Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-16-2013, 06:45 AM   #1021
MISSYLEXI
Mouseketeer
 
MISSYLEXI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 335

Only 2 more days and I will be at POR.

Does anybody know if you can still do the fastpass+ and fastpass. And if you can have photopass + added to your Magiccband and also get a photopass + card?
__________________
1996-DIXIE LANDINGS (HONEYMOON)
2000-HOUSE OFF-SITE
2003-POR
2004-POR
2005-POR
2006-POR
2007-POR
2008-POR
2013-POR
MISSYLEXI is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #1022
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,861

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
LOL, and apparently even a List of all the lists you have to make.

Andre
Yeah I have a list everyday. So lists are common for me. But sometimes I have lists for lists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfamily5 View Post
Don't forget to notify your credit card company that you are travelling! If you google "Disney ultimate packing list" you will find a very comprehensible list, just cross off the stuff that doesn't apply. Just being on these boards means you are more informed than the average Disney guest . It's cheaper to exchange CDN to US online than going to a tellar. POR is beautiful and my kiddies wouldn't want to stay anywhere else! Make sure to visit Yeehaw Bob! Have a Magical Vacation!!
This is true. A lot of new policies say they can suspend your card if it travels outside of your area and you don't notify them before travel. Supposed to be a way of keeping your card secure in case someone were to take your card and use it without permission. I have that list downloaded also, it seems to cover it all. But drastically needs to be updated with accessories and items that are of this time period. I believe it mentions camcorder and stuff like that in there.
Venomhatch is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #1023
WishnDisney
Mouseketeer
 
WishnDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSYLEXI View Post
Only 2 more days and I will be at POR.

Does anybody know if you can still do the fastpass+ and fastpass. And if you can have photopass + added to your Magiccband and also get a photopass + card?
I don't know the answers to your questions but . Have a great trip!
__________________
Lynne

Me , DH , DS (14) , DS (12)

WishnDisney is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #1024
WishnDisney
Mouseketeer
 
WishnDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 119

It's official. We have changed our reservations from CSR to POR in June 2014 with a river view RR. I am sooooo excited. I just keep looking at the pictures over and over again.

My kids don't know about it, and am hoping to keep it a secret up until the moment we go to the airport. They think we are going in 2015.
__________________
Lynne

Me , DH , DS (14) , DS (12)

WishnDisney is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #1025
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,861

Oh I almost forgot. Have a very magical day everyone. If your here, welcome! If your going to be here soon hurry up and look forward to having you!
Venomhatch is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #1026
germ539
Goofy is my favorite
 
germ539's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Too far from Goofy
Posts: 408

Definately call the credit card company

When we were there in the end of May, we went to Winn Dixie to buy stuff and it declined mine and DH card. At the time we couldn't figure it out, until we got back to the room and I checked my emails. Got an email from the cc company and called them immediately to let them know where we were. Luckily we had cash on us at the store, but I completely forgot about calling the cc co. Won't ever make that mistake again
__________________
Many trips - offsite
1995 - Dixie Landings
2007 - Old Key West
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
germ539 is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #1027
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,861

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ539 View Post
When we were there in the end of May, we went to Winn Dixie to buy stuff and it declined mine and DH card. At the time we couldn't figure it out, until we got back to the room and I checked my emails. Got an email from the cc company and called them immediately to let them know where we were. Luckily we had cash on us at the store, but I completely forgot about calling the cc co. Won't ever make that mistake again
Yeah one year that happened and it was kinda almost get the embarrassed look on my face like we didn't have the money but knew we did!
Venomhatch is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #1028
ohfiddlesticks
Earning My Ears
 
ohfiddlesticks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: TX
Posts: 23

We had to switch our January trip from POR to BC and I'm starting to feel "homesick" over it... We loooove staying at POR and I'm worried I'm not going to like BC as much..... so give POR some extra love from me while ya'll are there! :P
__________________
2013: DW POR, Cruise on Magic | 2014: JANUARY 2-11 @ BWI!!! eeek!


ohfiddlesticks is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #1029
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,861

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohfiddlesticks View Post
We had to switch our January trip from POR to BC and I'm starting to feel "homesick" over it... We loooove staying at POR and I'm worried I'm not going to like BC as much..... so give POR some extra love from me while ya'll are there! :P
Oh fiddle sticks, indeed. You will miss out. But Beach Club is nice also. Never stayed in that resort just hung out over there. I wasn't impressed, but they have nice kid pools, beaches and cream, boardwalk right there.
Venomhatch is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 12:01 PM   #1030
eaf2063
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Marrero, LA
Posts: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBoyz4us View Post
I like idea #1.

If they opened the magic bands as a gift, do you think they would connect them to Disney World right away?

I also love the idea that someone mentioned about ordering a Mickey shaped pizza!
Hey, what if you plan this ahead of time with the restaurant?
Maybe drop in a day or two ahead and ask the manager what they could do to help you. Then drop by before you go pick up the kids from school , and decorate a table with balloons and assorted Disney themed stuff, maybe a bit of confetti, Mickey plates and cups etc?
It will be a Going-to-Disney party!!! Then, when they ask when you are leaving, you can say RIGHT NOW !!

Oh how fun!
I dont think they would get the bands and even know what they are.... I thought stopping at McDonalds for lunch and running in while they wait in the van. Make sure thier stuff is in individual bags. I will put their band and Disney gift cards that i bought for them in their individual bags and let them figure it out...i also printed the POR Recreational Activities Calendar and have them in envelopes. I dont know.... Ill figure it out... eventually...
__________________
eaf2063 is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #1031
carmelhp
Mouseketeer
 
carmelhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Carmel, IN
Posts: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSYLEXI View Post
Only 2 more days and I will be at POR.

Does anybody know if you can still do the fastpass+ and fastpass. And if you can have photopass + added to your Magiccband and also get a photopass + card?
You can do both fastpass systems, at least as of two weeks ago, when we were there, you could. Photopass+ is separate. We know that because my wife lost our Photopass+ card and we had to replace it. Luckily, we knew we had pictures taken at exactly 10AM at AK at Doug & Russell's the Friday before so they were able to pinpoint what card was used there and transfer everything to a new Photopass+ card (thank you Deborah at the photo shop at HS). Remember to write down your Photopass+ card number.
__________________
carmelhp is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #1032
eaf2063
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Marrero, LA
Posts: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSYLEXI View Post
Only 2 more days and I will be at POR.

Does anybody know if you can still do the fastpass+ and fastpass. And if you can have photopass + added to your Magiccband and also get a photopass + card?
I will be there in 2 days also..... Cant wait!!!
__________________
eaf2063 is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #1033
LisaTC
DIS Veteran
 
LisaTC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaf2063 View Post
Well we havent fully decided yet on how were gonna let them know.... I know that we will be checking them out of school around lunch time on Friday. We will stop for lunch and let them know during lunch.... I thought of a few ideas:

1- Have my husband say that he forgot something in the van and go out there and hang signs up saying were going to Disneyworld...
2- Give them each an envelope with words in it and let them put the words together... Were Going To See The Mouse...
3- Give my older 2 a hint envelope and my 4 yr old an envelope that contains a picture of Mickey.... Let them figure it out....
4- My husband wants me to wrap the magic bands up and let them open the "gift".

Dont think I have thought of the perfect way to tell them yet...... We will probably be brainstorming this all the way til we pick them up on Friday...
We've surprised DD twice...tricky. The very first time she never knew anything until we were at the airport. I packed everything and hid it under our bed, sneaked it into the trunk of our car before she got up in the morning. (Actually her teachers always appreciated her NOT knowing way in advance...it distracts them from school! LOL) On the way to the airport, she thought we were taking DH to a Dr appt! When we got to the airport, she didn't quite know where we were exactly. I had bought a camera for her as a gift and had her open it in the car (it was close to her b-day) and on the camera I had taken a picture of a poem I wrote for her about going to WDW. She finished reading it right when we entered long term parking! She was screaming & jumping up and down when the shuttle stopped by our car to pick us up and the driver was laughing because he knew as soon as he saw her Disney Princess suitcase! It was priceless!

The next time she knew the evening before. I'd just gotten home from the store and I said I had gotten her some things she might need. They were 2 new Disney t-shirts. She said "I might need these?" and I said "yes" for when we go back to Disney. "We're going back to Disney?" "Yes" "When?" "Oh, I don't know....how 'bout tomorrow" Screaming, jumping...etc., etc. Mad dash to get suitcase...you get the picture.

I will say, I will ALWAYS remember her face when we walked into POR and how she just stared the whole way around that place for the first day or two!
__________________
(ME) (DH) (DD10)


LisaTC is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #1034
OneBadApple
DIS Veteran
 
OneBadApple's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Western NY
Posts: 1,179

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaf2063 View Post
I will be there in 2 days also..... Cant wait!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTC View Post
We've surprised DD twice...tricky. The very first time she never knew anything until we were at the airport. I packed everything and hid it under our bed, sneaked it into the trunk of our car before she got up in the morning. (Actually her teachers always appreciated her NOT knowing way in advance...it distracts them from school! LOL) On the way to the airport, she thought we were taking DH to a Dr appt! When we got to the airport, she didn't quite know where we were exactly. I had bought a camera for her as a gift and had her open it in the car (it was close to her b-day) and on the camera I had taken a picture of a poem I wrote for her about going to WDW. She finished reading it right when we entered long term parking! She was screaming & jumping up and down when the shuttle stopped by our car to pick us up and the driver was laughing because he knew as soon as he saw her Disney Princess suitcase! It was priceless!

The next time she knew the evening before. I'd just gotten home from the store and I said I had gotten her some things she might need. They were 2 new Disney t-shirts. She said "I might need these?" and I said "yes" for when we go back to Disney. "We're going back to Disney?" "Yes" "When?" "Oh, I don't know....how 'bout tomorrow" Screaming, jumping...etc., etc. Mad dash to get suitcase...you get the picture.

I will say, I will ALWAYS remember her face when we walked into POR and how she just stared the whole way around that place for the first day or two!
I love it when surprises turn out so well.

We surprised my 16 and 14 year old last year. I had them planning out a trip to Lake George. I would give them websites to check out and everything. We told them a week before only because I knew they would want to pick differently. And they were surprised. I couldn't believe I pulled it off.
__________________
Lauren
11/06 (Thanksgiving) - FW; 11/07 - CBR; 12/08 - CBR; 07/10 - CSR; 07/11 - POFQ; 08/12 - CBR;
11/13 (Thanksgving) - POR;
OneBadApple is offline  
Old 10-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #1035
Just Love Disney
Mouseketeer
 
Just Love Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by POROct2013 View Post
Thanks, Venomhatch! You are the wise one in these forums so I will take your advice and try to relax. Maybe a nice glass of wine tonight will do the trick.

We are going to have a magical time, you are right. We will definitely mention to them at check in about their birthdays. We really can't wait. What 7 year old girl (in this case, two 7-year old girls) wouldn't want to spend their birthday at WDW in a RGR! I know I would have!

Thanks again. Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out.
We are going at the exact same time as you Can't wait! And, I will be celebrating my birthday while we're there as well I hope you all enjoy your trip
__________________


Grand Floridian - 6/1992, Caribbean Beach - 10/2012, Port Orleans Riverside - 10/2013, Split Stay - Pop Century/Caribbean Beach - 10/2014
Just Love Disney is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: