Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #3106
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry if this has been posted already. Here's the link to a "ordering a customize cake at Walt Disney World" blog post over on allearsnet.com: http://land.allears.net/blogs/kristi...ong_heard.html

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #3107
Mike&AllisMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm sorry if this has been posted already. Here's the link to a "ordering a customize cake at Walt Disney World" blog post over on allearsnet.com: http://land.allears.net/blogs/kristi...ong_heard.html
Thanks for sharing!

Wilderness Lodge May 2009
CSR, Grand Floridian May 2011

Wilderness Lodge October 2013
Wilderness Lodge 12/25 - 12/26, Grand Floridian CL 12/26 - 1/5/2015

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #3108
jgperkin
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what the gingerbread tree display is? I received my email back today!!! Yay!!! And she had suggested a gingerbread tree display..just curious if anyone knows....
Aug. 09, Off site: We got engaged! Swan: July '07,DD First trip! Riverside: April '08, Wilderness Lodge: May'09, Corn. Spring: Aug. '09, Polynesian: April '10, ASMovies & Carribean Beach: Aug.'10, Riverside: Feb. '11, Pop Century: April '11, Wilderness Lodge & Cruise on the DREAM & Kidani Village, Aug. '11 for 10 year anniversary, Pop Century, Sept. '11, Aug. '12 Family Trip: Carribean Beach, Mar./Apr. '13 Cruise on the Fantasy & AOA, Aug '13, French Qrt., Dec. '13 1st Xmas Trip Wilderness Lodge August 2014 Back to Wilderness Lodge! March 2015 art of animation august 2015 carribean beach resort and the disney dream!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #3109
Lisa75
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgperkin View Post
Lisa,

Did you call or email? I emailed on Oct. 5 to wdw.contemporary.cake.order@disney.com and I have not heard anything. My order is for Dec. 9th.. Just curious! THANKS!
Just saw you got your response great!!

Last edited by Lisa75; 10-14-2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Saw above post
Old 10-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #3110
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Could anyone who's ordered a special cake from GF recently whether the Whipped Cream Frosting is REAL whipped cream, or the fake stuff?
Is the buttercream REAL or made with Crisco?
TIA
Old 10-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #3111
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burberryplaid View Post
Very pleased to report the special order cake I got for DH's birthday turned out wonderfully! Here are the details:

Date Received: 4/22
Cost: $185 plus tax/tip ($85 for the cake + $100 for the hand painted Donald)
Cake Details: 8" Marble cake with
dark chocolate mousse filling and chocolate buttercream filling. The cake is topped with a hand painted white chocolate Donald figurine.

Review: Yummy!! The cake is very moist and flavorful. It was expensive because of the Donald figurine but I fell in love with it and it was worth every penny! DH was so surprised...had no idea it was coming! We had it delivered to our room while we were at dinner. Everything was set up on a table cloth on the coffee table in our villa...Pictures:

Close up of the Donald figurine:

The Cake
Did you ask them to deliver it when you would be out of the room at dinner, or did it just happen that way? Would love to have one delivered as a surprise like that....
TIA
Old 10-15-2013, 01:47 AM   #3112
enkinney
Earning My Ears

I have been looking through these cake threads for a couple of days now and can't seem to make up my mind on anything, so I have a few questions on what others would recommend doing:

A little background info: I want to surprise my boyfriend with an early anniversary surprise, we have been together 11 years, nothing fancy, the main thing that I want is a different cake/filling combo other than choc/choc or vanilla/vanilla & something that is at least a little customized so that it is special & doesn't look like it was picked up off a shelf, but I don't need fondant or fancy characters, simple but different than a grocery store, I would also like to keep it below $100, the $50 range would be better

1. I want it to be delivered to the room. We are doing a split stay, 1st 3 nights are a studio in Wilderness Lodge & then 5 nights in a 1 bedroom at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village which hotel would you have it delivered to? WL sounds like people have had better luck, but AKL we would have a bigger refrigerator...

2. What size cake? There will just be the 2 of us, but I like the idea of having leftovers around for a few days. Would a 6" be too much? (we eat average size slices, not giant ones or anything, and not on the dining plan so won't be eating other desserts)

3. Any suggestions on a theme? I want to have the phrase "Just to be with you today" on it because it is lyrics from the song he sent me to ask me out (he was shy, we were in high school & he sent it via AIM), I can't really think of a character couple that fits us, we are both quiet, reserved, and really laid back, we do everything together & are really in tune with each other (usually know what the other is thinking, never fight). We probably wouldn't want the princesses, at least not in their formal attire, maybe one of them before they get "transformed"? lady & the tramp? maybe just simple mickey shapes?

Sorry, that is a long post with several questions, but I can't make up my mind! The biggest question I have is the first one (which hotel?) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 10-15-2013, 06:39 AM   #3113
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkinney View Post
I have been looking through these cake threads for a couple of days now and can't seem to make up my mind on anything, so I have a few questions on what others would recommend doing: A little background info: I want to surprise my boyfriend with an early anniversary surprise, we have been together 11 years, nothing fancy, the main thing that I want is a different cake/filling combo other than choc/choc or vanilla/vanilla & something that is at least a little customized so that it is special & doesn't look like it was picked up off a shelf, but I don't need fondant or fancy characters, simple but different than a grocery store, I would also like to keep it below $100, the $50 range would be better 1. I want it to be delivered to the room. We are doing a split stay, 1st 3 nights are a studio in Wilderness Lodge & then 5 nights in a 1 bedroom at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village which hotel would you have it delivered to? WL sounds like people have had better luck, but AKL we would have a bigger refrigerator... 2. What size cake? There will just be the 2 of us, but I like the idea of having leftovers around for a few days. Would a 6" be too much? (we eat average size slices, not giant ones or anything, and not on the dining plan so won't be eating other desserts) 3. Any suggestions on a theme? I want to have the phrase "Just to be with you today" on it because it is lyrics from the song he sent me to ask me out (he was shy, we were in high school & he sent it via AIM), I can't really think of a character couple that fits us, we are both quiet, reserved, and really laid back, we do everything together & are really in tune with each other (usually know what the other is thinking, never fight). We probably wouldn't want the princesses, at least not in their formal attire, maybe one of them before they get "transformed"? lady & the tramp? maybe just simple mickey shapes? Sorry, that is a long post with several questions, but I can't make up my mind! The biggest question I have is the first one (which hotel?) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Me and my husband have a Lady and the Tramp theme one year we even had a cake themed using the characters.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #3114
DisneyLvr55
The thing swooped down, hit me in the face with its wing, scooped up my dog, and flew away

I just want to confirm - I have to call the Contemporary Cake Line if I want a speciality cake for Hoop De Doo Review, right?
Old 10-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #3115
theburkes
Learning the WDW ropes

Just wanting to share these pics. DH and I were at Disney last month celebrating our 10 year anniversary and I had a cake made for him. Ordered through the Contemporary and it was perfect! Delivered to CRT on 9/14. Mini cake, white buttercream, marble cake, Bailey's filling. I wasn't sure they'd be able to do the filigree heart but they were spot on and even did the hidden Mickey I asked for! My DH was so surprised! Cost was $55 plus tax and tip.

Later in the week, my inlaws joined us and they were celebrating their 50th anniversary so we wanted to do something nice for them. We would be having the cake delivered to Coral Reef so I contacted Epcot dining which told me they couldn't do anything fancy. I then contacted the Boardwalk bakery which I started the process but they told me about their restrictions so I ended up contacting the Contemporary again and they helped me. I did, however, pick it up from The Wave but that was ok. 6", marble cake, strawberry Bavarian cream filling, anniversary Mickey/ Minnie with gold accents. $75 plus tax.

I have read some posts where people state that the cake didn't taste good, was stale, etc. but we didn't have an issue. Everything was excellent!!! I couldn't have ever figured this out without this board!!
Old 10-15-2013, 02:38 PM   #3116
amy hood
Earning My Ears

Talking

thanks for sharing. They are lovely.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #3117
Hasil72
DIS Veteran

Can anyone help me??? I had a great conversation with Carl from the GF yesterday about a fondant covered cake I'm ordering for an amazing friend's 40th bday. She's a Dis'er so I was trying not to post because it's a surprise. Anyway, Pat's back and told me we can't do anything Carl said we could, what a shocker. I remember seeing a post on the DIS a while back about a mom who was able to order a cake with Belle on top of a book as a graduation cake but now I can't find it anywhere. Anyone have any ideas? I don't want the standard Belle cake; she's a scientist and we wanted a more bookwork theme. Muppets Beaker was out-no license and they won't do disney nerds.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #3118
JEWLSVERN
Mouseketeer

Do they still do the chocolate slipper and if so what restaurants can you get it at?
Old 10-16-2013, 06:58 AM   #3119
IceSkatingPrincess
DIS Veteran

Here is what we got for our Wishes Cruise! Ordered from the Grand Floridian Bakery for a cruise leaving from the Poly.

Mini mickey wedding cake in pink & Cinderella's Slipper Dessert.
I also included a picture of the Wishes cruise decoration package as I know many people have been wondering.

I paid $59.22 total. They were both delicious, and my husband was so surprised!

DH & I: Rocky: Bagel:

Last edited by IceSkatingPrincess; 10-16-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #3120
tpoo
Earning My Ears

I'm confused. I sent an email with a request for a custom mini cake to be delivered to CRT to the email listed for magic kingdom. They replied that only standard, choc or vanilla mini cakes are available. That I could choose a frosting color, but no fondant or special flavored, decorations. Do I need to call the contemporary instead?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: