Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Holy Crack of Dawn....ME ?

Does anyone know how early DME buses run.

My homeward flight takes off at 6:55 am

(It's my March trip I'll be at ASMusic)

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
Frankiemack
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Does anyone know how early DME buses run.

My homeward flight takes off at 6:55 am

(It's my March trip I'll be at ASMusic)
24/7
Frankiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
bookgirl
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankiemack View Post
24/7
cool, next question please.

I'm assuming that I may have to carry on my luggage as the chance of RAC at 3 in the morning is small?

(Pick up is 3 hours ahead, luggage check in at 4 hours ahead if I remember correctly).

Old 10-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Most likely you will need to be at your bus stop, ready to go, by 3:40 am.

Buses do come early, even during the wee hours of the morning. You need to be at the bus stop 15 minutes before the scheduled time, or you may miss the bus. If the bus shows up and no one is waiting, it will leave.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
Frankiemack
Mouseketeer

Quote:
cool, next question please.

I'm assuming that I may have to carry on my luggage as the chance of RAC at 3 in the morning is small?

(Pick up is 3 hours ahead, luggage check in at 4 hours ahead if I remember correctly).
The Resort Airline Check-In desk daily operating hours begin at 5:00 am. Since you must be checked in 3 hours in advance, you can’t use the resort luggage and check-in service for your return to the airport if your flight departs before 8:00 am.

You'll have to carry and check in your own bags at the airport.
Frankiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
bookgirl
Can we say food issues?

I'll be using DME for my Oct trip (only from WDW to MCO) but it's at mid morning.

So I figured it'd be a trial run to using it in March, but that early flight is the only one that actually works for my schedule and it's kinda throwing me for a loop.

Old 10-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #7
bookgirl
Can we say food issues?

I'll probably only have one bag so no big if I have to bring it along.

Thanks guys.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
ajfd
Mouseketeer

Little tip for those early departures:

Consider checking out a day early from your resort and scheduling a ME to the airport that night. Since security is right downstairs, you can literally roll out of bed and get into line.

We did that for a 6:15a departure recently. We checked out before we went to the park on Sunday and checked our luggage in with the concierge (but NOT with ME or the airline checkin).

We came back from the parks around 8p, sat by the pool and had a few drinks and a bite to eat. The ME was sent explicitly for us at 9:25p (only the 4 people in our party were on it). We checked in at the airport hotel, got some sleep, and rolled downstairs at 5a. Much better than getting up at 3a to catch the ME.

(Note that we called ME the night before to schedule our pickup. We asked for 9:30p, they offered 9:25p.)
ajfd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #9
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfd View Post

Consider checking out a day early from your resort and scheduling a ME to the airport that night. Since security is right downstairs, you can literally roll out of bed and get into line.

We did that for a 6:15a departure recently. We checked out before we went to the park on Sunday and checked our luggage in with the concierge (but NOT with ME or the airline checkin).

We came back from the parks around 8p, sat by the pool and had a few drinks and a bite to eat. The ME was sent explicitly for us at 9:25p (only the 4 people in our party were on it). We checked in at the airport hotel, got some sleep, and rolled downstairs at 5a. Much better than getting up at 3a to catch the ME.

(Note that we called ME the night before to schedule our pickup. We asked for 9:30p, they offered 9:25p.)
I totally agree. We don't schedule early flights often but every now and again I do find that the earliest flight home, which is typically at 6:45am, is our best option as after landing in Philadelphia I still have a 2 1/2 hour drive home followed by unpacking, cleaning, grocery shopping, etc.

When I do book that flight I also book a room at MCO's Hyatt for the night prior. You can usually find a good deal on Priceline and other similar websites. Because the flight is so early we aren't missing "Disney Time" and will stay as late as we possibly can at a park the night prior before DME is scheduled to transport us.

It's REALLY convenient to wake up in the airport, and the Hyatt itself is very nice with comfortable beds!

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #10
bookgirl
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfd View Post

Even on Priceline MCO runs over $200. I can live with the crack of dawn at that price.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:18 AM   #11
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Even on Priceline MCO runs over $200. I can live with the crack of dawn at that price.
Hotwire is showing a 4 star hotel at MCO for $71/night through their name your price option.

Me (30) DD (5)
Old 10-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #12
thisismyusername
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb584 View Post
Hotwire is showing a 4 star hotel at MCO for $71/night through their name your price option.
If the OP is at ASMu, I'd stay at Disney until I left, even if it meant leaving at the crack of dawn since the rates are probably fairly comparable (or even higher for the Hyatt).

If I were staying deluxe, yeah, I'd probably do the Hyatt if I had a super early ME departure as it would be cheaper and allow me to sleep later.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #13
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismyusername View Post
If the OP is at ASMu, I'd stay at Disney until I left, even if it meant leaving at the crack of dawn since the rates are probably fairly comparable (or even higher for the Hyatt).

If I were staying deluxe, yeah, I'd probably do the Hyatt if I had a super early ME departure as it would be cheaper and allow me to sleep later.
It all depends on the person! I was just giving an alternative suggestion as a room at the Hyatt would mean not having to board DME at 3:30a. The ASMu rate is definitely comparable to what I found on Hotwire but the convenience of staying in the airport can't be beat.

Me (30) DD (5)
Old 10-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #14
ajfd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I paid $143 a few weeks ago. Price was right from the Hyatt Airport website.
ajfd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:44 AM   #15
Susanne
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Great tip! I'm going to use it for my trip next month!

Wow, I wasn't even looking for this, but I'm so glad I found it! We have a 7:30 a.m. flight home, so the Hyatt will be perfect for us, and we can get a great corporate rate. I'm also thanking my lucky stars that I've been procrastinating on booking our main hotel, otherwise I would have had our last night booked already and would have been stuck with a middle of the night departure from Disney.
2002 Polynesian
1990 Offsite
Susanne is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: