Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #1
dawn117
Earning My Ears

How do you book a photo session at a resort?

We are doing a split stay at BC/CR--I thought I read somewhere that some of the resorts have photographers that you can book for a photo session. How do I find the info on that? Thanks!!
dawn117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:40 AM   #2
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn117 View Post
We are doing a split stay at BC/CR--I thought I read somewhere that some of the resorts have photographers that you can book for a photo session. How do I find the info on that? Thanks!!

Photo sessions are no longer booked thru Photopass photographers, you can book, however, thru Disney Event Photography, here's the link to their website http://www.disneyeventphotography.com/portraits/... We did our family photo back in 2010 at the GF when it was run by the photopass folks and were very pleased. My oldest daughter had a photo session thru the event photography folks 2 years ago for her senior pictures at the BC and they came out gorgeous. Some folks will complain that it's pricey as the price did go up but to be honest, we found them to be cheaper than what some of the local photographers in our area were charging for senior portraits.

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2013, 08:12 AM   #3
dawn117
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much!!
Old 10-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #4
crocko's wife
Disney stickers cost us a DVC fortune, but no one is mad

We are going to have a photo session next month with Disney Event Photography in the World Showcase before it opens. We were able to get a discount as DVC members in case that applies to you. Hope you have a magical trip!
June 2001 Disney Honeymoon, Caribbean Beach ~~ May 2002 Road-trip, All-Star Movies ~~ Dec. 2008 Crocko and Wife Pre-Trip and MVMCP, Saratoga Springs ~~ Sep. 2009 Kids' First Trip, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village ~~ Nov. 2009 Crocko and Wife, Old Key West ~~ Nov. 2010 Family Vacation, Beach Club Villas ~~ May 2011 Flower and Garden Festival Crocko and Wife, Wilderness Lodge Villas ~~ Oct. 2011 One more trip before Baby Brother is here, Beach Club Villas ~~ Nov. 2013 It's been two LONG years and Baby's first trip, Bay Lake Tower and Wilderness Lodge Villas
crocko's wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocko's wife View Post
We are going to have a photo session next month with Disney Event Photography in the World Showcase before it opens. We were able to get a discount as DVC members in case that applies to you. Hope you have a magical trip!
Would you happen to know how much of a discount? I was thinking about booking a session as part of my graduation trip.

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #6
taramesu
Earning My Ears

I booked an upcoming photo session through a local professional photographer who is allowed to take photos at all the Disney resort hotels but not in the theme parks. Kimberly Lange is her name and you can check out her Disney related photo sessions on her website: http://www.portrayablephotography.co...ort-portraits/
After comparing the Disney Fine Portrait Photography website and Kimberly's website, I decided I felt more comfortable with Kimberly's work and I've been able to correspond with her multiple times prior to our session. The cost comparison is similar for the Enhanced Disney session but Kimberly's session will also include the CD of the photos and she will spend 1-2 hours with the family. We are scheduled to have our photo session in December and we are looking forward to it.

~ 1st family trip August 2012 Bay Lake Tower ~
~ December 2013 Villas Grand Floridian ~
taramesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
crocko's wife
Disney stickers cost us a DVC fortune, but no one is mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemnerd09 View Post
Would you happen to know how much of a discount? I was thinking about booking a session as part of my graduation trip.
Through DVC, you will get 20% off an Enhanced portrait session and two 5x7 prints. An enhanced session includes the following (from the website):

A Disney Fine Art Portrait creates a family memory to last a lifetime. With our Enhanced Portrait Session we stage your family portrait in your choice of many Disney locations, then make time stand still as our Photographers capture the essence of your family. Finally, our Photographer will enhance your portrait with artist retouches giving you high-quality portrait images.
A one-hour Portrait Session with a Professional Photographer and Assistant
Choice of locations around the Walt Disney World® Resort
Image retouching and artistic enhancements
Disney Creative Portrait Staging
Stylistic Posing
Studio Lighting
Image Enhancements
Individual Attention to Every Final Image
Artistic Enhancements by Disney Retouch Artist
Website posting of images with slide show
A soft cover 6"x 6" proof book customized with your family name!
June 2001 Disney Honeymoon, Caribbean Beach ~~ May 2002 Road-trip, All-Star Movies ~~ Dec. 2008 Crocko and Wife Pre-Trip and MVMCP, Saratoga Springs ~~ Sep. 2009 Kids' First Trip, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village ~~ Nov. 2009 Crocko and Wife, Old Key West ~~ Nov. 2010 Family Vacation, Beach Club Villas ~~ May 2011 Flower and Garden Festival Crocko and Wife, Wilderness Lodge Villas ~~ Oct. 2011 One more trip before Baby Brother is here, Beach Club Villas ~~ Nov. 2013 It's been two LONG years and Baby's first trip, Bay Lake Tower and Wilderness Lodge Villas
crocko's wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:37 AM   #8
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocko's wife View Post
Through DVC, you will get 20% off an Enhanced portrait session and two 5x7 prints. An enhanced session includes the following (from the website):

A Disney Fine Art Portrait creates a family memory to last a lifetime. With our Enhanced Portrait Session we stage your family portrait in your choice of many Disney locations, then make time stand still as our Photographers capture the essence of your family. Finally, our Photographer will enhance your portrait with artist retouches giving you high-quality portrait images.
A one-hour Portrait Session with a Professional Photographer and Assistant
Choice of locations around the Walt Disney World® Resort
Image retouching and artistic enhancements
Disney Creative Portrait Staging
Stylistic Posing
Studio Lighting
Image Enhancements
Individual Attention to Every Final Image
Artistic Enhancements by Disney Retouch Artist
Website posting of images with slide show
A soft cover 6"x 6" proof book customized with your family name!
Thanks for the info.

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #9
dawn117
Earning My Ears

Has anyone done Disney's "mini" photo session ($150)? The website says you get a flash drive with photos, but I was wondering about how many images you get.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #10
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn117 View Post
Has anyone done Disney's "mini" photo session ($150)? The website says you get a flash drive with photos, but I was wondering about how many images you get.
My daughter did the mini photo session (we actually booked her 2 mini photo sessions back-to-back as she wanted to change outfits and it came out cheaper than booking the regular one). With the mini photo shoot, you don't get any prints, just the CD with all the pictures on it. She had over 30 shots taken with each 20 min. session and I will also add that her photographer was awesome, she didn't rush her and my daughter ended up going over her time and there was no extra charge. She had her pictures taken at the BC and she took her everywhere (on the Beach, by the flower gardens, on the shipwreck slide with the lighthouse as her backdrop)...she got some really great shots.

mommyrosa2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: