Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #871
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,886

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Some people might describe them as "wide", I suppose, they are certainly wider than the standard rooms. I usually call them the "rectangular" deluxe queen, or Option 1 if you are looking at the layout diagrams. Tons of room, you can add a rollaway near the connecting door and still have all that sitting room area. I think Lulu's photos from the first page show that better. There's no daybed, btw, not sure if CRO mentioned that? Comfy couch and chairs, table, desk & desk chair, wet bar area.~sigh~ Love those rooms, I'm so envious you grabbed one with the discount.

I can't tell for sure from her photos, but it's possible johnsonet's room was on the other end of the hallway, closer to the monorail, near deluxe kings 4030 et al. As has been posted, those two triangular rooms were deluxe queens but were made into std. king rooms. Similar layout, but probably backwards (mirror) of the rooms on the end near the courtyard - 3022 & 4022. Does that make sense, or did I confuse further?

Because of the many roof lines and shapes of exterior walls, the GF has some of the strangest-shaped rooms! We've seen a lot of odd room configurations; I had a std. queen over the courtyard that you enter from a small hallway with two room doors on either side. I'll see if I have some photos without people in them, it's pretty cool.
I think Rectangular is a better description than "wider"...LOL. CRO did not mention about the daybed, but I was thinking there weren't any in those rooms, but I wasn't sure. That's ok, though, the two queens will do as my youngest DS didn't find the daybed at the GF very comfortable .

Now that you mention it, I do recall you saying some deluxe queens were turned into deluxe kings. I do agree that the GF has some strange shaped rooms. In May 2011, our standard RPC room overlooked the beach pool/lagoon and was one like you are describing that enters from a small hallway with room doors on either side. This room had a mirror/table right as you walked in, with the bathrooom to the right and the beds to the left. I loved that room as it seemed to have a little more space over the other standard rooms with the way it was set up .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #872
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
k&a&c'smom What do you know..we were posting at the some time....
Yes, how strange! And some of the same details, great minds! Thanks for the extra info on the deluxe queens. Don't you love seeing those old rooms - or, on the other hand, doesn't it bring a tear to your eye?! I laughed out loud about the duvets being better than those bedspreads - do you know, now that they are going, I'm starting to feel a bit more fond of them.

Here are some photos of that std. queen room I mentioned, with the odd shape. Kind of cool, really, but so different than the normal rooms. I have some more photos but they are not on this computer, I think at that time I was putting most on a disk.

This hallway was off the atrium hall

When you opened the door, you were looking down a little hallway right at this hat rack

Standing near the hat/coat rack, you looked right and the dressing area was there with the bath beyond

Turn left at that same spot, you see down another little hall (with the mirrored closet) into the bedroom

Standing at the window, looking back at the beds - see the wet bar? Cool, right?!
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #873
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I think Rectangular is a better description than "wider"...LOL. CRO did not mention about the daybed, but I was thinking there weren't any in those rooms, but I wasn't sure. That's ok, though, the two queens will do as my youngest DS didn't find the daybed at the GF very comfortable .

Now that you mention it, I do recall you saying some deluxe queens were turned into deluxe kings. I do agree that the GF has some strange shaped rooms. In May 2011, our standard RPC room overlooked the beach pool/lagoon and was one like you are describing that enters from a small hallway with room doors on either side. This room had a mirror/table right as you walked in, with the bathrooom to the right and the beds to the left. I loved that room as it seemed to have a little more space over the other standard rooms with the way it was set up .
Ooh, I missed this as I was composing my post with all the photos - is it the SAME room?!? Way cool! I loved it, too, and I agree that it seemed like it had more room, though I don't think the bedroom was even as big as the regular rooms. Just the way it was configured.
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #874
LonandChaCha
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 31

I just called the GF and they said their refrigerators are all in working order. I couldn't find an update on here anywhere, so I wanted to share. This is great news for us with a toddler!
__________________


Celebrating 15 years with DH on September 19th!

DH DD6 DD2 Me
LonandChaCha is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #875
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,886

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkies View Post
MickeyNut sorry that you had to move your trip back...but glad that you will be able to take it next winter...

Glad that you are getting TO utilize the new promo and get in a spring visit to WDW!! I have stayed in the deluxe queen rooms...They are very nice..just be aware they do not have a day bed..The sofa does not open up to a bed either Which makes no sense..LOL.. The room is so spacious tho you could add a rollaway if necessary for your boys.. LOl...

I didn't realize that there were any queen deluxes other than the 4 that are courtyard view rooms...Those are located right above the back entrance to the main building...and have a great view ...

Those room numbers are 4319 and 4320..third floor..and 4419 and 4420 on the fourth floor...

4420 is the very first room off the lounge area...can't get any closer...! They really are very nice rooms..and I think that you will enjoy the extra space...
Thanks, Blue....I'm ok with rescheduling because we had a 3 night cruise booked for this year, but I ended up booking a 4 night for next year.....so 1 more day to explore the ship should be fun. Plus, I'm saving more in March than I was in December.....so it's all good . Now I just have to decide where to stay before and after our cruise next year......decisions decisions (although I think the CR will definitely be one of them). I'm thinking room 4420 would be perfect for us.....I would love to be right next to the lounge because as you know.....it's all about the food .

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Here are some photos of that std. queen room I mentioned, with the odd shape. Kind of cool, really, but so different than the normal rooms. I have some more photos but they are not on this computer, I think at that time I was putting most on a disk.
YES....that is the room I mentioned above. We had that set up in May 2011 and I loved it .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #876
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,886

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Ooh, I missed this as I was composing my post with all the photos - is it the SAME room?!? Way cool! I loved it, too, and I agree that it seemed like it had more room, though I don't think the bedroom was even as big as the regular rooms. Just the way it was configured.
Now we're posting at the same time . Our room was on the 3rd floor and could be seen from across the way when in the lounge. I agree about the size......seemed bigger because of the configuration, but probably the same size .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonandChaCha View Post
I just called the GF and they said their refrigerators are all in working order. I couldn't find an update on here anywhere, so I wanted to share. This is great news for us with a toddler!
Thanks for the update .


I have to say, I was going to keep checking to see if the CR became available for our dates, but I'm getting excited to stay in one of those deluxe rooms .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #877
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonandChaCha View Post
I just called the GF and they said their refrigerators are all in working order. I couldn't find an update on here anywhere, so I wanted to share. This is great news for us with a toddler!
Thanks for that, I think someone just asked about the fridge situation a few days ago, so your post is timely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
Now we're posting at the same time . Our room was on the 3rd floor and could be seen from across the way when in the lounge. I agree about the size......seemed bigger because of the configuration, but probably the same size .
....


I have to say, I was going to keep checking to see if the CR became available for our dates, but I'm getting excited to stay in one of those deluxe rooms .
LOL! Pretty soon, we'll all be posting at the same time.

Has to be the same room, those photos are from the 3rd floor - 4323. Awesome!

You should keep that deluxe room, they are hard to snag, especially with the discount! I think it is baler31 who books hers for the following year the day she checks out. Part of the reason they can be difficult to get is that two of them (4320 and 4420) are accessible, so they tend to save 4319 and 4419, as they are connecting rooms and guests often need the two together. (4319 with 4320, 4419 with 4420) That's what IPO told me, anyway, and I know 4420 is accessible as I was in that one to visit a friend.

Oh, I think you asked about your request. I would put it on the reservation, and alert IPO of your preference. If you don't want to call CRO back, just send a message to IPO to add it to your res for you, that's what I always do.
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #878
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,886

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
LOL! Pretty soon, we'll all be posting at the same time.

Has to be the same room, those photos are from the 3rd floor - 4323. Awesome!

You should keep that deluxe room, they are hard to snag, especially with the discount! I think it is baler31 who books hers for the following year the day she checks out. Part of the reason they can be difficult to get is that two of them (4320 and 4420) are accessible, so they tend to save 4319 and 4419, as they are connecting rooms and guests often need the two together. (4319 with 4320, 4419 with 4420) That's what IPO told me, anyway, and I know 4420 is accessible as I was in that one to visit a friend.

Oh, I think you asked about your request. I would put it on the reservation, and alert IPO of your preference. If you don't want to call CRO back, just send a message to IPO to add it to your res for you, that's what I always do.
I think you're right....we'll have everyone posting together .

That very well could be the same room. I loved it and would definitely request that if I had booked a standard room .

Right now I'm pretty set on keeping the deluxe room. My DH really wants to try the CR, but I'd rather try it in December when there's probably less of a chance to swim as I don't really care for the pool . We do a lot of swimming in the warmer months and my bet would be on late March being a better chance for swimming than December, so I'm thinking the GF will stick (especially since the Poly pool is due to be undergoing a refurb and my DS won't budge on an Epcot resort ).

Thanks for the suggestion contacting IPO for the request. I haven't gotten anything from them yet, so if I don't get an email soon, I'll initiate contact....thanks .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #879
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,333

mickeynut - lol about your DS not budging. Guys. I can't believe he can pass up SAB!!

I do not usually get a message from GF IPO until closer to the check in date, so you will likely have to contact them. I think I've had one trip in the last few years where they sent me an email within a week or so of my reservation, but that's about as good as it gets. And I think that was a last minute trip - well, less than 2 months, if I recall.

Your theory about the weather and using the pool sounds like a good plan. It's often the way we choose, too. I'll keep my fingers crossed you are able to try out that deluxe room!
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 07:54 PM   #880
ahcupcake
Mouseketeer
 
ahcupcake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pa but wish it was the Grand Floridian
Posts: 129

Good Evening Watching DWTS as I type....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post

Hi ahcupcake . I hope you are feeling better soon.

I've tried everything I can think of to get them to sway toward the YC, but they aren't having any of it . I will keep trying, though, because the Epcot area is nice and you can't beat walking to Epcot and DHS . Thinking maybe a split stay might be in order for a future trip so we can do Epcot/DHS with our YC (or BWI) stay and MK/AK with our MK resort .
Thanks mickeynut1 feeling lots better but waiting for the real nasty one to arrive.........Sorryyour guys don't want to stay at the YC, I keep booking it then always cancel and book RPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post

ahcupcake, hope you're done with that nasty sinus infection! No trips in your future yet?
Yes the sinus infection is gone my face no longer hurts.....No trips that have been booked, I plan lots of faux fantasy trips, my latest has us arriving at the GF tomorrow morning for the first of 2 big V&A F&W dinner then checking out Thurs only to check in at the YC for easy access to F&W then check back into the GF on the 28th for the 2nd V&A dinner on the 29th and finally checking out to come home on Nov1..Yep that is a fab fantasy trip


Quote:
Originally Posted by phyllis1966 View Post
I'm a GF lover, but certainly no expert (yet)! So I have a question: are there any Queen deluxe TPV rooms in RPC?

DD is 14 1/2 and, given the option of a vacation in lieu of a big Sweet 16 party, wants to take her BFF with us for that special trip when the time comes. I want to stay RPC and will need the extra space, but would love to see Wishes from the balcony (that RPC TPV surprise upgrade in 2011 has spoiled me for good!)...so, anyone know if there are any?
Sorry the are no deluxe queen RPC TPV rooms.Some of the deluxe queens overlook the courtyard pool & the others overlook the beach pool/GFV and maybe the Poly



Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Thanks for that, I think someone just asked about the fridge situation a few days ago, so your post is timely.



LOL! Pretty soon, we'll all be posting at the same time.

Has to be the same room, those photos are from the 3rd floor - 4323. Awesome!

You should keep that deluxe room, they are hard to snag, especially with the discount! I think it is baler31 who books hers for the following year the day she checks out. Part of the reason they can be difficult to get is that two of them (4320 and 4420) are accessible, so they tend to save 4319 and 4419, as they are connecting rooms and guests often need the two together. (4319 with 4320, 4419 with 4420) That's what IPO told me, anyway, and I know 4420 is accessible as I was in that one to visit a friend.
I didn't know 4420 was an accessible room, I stayed in that room 2yrs ago and there was nothing to indicate that it was ie no roll in shower BUT maybe that has changed since my stay...I loved that room loved the space
__________________
(Me) (Mom) Jon Bon Jovi & Mickey Mouse 2 of my favorite things
ahcupcake is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #881
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,886

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
mickeynut - lol about your DS not budging. Guys. I can't believe he can pass up SAB!!

I do not usually get a message from GF IPO until closer to the check in date, so you will likely have to contact them. I think I've had one trip in the last few years where they sent me an email within a week or so of my reservation, but that's about as good as it gets. And I think that was a last minute trip - well, less than 2 months, if I recall.

Your theory about the weather and using the pool sounds like a good plan. It's often the way we choose, too. I'll keep my fingers crossed you are able to try out that deluxe room!
My youngest is pretty easy going and even if he says not to stay at an Epcot resort, he would go with the flow and be fine with it if that's what we did. My oldest, however.....nothing doing....he's a little more difficult . I do love the MK area and you can't beat the GF, so it's all good. We have stayed at the BC and while we did like SAB, we can take it or leave it. Our favorite is the volcano pool at the Poly, followed by the WL and AKL pools. We are not in the "SAB is the best pool on property" group .

Thanks for the IPO information. I do all of my own ADRs so I don't need IPO for that, but I'll wait until maybe the weekend and email them with my request if I haven't heard anything by then .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahcupcake View Post
Good Evening Watching DWTS as I type....

Thanks mickeynut1 feeling lots better but waiting for the real nasty one to arrive.........Sorryyour guys don't want to stay at the YC, I keep booking it then always cancel and book RPC
Hi ahcupcake ....glad you're feeling better. I hope you're having a relaxing evening of tv watching . I always want to book the YC (or BWI) as we've only tried the BC on that side, but we do love the MK area so I have to admit that even if my DS gave the go ahead, I would second guess myself....LOL. I would probably go with it just to try something new, but I would wish I was on the monorail. LOL on booking the YC and then switching to RPC......the GF is an amazing resort and there really isn't anything like RPC .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 10-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #882
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran
 
k&a&c'smom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Missouri
Posts: 5,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahcupcake View Post
Good Evening Watching DWTS as I type....

Thanks mickeynut1 feeling lots better but waiting for the real nasty one to arrive.........
Yes the sinus infection is gone my face no longer hurts.....No trips that have been booked, I plan lots of faux fantasy trips, my latest has us arriving at the GF tomorrow morning for the first of 2 big V&A F&W dinner then checking out Thurs only to check in at the YC for easy access to F&W then check back into the GF on the 28th for the 2nd V&A dinner on the 29th and finally checking out to come home on Nov1..Yep that is a fab fantasy trip


....
I didn't know 4420 was an accessible room, I stayed in that room 2yrs ago and there was nothing to indicate that it was ie no roll in shower BUT maybe that has changed since my stay...I loved that room loved the space
Glad you are feeling better! Your fantasy trip sounds great to me!

Oops, my bad! I looked in my notes, and my friend was in 4419, I think; the bath was on the right hand side. I don't remember for sure, but I think the bathroom area was larger, kind of vague on whether or not there was a rollin shower. I'll have to ask her, I looked in briefly but it was a while back. (2010)

We were in 4319 in 2007, according to those same notes, but it was not accessible. The room assigner stated in 2010 there was an accessible deluxe room on 3 and 4, so that would indicate 4320 is accessible, but I don't have first hand experience with that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
My youngest is pretty easy going and even if he says not to stay at an Epcot resort, he would go with the flow and be fine with it if that's what we did. My oldest, however.....nothing doing....he's a little more difficult . I do love the MK area and you can't beat the GF, so it's all good. We have stayed at the BC and while we did like SAB, we can take it or leave it. Our favorite is the volcano pool at the Poly, followed by the WL and AKL pools. We are not in the "SAB is the best pool on property" group .

Thanks for the IPO information. I do all of my own ADRs so I don't need IPO for that, but I'll wait until maybe the weekend and email them with my request if I haven't heard anything by then .


....
We love the MK area, I'm with your oldest! Sounds like I'm trying to steer you to the Epcot area, lol, but as everyone knows - my heart is at the Grand.

DD and I LOVE SAB, though, the 8 foot deep lazy river calls to us. Not to mention the ladies who bring us drinks...
__________________
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #883
trishadono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,932

Disney store.com just announced Vera Bradley for Disney will be available 10/21/13! These will look great with our upcoming GF trips.
__________________

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 Cr Atrium Club and GF RPC , poly CL 19 17
trishadono is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 07:02 AM   #884
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran
 
mickeynut1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,886

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
We love the MK area, I'm with your oldest! Sounds like I'm trying to steer you to the Epcot area, lol, but as everyone knows - my heart is at the Grand.

DD and I LOVE SAB, though, the 8 foot deep lazy river calls to us. Not to mention the ladies who bring us drinks...
The Epcot area and resorts are very nice and SAB is great, but there's just something about being near MK and seeing the castle every day .

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Disney store.com just announced Vera Bradley for Disney will be available 10/21/13! These will look great with our upcoming GF trips.
Thanks for this info .
__________________


Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline  
Old 10-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #885
BlueSkies
DIS Veteran
 
BlueSkies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,168

LonandChaCha Thanks for the fridge info! We had a working one during our summer trip too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I think Rectangular is a better description than "wider"...LOL. CRO did not mention about the daybed, but I was thinking there weren't any in those rooms, but I wasn't sure. That's ok, though, the two queens will do as my youngest DS didn't find the daybed at the GF very comfortable .

Now that you mention it, I do recall you saying some deluxe queens were turned into deluxe kings. I do agree that the GF has some strange shaped rooms. In May 2011, our standard RPC room overlooked the beach pool/lagoon and was one like you are describing that enters from a small hallway with room doors on either side. This room had a mirror/table right as you walked in, with the bathrooom to the right and the beds to the left. I loved that room as it seemed to have a little more space over the other standard rooms with the way it was set up .
Love that room and its unique set up...and that wet bar is a nice extra to have too... Its on my really nice room list!!

I know that you are going to enjoy the extra space of the deluxe though...and requesting the one right near the lounge will be great..cause it is all about the food!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Thanks for that, I think someone just asked about the fridge situation a few days ago, so your post is timely.



LOL! Pretty soon, we'll all be posting at the same time.

Has to be the same room, those photos are from the 3rd floor - 4323. Awesome!

You should keep that deluxe room, they are hard to snag, especially with the discount! I think it is baler31 who books hers for the following year the day she checks out. Part of the reason they can be difficult to get is that two of them (4320 and 4420) are accessible, so they tend to save 4319 and 4419, as they are connecting rooms and guests often need the two together. (4319 with 4320, 4419 with 4420) That's what IPO told me, anyway, and I know 4420 is accessible as I was in that one to visit a friend.

Oh, I think you asked about your request. I would put it on the reservation, and alert IPO of your preference. If you don't want to call CRO back, just send a message to IPO to add it to your res for you, that's what I always do.
4323 and 4423 are both on my really nice room list... Should I even admit that I have a list!?? LOL... but it seems that you have one of those lists too... Great minds and all! LOL...

As for those deluxe roomw...not sure what has evolved over the years..but 4320 and 4420 are both regular deluxe rooms now...I do know that 4419 is accessible..but don't think that 4319 is???

ahcupcake Hey girl! Glad you are feeling better. Off topic .Saw DWTS too...What an upset in the ballroom! Ok back on...Very nice fantasy trip..I hope that you can get back to your fave ..the GF soon!

grannyminnie Whatcha up to...I know you got your MB's..Are you packed?? Packing??? its almost time...

Don't know how I forgot to mention this yesterday....doing the single digit dance!!!!!!! woohoo!!!

Hellooooo to all of my fellow GF fans! Have a terrific Tuesday!
__________________
~ DREAM BIG LIVE GRAND ~





BlueSkies is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: