Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #91
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Cape May Cafe & the Clubs

So this was the earliest wake-up call of all our days. We met in the convention center at 7:10 and arrived at Cape May Café for breakfast at 7:30. It was our group and a couple other early bird families and that was it. They gave us 45 minutes to go through the buffet line, eat, and take pictures with the characters. For a group of 50+ this was no small feat but we managed it! I really liked Cape May Café. It was my first time there, the food was good, and I loved seeing the characters in their beach gear!

My favorite!

Our breakfast table for that morning. A little different than usual but it was fun getting to know some of the others in the group.

After breakfast we got a very quick tour of the Yacht and Beach Club. We weren’t able to get into any rooms because we were short on time but we saw the lobbies, pool, and big surprise, the convention center. If I never see another convention center in my life it will be too soon.

Lobby of the Beach Club. I need one of those chairs!

The starfish is a cute touch!

Stormalong Bay, the most awesome Disney pool ever!

The Yacht Club lobby. A bit more refined.

Our mini-tour ended and we were on the bus by 8:30. It takes about an hour to get to Port Canaveral and they wanted us to have plenty of time to see the Dream. We were shown a DCL video on the way over to kill some time and I think I may have dozed off a bit as well. I came back to life once we came into view of the ship.

I can see the Aquaduck!

We passed through security just like regular DCL guests would and proceeded to exchange our driver’s license for a pass that we had to give back at the end of the tour.

I love the Port Canaveral terminal. SO much prettier than NYC!

You pass through these ears to board the ship!

As you walk through you’ll see these signs…

Then you’ll get your ‘Welcome Aboard’ picture taken.

Look who we ran into as he made his way to say hello to guests waiting in the terminal.

That’s all the time I have for right now. Join me next time when we’ll tour the Disney Dream!
Old 10-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #92
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #94
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Never thought about eating at Garden Grill, but I'll have to give it a try sometime!

Can't wait to see the Dream!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #95
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Wow - you really got to see a bit of everything on this trip! Very cool!!
When I went on the Disneyland AEP in 2011 they took us to see the Wonder since it was docked in LA. Disney is great about showing you everything they can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Never thought about eating at Garden Grill, but I'll have to give it a try sometime!

Can't wait to see the Dream!

Definitely try it! It's worth it.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #96
kate_wdw
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say that I'm enjoying your trip report! I can't wait to see the rest of the Dream!
Old 10-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #97
lilbrimomma
Earning My Ears

OMGoodness!! Can not wait to see your tour of the cruise ship!!! Something I really wanna do and have to talk husband into it!! He says " I will only go on a cruise if I can see land! "
Old 10-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #98
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Love your TR. I'm looking forward to your Disney Dream review. I think I'll finally break down and go on a cruise this time next year. I've been reluctant to go on one in the past. For some reason DW asks how much my life insurance is every time we talk about a cruise....I wonder why?

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #99
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate_wdw View Post
Just wanted to say that I'm enjoying your trip report! I can't wait to see the rest of the Dream!
Thank you! Dream post coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbrimomma View Post
OMGoodness!! Can not wait to see your tour of the cruise ship!!! Something I really wanna do and have to talk husband into it!! He says " I will only go on a cruise if I can see land! "
Cruises are great! Can you talk him into a 3 day? You're not TOO far from land. You may be able to see the coastline at least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Love your TR. I'm looking forward to your Disney Dream review. I think I'll finally break down and go on a cruise this time next year. I've been reluctant to go on one in the past. For some reason DW asks how much my life insurance is every time we talk about a cruise....I wonder why?
Thank you! I'm taking my 7th cruise on Sunday. Once you take your first cruise you'll become addicted. Just stay away from Carnival!!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #100
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Disney Dream Part 1

We boarded the ship and the first place they took us was the Walt Disney Theatre. Our guide (I forget her name but she worked for DCL) wanted to take us inside but we werent allowed because of rehearsals. We came back again later but we were again denied. Everything was set up for that nights show, The Golden Mickeys. If any of you have ever sailed on a DCL cruise you know that the entertainment is top notch. If youve never sailed with DCL well then what are you waiting for??

We were taken up to the pool deck next and the first thing I spotted was this Carnival ship. How dare you dock next to the Dream?? Seriously I think their ships are really ugly. Sorry to any Carnival fans out there. It didnt look like very many people were onboard that ship. Not surprising given all the problems Carnival has been having this year.

The adult pool. I love that the bar is part of the pool. They really improved upon the Magic & Wonders adult pool IMO.

I was dying to go on the Aquaduck but sadly we had no time.

Kids Nemo themed splash area near the family pool. They turned the water on right as we were walking by.

Next up were tours of Remy and Palo. Both are beautiful. Ive never been to Remy since thats only on the Dream & Fantasy but I have been to Palo on the Magic. Delicious! Well worth the cover charge.

Palo

Remy. Notice in the second picture the carving of the chair. Can you spot our little rodent chef?

So much wine!

Back outside to see the sports deck. Goofy themed mini-golf. The cute thing about this is that the courses are marked with Goofy and Maxs shoe prints. You can stand on them and try to hit the ball down the course just like they did!

We toured the kids areas next. I thought this little hand washing machines were awesome. The kids stick their hands into it, water shoots up, swirls around, and cleans their hands! Best of all their kid height!

This was by far my favorite room in the kids area.

Yes the kids can change the parts on Mr. Potato Head.

The nursery themed after Its a Small World. I asked if they played the song. I was told no they dont. Lucky kids! Sometimes Ill hang up if that is the hold music when I call Disney&

The atrium. This is where youll enter the ship and be announced by DCL cast members. When you walk on the ship theyll ask your name and then say into the microphone Please welcome the X family! Then the CM will tell you what is open for lunch and direct you there. Its a nice touch!

Vibe the teen club. This spot was really cool! They have their own hot tubs, lucky kids! There were a couple of teenage boys in there while we toured, brothers I assume, and I overheard one of them say Wow, this is awesome. We all know how teenagers can be hard to impress. Good on ya Disney!

Old 10-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #101
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Disney Dream Part 2

Next we toured the adult section of the ship which includes Pink, Skyline, Evolution, and 687. Pink is supposed to look like youre inside of a champagne bottle.

Chandelier made out of champagne flutes.

Skyline was next. The skyline changes every so often to reflect a different city. I wouldnt mind hanging out in here!

687 is the ships sports bar. Its named after what the ships code name was before it became the Dream  687.

Time to see another restaurant. Enchanted Garden is one of the main dining rooms on the Dream. There were lots of people here because it was one of the options open for lunch.

Next was Royal Palace. Another main dining room but this one is a bit more upscale.

The bread basket is Cinderellas coach!

There were pictures of each princess in her maiden and princess form.

And finally the third main dining room.

I liked this restaurant on Wonder and Dream but its much more vibrant on the newer Disney ships. I love the chairs and the table numbers especially. I think they have updated the Magic to reflect this design. Hoping the Wonder will go in for a refurb next.

We also got to see rooms but we werent allowed to take pictures because the rooms werent guest ready yet. We saw an inside stateroom, a couple verandahs, an oceanview but no suites. That was a bummer because when I toured the Magic a couple years back we were shown both the Roy and Walt Disney suites. Oh well!

We had lunch at Cabanas which is the Dreams buffet. It was delicious! They had many options included crab legs which I made a beeline for. The only complaint I had about this day was that they spaced out breakfast and lunch so far apart. We ate breakfast at 7:30 and didnt sit down for lunch until close to 2! Everyone was hungry, cranky, and complaining at that point. I wished theyd split the tour up and took a break for lunch in between. I made sure to mention it when they handed out feedback surveys at the end of our trip. Im sure everyone else did too!

After lunch we met back in the Atrium before disembarking.

Atrium chandelier.

Admiral Donald.

We bid farewell to the Dream, returned our badges, and headed back to the bus. I think I napped most of the way back to WDW. We had one more stop before breaking and heading back to the Grand Floridian. Stay tuned for one more resort tour!
Old 10-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #102
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I love the dress you wore to Cape May! And I must say I'm shocked you all managed to complete breakfast in 45 minutes!!
That sign for the theater is gorgeous! Everything on the ship looks so fancy. And I love the swim up bar in the adult pool!
That Toy Story room is unbelievable! I want to play with Mr. Potato Head's face haha
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #103
jdfmommy
Earning My Ears

Oh great, now I don't just wasn't too do to wdw, I want to go on a Disney Cruise too! I love cruising but I've never tried DCL. Well, another line item on my "someday" list! Have fun on your upcoming cruise!
jdfmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #104
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
I love the dress you wore to Cape May! And I must say I'm shocked you all managed to complete breakfast in 45 minutes!!
That sign for the theater is gorgeous! Everything on the ship looks so fancy. And I love the swim up bar in the adult pool!
That Toy Story room is unbelievable! I want to play with Mr. Potato Head's face haha
Thank you! Believe it or not I got it from Kmart. Cute and affordable!

The ship is gorgeous. All of the Disney ships are. They don't scream Disney but there are subtle touches all over the ship that remind you who you're sailing with. Not to mention the character meet & greets.

They could've left me in the Toy Story room for the rest of the day. I loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfmommy View Post
Oh great, now I don't just wasn't too do to wdw, I want to go on a Disney Cruise too! I love cruising but I've never tried DCL. Well, another line item on my "someday" list! Have fun on your upcoming cruise!
DCL is great. I've sailed with them twice, RCCL once, and this will be my fourth with NCL. Can you tell I like to cruise? DCL is pricey but it's worth it to try it at least once. Hope you get on one of their ships one day!

Thank you!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #105
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Oh, wow - your tour of the Dream made me "homesick" for the Fantasy - we had so much fun on that ship this summer! How cool that you were able to check out so much!
RGirl is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: