Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #3316
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Janet

Candace I sure do need to get away so I am praying Congress ends the Government Shutdown or we might have to postpone until March or next November if we don't get our retirement benefits come Nov

wookie I hope your friends daycare does not get shut down
It sounds like a deal is finally in the works. Hopefully tomorrow the shutdown will end. Remember, DH is military and DoD....luckily he's still working and getting paid, but living with uncertainty is not fun.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #3317
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
It sounds like a deal is finally in the works. Hopefully tomorrow the shutdown will end. Remember, DH is military and DoD....luckily he's still working and getting paid, but living with uncertainty is not fun.
No it's not fun I hope your right about it ending tomorrow

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 10:32 PM   #3318
Lillian Gracey
Lady in Blue

Oh my gosh it has been a long time! I have missed everyone dearly and hope everyone is doing well. I am very excited to be back and with news!

First off with the sad news. My furbaby BlackJack passed away back in January. She had, I believe, a tumor in her chest that was causing her to not breathe properly and more surgery would not have helped her live any longer. She had a tumor and some cysts on another part of her body a year before and luckily surgery helped her stay with us for another year. She was 12 years old and for those who know me, I'm sure you know she meant the world to me.

A couple of months ago my papa (my grandfather on my mother's side) passed away at the young age of 80 due to a few heart attacks that put him in the hospital for a week or so. We thankfully were able to say goodbye to him. Surprisingly he was chipper, cracking jokes and telling stories in the hospital. He was very accepting of what was happening, but it still didn't make it hurt any less for us. I was so grateful that DFi and I were able to see him in the hospital before he passed and that he got to see a picture of me in my wedding dress. Saturday was his 81st birthday so my mother, nana (my grandmother) and I visited his grave and brought balloons and flowers and went to the Cardinals game in St. Louis. My nana was praying for a win so hard and they won. It was worth every penny we spent on the tickets to see her so happy. My papa was a huge Cardinals fan (they even slaughtered the teams they were playing the weekend he passed away) and we knew it was only him and God answering her prayers.

Now with the good news.

My DBF of four years proposed to me a few months ago! And after a few months of searching for a venue and going through lots of frustration, my mother threw out the idea of having the wedding at Disney World seeing as it would probably make me a lot happier. She didn't want to spend double the money for a big wedding here and have me not be that happy. So after much deliberating, since family is very important to the both of us, we chose Disney. We wanted to go with something that we know we will cherish for years. Plus we are saving my family a lot of money by doing the Escape Wedding and I know they can use that money toward something else.

Quite a few family members have been very supportive surprisingly. Not sure how my grandmother and grandfather on my dad's side will feel about it, but I know they will be happy to see me getting married. I don't know if I should regret it or not because my mother was complaining about it all weekend, but she kept saying it will be fine. She doesn't like having almost no control over the wedding and not getting as much bang for her buck. Plus I think she is sick of me talking about it for 10 hours (It's a 5 hour drive to St. Louis). I think she will get over it too.

It's so nice to be back and share my plans with everyone and catch up on everyone else's lives and trips! I hope there has been a lot of changing! I know there's a lot in my future! I've already been debating on a few resorts to stay at on our Disneymoon. I'm thinking POFQ or the mansions at POR, but who knows how long that will last! I haven't even chosen a date yet and won't be able to get one set 'til a few months from now. We're looking at the last Friday of September so we can hopefully get some low crowds, nice weather, catch the beginning of F&W and check out MNSSHP!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #3319
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillian Gracey View Post
Oh my gosh it has been a long time! I have missed everyone dearly and hope everyone is doing well. I am very excited to be back and with news!

First off with the sad news. My furbaby BlackJack passed away back in January. She had, I believe, a tumor in her chest that was causing her to not breathe properly and more surgery would not have helped her live any longer. She had a tumor and some cysts on another part of her body a year before and luckily surgery helped her stay with us for another year. She was 12 years old and for those who know me, I'm sure you know she meant the world to me.

A couple of months ago my papa (my grandfather on my mother's side) passed away at the young age of 80 due to a few heart attacks that put him in the hospital for a week or so. We thankfully were able to say goodbye to him. Surprisingly he was chipper, cracking jokes and telling stories in the hospital. He was very accepting of what was happening, but it still didn't make it hurt any less for us. I was so grateful that DFi and I were able to see him in the hospital before he passed and that he got to see a picture of me in my wedding dress. Saturday was his 81st birthday so my mother, nana (my grandmother) and I visited his grave and brought balloons and flowers and went to the Cardinals game in St. Louis. My nana was praying for a win so hard and they won. It was worth every penny we spent on the tickets to see her so happy. My papa was a huge Cardinals fan (they even slaughtered the teams they were playing the weekend he passed away) and we knew it was only him and God answering her prayers.

Now with the good news.

My DBF of four years proposed to me a few months ago! And after a few months of searching for a venue and going through lots of frustration, my mother threw out the idea of having the wedding at Disney World seeing as it would probably make me a lot happier. She didn't want to spend double the money for a big wedding here and have me not be that happy. So after much deliberating, since family is very important to the both of us, we chose Disney. We wanted to go with something that we know we will cherish for years. Plus we are saving my family a lot of money by doing the Escape Wedding and I know they can use that money toward something else.

Quite a few family members have been very supportive surprisingly. Not sure how my grandmother and grandfather on my dad's side will feel about it, but I know they will be happy to see me getting married. I don't know if I should regret it or not because my mother was complaining about it all weekend, but she kept saying it will be fine. She doesn't like having almost no control over the wedding and not getting as much bang for her buck. Plus I think she is sick of me talking about it for 10 hours (It's a 5 hour drive to St. Louis). I think she will get over it too.

It's so nice to be back and share my plans with everyone and catch up on everyone else's lives and trips! I hope there has been a lot of changing! I know there's a lot in my future! I've already been debating on a few resorts to stay at on our Disneymoon. I'm thinking POFQ or the mansions at POR, but who knows how long that will last! I haven't even chosen a date yet and won't be able to get one set 'til a few months from now. We're looking at the last Friday of September so we can hopefully get some low crowds, nice weather, catch the beginning of F&W and check out MNSSHP!
I don"'t think I ever got to know you very well before but nice to see you back! And super congrats about your upcoming wedding!
Old 10-14-2013, 11:09 PM   #3320
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Now with the good news.

Sorry to hear about your losses, but congrats on your upcoming Disney wedding!!

I think POFQ would be a great place to stay. Small intimate resort, boat to DTD, and carriage rides along the river! We stayed there last January and are booked there again this January.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:27 PM   #3321
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Did I mention my Renovations are finished?

I think I fried my vacuum sucking up all that drywall and other dust for the past 2 months. Had to go buy a new vacuum yesterday decided on a Dyson.
It's been a long haul, but was worth it. The place looks great. Now need new furniture for downstairs rec room, but going to take my time as I'm not sure what I want yet!
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:02 AM   #3322
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
I think I fried my vacuum sucking up all that drywall and other dust for the past 2 months. Had to go buy a new vacuum yesterday decided on a Dyson.
It's been a long haul, but was worth it. The place looks great. Now need new furniture for downstairs rec room, but going to take my time as I'm not sure what I want yet!
It must feel good to be done Sue! And yay for a Dyson, they are supposed to be excellent.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:06 AM   #3323
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Now with the good news.

Welcome back!!!! I had often wondered where you went. And he finally proposed!!!! How exciting!

Quote:
I love our Dyson!!!!!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 10-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #3324
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Janet: Can you add our May dates to the first page??

May 8 - 16
Resort to be decided!

Thanks!!

Jen
Old 10-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #3325
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Jeanette I don't like them much today either. I wish I could come visit too. Bob has his Mom to take care of him
Well there you go then Sheila...come on down!!! Bella too of course, Maddie would be thrilled to have a roommate like you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Pas, I second everything you wrote....

Sheila, you move down to Pas land, then it will be easier for me to have DIS meets with you heck you, me, Dani, Pas and maybe Jen?... Bob will won't know what hit him
BEST PLAN EVER!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Not much going on here. Just between football and my gaming schedule, I haven't made it over to the DIS in a while. The DH actually called me at work the other day and had been looking at homes to rent. Now I just need for my friend's HOA to not shut her down. Turns out that the HOA agreement she signed had a "no in home business" clause in it and one in home day care in her sub-division has already been shut down.
So stupid, because you know it's a nosy neighbor thing...jeez I hope nothing happens

Quote:
HANNAH!!!!! OMG HIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!! You were missed!!!

For our newer RCers..Hannah had been an RCer since our stepdisney was the RC Queen (miss that fine lady, she is a full time teacher, like our heather)...AH, welcome back girlfriend! First good first..CONGRATS! I knew you two were in it for the long run Port Orleans sounds very romatic for a Disneymoon!

I am very, very sorry for your losses

Quote:
:It's been a long haul, but was worth it. The place looks great. Now need new furniture for downstairs rec room, but going to take my time as I'm not sure what I want yet!
Very happy for you Sue!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Janet: Can you add our May dates to the first page??

May 8 - 16
Resort to be decided!

Thanks!!

Jen
F&G here you come!!!!!!!!!

Guess whose DH was on YouTube watching Christmas videos of Epcot and MK...and old River Country...extinct rides..ummm basically all things Disney....MINE!!!!! I am SO happy
Old 10-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #3326
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Well there you go then Sheila...come on down!!! Bella too of course, Maddie would be thrilled to have a roommate like you

BEST PLAN EVER!!!
So stupid, because you know it's a nosy neighbor thing...jeez I hope nothing happens

HANNAH!!!!! OMG HIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!! You were missed!!!

For our newer RCers..Hannah had been an RCer since our stepdisney was the RC Queen (miss that fine lady, she is a full time teacher, like our heather)...AH, welcome back girlfriend! First good first..CONGRATS! I knew you two were in it for the long run Port Orleans sounds very romatic for a Disneymoon!

I am very, very sorry for your losses

Very happy for you Sue!!

Guess whose DH was on YouTube watching Christmas videos of Epcot and MK...and old River Country...extinct rides..ummm basically all things Disney....MINE!!!!! I am SO happy
Don't you just love that?

I was shocked to find mine reading up on menu's at GF restaurants last night.

PAST TRIPS:
Old 10-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #3327
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yep, just trying to squeeze in one more trip before the AP's expire...knew that was going to happen.

My DH has been known to peruse the Disney videos too! Love it!!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #3328
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Don't you just love that?

I was shocked to find mine reading up on menu's at GF restaurants last night.
He has NEVER done it, yep we were looking at GF cafι breakfast menu..he said it looked much better to him than Kona And, I did almost change him to Sugarloaf...I saw a promo yesterday for cheaptickets...which was 25% off on top of the WDW discount..with tax it cam out to $397/nt..BUT I am attempting to be frugal
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Yep, just trying to squeeze in one more trip before the AP's expire...knew that was going to happen.

My DH has been known to peruse the Disney videos too! Love it!!
Awesome!!! I hope he makes it a habit, I may turn him yet!! He's asked if we can do the 1st day at Epcot..yep that is the plan!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #3329
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
He has NEVER done it, yep we were looking at GF cafι breakfast menu..he said it looked much better to him than Kona And, I did almost change him to Sugarloaf...I saw a promo yesterday for cheaptickets...which was 25% off on top of the WDW discount..with tax it cam out to $397/nt..BUT I am attempting to be frugal
Awesome!!! I hope he makes it a habit, I may turn him yet!! He's asked if we can do the 1st day at Epcot..yep that is the plan!!!
Darn frugality. It has me looking at WL today....

PAST TRIPS:
Old 10-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #3330
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Darn frugality. It has me looking at WL today....
I am sooo gonna jinx myself BUT I haven't changed from the poly in over a month. 49 days to go. I'll just change DHs resort...hahaha

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: