Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #661
TravelE
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: The Peach State
Posts: 41

This past trip (Oct 1-8) we witnessed several people holding up the fast pass return lines with "This is not a valid fastpass" tickets. It was the first time we had really encountered this. They were turned away but it took some time for the CMs to explain. We also waited behind GAC card holders who wanted to include more than 6 people in their group.
Truly it's not a big deal to wait while the CM helps these people. It's a slight delay but once through you do zip through the line.
I miss the days when you could return any time after your fast pass window had started. Ever since then, our trips have felt like the Amazing Race where the clock rules our day.
TravelE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #662
PEANUT1
You can Fly!
 
PEANUT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Burlington, New Jersey
Posts: 2,451

I wrote a letter to disney and got a reply that we absolutely can use our magic bands as well as our paper tickets for fastpasses. This was a hard limit for me when deciding whether or not to try the new system.
__________________
Andrea & Bob Belle 10 , Abby 7
PEANUT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #663
pickles
Just call me Capt. Barbossa-someone has to play the part of the bad pirate
Most Observant DISer Award
 
pickles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Moonlight Shows Us for What We Really Are....
Posts: 2,991

if you have MB..and are at a park and want a FP usuing a machine and not your phone..how do you do it?
pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #664
PEANUT1
You can Fly!
 
PEANUT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Burlington, New Jersey
Posts: 2,451

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickles View Post
if you have MB..and are at a park and want a FP usuing a machine and not your phone..how do you do it?
Disney emailed me that I can use my annual pass in the machines just like before..this is just for now while they are trialing it.I don't know what will happen in the future.
__________________
Andrea & Bob Belle 10 , Abby 7
PEANUT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #665
pickles
Just call me Capt. Barbossa-someone has to play the part of the bad pirate
Most Observant DISer Award
 
pickles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The Moonlight Shows Us for What We Really Are....
Posts: 2,991

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEANUT1 View Post
Disney emailed me that I can use my annual pass in the machines just like before..this is just for now while they are trialing it.I don't know what will happen in the future.
I wont have an AP..just the MB
pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #666
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran
 
LSUfan4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mandeville, La
Posts: 3,214

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriegerjr View Post
And this is only happening with MB guests? Because I know for a fact, that people who do/did not have MB have done it. So it's not isolated to just MB guests.

I never said it was.

You said it was ridiculous that anyone think any actions done by MB testers is having any sort of negative impact on non testers and I am providing information that shows that is not accurate.

The option to double dip and essentially pulling two FPs for one ride increases the return time more than someone pulling a FP and just not using it.

No, it isn't jumping back return times by 2 hours, but no it's not ridiculous to that it has any impact whatsoever.
__________________

LSUfan4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #667
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran
 
LSUfan4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mandeville, La
Posts: 3,214

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickles View Post
I wont have an AP..just the MB
If you are talking about pulling a paper FP, just use the KTTW card you will get at check in.

If you are talking about changing your FP+ return time without a smart phone there are kiosks set up for you to do so.
__________________

LSUfan4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #668
Louisville
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickles View Post
I wont have an AP..just the MB
. They will give you a KTTW card at check in that you can use to pull regular FP. Also if you have a separate park ticket such as one you have purchased from UT these will work as well and in addition to KTTW card.
Louisville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #669
donnishobson
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisville View Post
. They will give you a KTTW card at check in that you can use to pull regular FP. Also if you have a separate park ticket such as one you have purchased from UT these will work as well and in addition to KTTW card.
I have a park ticket with a magnetic stripe bought early this year. Will that work for FP-? I will have MB and Kttw. Only plan to use the ticket for TSMM for my 65th birthday. Should I use the ticket to enter or is the MB okay to use? Leaving in one week.
donnishobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #670
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven
 
skriegerjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: WNY
Posts: 475

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444

I never said it was.

You said it was ridiculous that anyone think any actions done by MB testers is having any sort of negative impact on non testers and I am providing information that shows that is not accurate.

The option to double dip and essentially pulling two FPs for one ride increases the return time more than someone pulling a FP and just not using it.

No, it isn't jumping back return times by 2 hours, but no it's not ridiculous to that it has any impact whatsoever.
Non testers pulling fast passes they don't intend to use can have just as negative an impact on times.

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app
__________________
"Please stand clear of the doors...
Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas"


"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."


skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:37 PM   #671
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran
 
LSUfan4444's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mandeville, La
Posts: 3,214

Quote:
Non testers pulling fast passes they don't intend to use can have just as negative an impact on times.
I don't think so...reason is, they aren't pulling double FPs for the same attraction.

If I am a tester and have a 10 am FP+ reservation for TSM, then arrive to the park at 9 am and grab paper FPs, but don't ever use them I have no essentially reserved two places for TSM.

If you are not a tester and arrive to the park at 9 am and grab a TSM FP without having a FP+ for TSM I will have double the impact on the FP as you.

If I have two and you have one, who has a bigger impact on supply?

I feel you're just arguing semantics.

Testers have more opportunities to manipulate the FP system (which is perfectly fine, allowed and acceptable), so their actions can have a negative impact on non testers simply because they have more options. It isn't a HUGE impact and it isn't ridiculous to think it's a reality.
__________________

LSUfan4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #672
wintotty
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 79

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEANUT1 View Post
I wrote a letter to disney and got a reply that we absolutely can use our magic bands as well as our paper tickets for fastpasses. This was a hard limit for me when deciding whether or not to try the new system.
Which E-mail address did you send your letter? Or did you mail it out?
__________________
CBR March 2012
AKL February 2013
Poly October 2013
POFQ February 2014
CSR November 2014
wintotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #673
GrimGrinningGhost25
Mouseketeer
 
GrimGrinningGhost25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mill Creek, WA
Posts: 110

Whether or not three is enough is a personal preference. When I first heard of the three FP limit I was really angry and did not think that it was anywhere near enough.

When DH and I went down in Jan 2013 we were not part of testing, but I took special consideration to how many FP we were using. We didn't use more than three any day we were there.

Again, this is the way we tour but I can see how some know that it is not nearly enough for them.

I do think the hoppers and AP should get to book in more than one park. Although, this is a testing phase and lots of things can change.

I am one of those people that think FP should only be eligible to resort guests. Not looking to rile anyone up, it's just my opinion. I happen to like the way Universal handles this.
__________________
~Nicole~

"My dearest friend, if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars and sit together, now and forever. For it is plain as anyone can see we're simply meant to be" - Jack & Sally


April '90 (offsite), Oct 2006 (AS Sport), Dec 2009 (POR), Sept 2010 (PC), May 2011 (BLT), Feb 2012 (BW), June 2012 (SSR), Jan 2013 - Our Wedding~Simply meant to be~(BWV), Nov 2013 (BC)
GrimGrinningGhost25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #674
zamboniman333
Ye come Seeking Adventure and Saly Old Pirates, A Ye?
 
zamboniman333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 471

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3190530

Magic Bands/FP+ and Legacy FP (Rumor) for 10/27/2013
__________________






zamboniman333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #675
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran
 
Luvchefmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 30 minutes from Chef Mickey FL
Posts: 11,299

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningGhost25 View Post
Whether or not three is enough is a personal preference. When I first heard of the three FP limit I was really angry and did not think that it was anywhere near enough.

When DH and I went down in Jan 2013 we were not part of testing, but I took special consideration to how many FP we were using. We didn't use more than three any day we were there.

Again, this is the way we tour but I can see how some know that it is not nearly enough for them.

I do think the hoppers and AP should get to book in more than one park. Although, this is a testing phase and lots of things can change.

I am one of those people that think FP should only be eligible to resort guests. Not looking to rile anyone up, it's just my opinion. I happen to like the way Universal handles this.
I bolded the part of your post that made me feel Do you have any idea how many locals never stay at the resorts and do hold APs ? Considering that, it doesn't make much sense to me what you said

For the record, we all are entitled to our opinion and you didn't rile me up Just seems like a totally unfair thing if only open to resort guests locals pour a LOT of revenue into Disney
__________________

A Story of Hope & The Power of Dis<--- THE cake see post # 2000

Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: