Royal Court to check on our table assignment for dinner. I had requested a table for two and was not sure if we had been granted it or not. So we got in line in front of the restaurant, which had not opened up by then. About 10 minutes after we had gotten in line the doors were opened and a cast member directed everyone to the right dining room managers. We were second in line for the main dining rooms and quickly seated. And it only took about 1 minute to describe what we were there for and to get the answer we had hoped for. We had been assigned a table for two. Yippie.
Next stop guest services, to sign up for the galley tour and tastings. Again, we got in line and were soon handed our tickets for it. There were only about 10 minutes left until we would be able to get into our stateroom, so we headed to the midship elevator, but it was too crowded and we decided to walk to the aft elevator which would get us closer to our stateroom anyway. There was a uniformed cast member at the entrance of Animatorís Palate, who was pointing guests towards the elevators and right after we had past her, something hit me and I turned around. I looked at her and she looked at me and smiled. And then it came to me why she looked so familiar. She had been our server at Palo the year before on the Dream. So I asked if it was her and indeed she had been our server. We all hugged and exchanged a few more words before we waved goodbye and headed over to the elevator.
Up we went to deck eight, waited about five minutes and then we were able to walk to our stateroom. We tapped our card against the reader, opened the door and felt right at home.

We were back, back at our happy place, a Disney cruise ship. There was the Castaway Club welcome gift

right on the bed and a gift basket from our Dreams Unlimited.

We dropped our bags, headed out onto the veranda to check the view, then unpacked our carry-ons, which were mainly filled with drinks and packed everything into the little table and the fridge.
We relaxed for a while and peeked outside our door to see if some of our luggage had arrived and really, it didnít take long and the first one of our four bags had made it to our door. We unpacked and pretty soon it was time to head to the Tube for the DVC presentation. We were handed a folder and some hats and found a table and soon after were served two glasses of sparkling wine.

The presentation was quite nice and we sat, sipped and listened

and when it was over we were handed some DVC mash bags, before we headed back up to our stateroom. There was just a small window of time between the DVC meet and the lifeboat drill and actually we should have gone to the DISmeet, but I could not bring myself to go there, as there were several members who I was not looking forward to meet. So we just skipped it, hauled some more of our luggage inside and did a little more unpacking. About 5 minutes prior to the drill we went downstairs via a ďbackstageĒ stairwell and out to our lifeboat. I had forgotten to bring my sunglasses and was now trying to shade my eyes while being squeezed between strangers. The drill lasted about 15 minutes and then everyone tried to head to the elevators again. Since we didnít want to wait for one we just started to climb the stairs. Finally up on deck 8 we ran into our stateroom host, Raj, from India. He was very sweet and looked like he was new to the job. We introduced ourselves and asked to have the second bed made every day and told him that we were staying on for two weeks.
By then the last one of our luggage had arrived and we could finally put up our Fish Extender and put the magnets on the door. And after having unpacked the last of the suitcases we noticed that it was about time to head up on deck to watch the ship sail out. There were not all that many people on deck 12, so we found a spot and watched the Fantasy pull away from the terminal,

then slowly gliding along the channel

out onto the open sea.

All the while we were waiting for Captain Tom to use one of his Mickey whistles, but nope, everything stayed quiet. It was a sign of whatís to come. We didnít hear these whistles all that much.

To be continued ............

Old 10-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #251
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
My sentiments exactly!
I am working on more updates! Unfortunately real life catches up with me far too often.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #252
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
I am working on more updates! Unfortunately real life catches up with me far too often.
Me too!

Your first day is looking good so far.

You have my curiosity piqued though....were some of the people on your disboard meet not nice? We've been lucky so far with everyone being perfectly lovely on our cruise threads, but I have seen other threads where that's not always the case.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #253
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I hate when real life interferes!

I've had to avoid a Dis meet before due to drama...its sad since I really enjoy getting to know new people via our meet list

Your report is getting me ready for my cruise on Sunday!

Jill in CO
Old 10-16-2013, 08:08 PM   #254
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Your lunch looked delish !!That asparagus looked heavenly !!!I know it was on the Dream from Cabanas !!! Be heading to bed soon have to up VERY early I have a plane to catch to DISNEY!!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #255
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Yay...you on the ship, ready to have some lunch, see your stateroom, etc.

I'm sorry you didn't go to the DIS meet due to others being there.

Lovely gifts that were in your Stateroom.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: