Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #16
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2thomason View Post
Just curious....what's a dummy cruise?
A reservation (ressie) made onboard for a future cruise to gain the onboard booking (OBB) benefits. 10% off non concierge level cabins, 10% deposit instead of 20%, and an onboard credit (OBC) of $100 or $200 depending on the length of that future cruise. It's a dummy because often the pax isn't actually sure when they actually want to sail in the future. Some do, some don't. Or the dates are not released to book yet. For both you are allowed to move the date/ressie (OBB) as often as you like currently, as long as it's before the paid in full date(PIF), usually 75 days prior to sail.
You will retain those benefits with the move.

If the future cruise is unknown than generally you would chose the least expensive cruise in the future to book onboard. Often folks only book two pax also. Then add more later. This keeps the deposit cost down onboard.
Once you move the OBB to a set date folks add other pax if needed to that cabin or two, if possible (careful), and therefore usually pay more deposit $ at that time.

HTH
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:40 AM   #17
j2thomason
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412 View Post
A reservation (ressie) made onboard for a future cruise to gain the onboard booking (OBB) benefits. 10% off non concierge level cabins, 10% deposit instead of 20%, and an onboard credit (OBC) of $100 or $200 depending on the length of that future cruise. It's a dummy because often the pax isn't actually sure when they actually want to sail in the future. Some do, some don't. Or the dates are not released to book yet. For both you are allowed to move the date/ressie (OBB) as often as you like currently, as long as it's before the paid in full date(PIF), usually 75 days prior to sail. You will retain those benefits with the move. If the future cruise is unknown than generally you would chose the least expensive cruise in the future to book onboard. Often folks only book two pax also. Then add more later. This keeps the deposit cost down onboard. Once you move the OBB to a set date folks add other pax if needed to that cabin or two, if possible (careful), and therefore usually pay more deposit $ at that time. HTH
Thanks! That was really helpful!
1 Disney cruise
1 Disneyland Paris trip
Always planning my next Disney trip!
°O°

j2thomason is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #18
kuhltiffany
Mouseketeer

Hmmm, so I guess that makes my next question...has anyone booked a dummy lately for someone who wasn't cruising with them?

Quote:
So is this info from the FAQ Sticky wrong? TIA ***New rules for Onboard Bookings Effective 03/04/2012 When booking onboard, you are allowed to book 2 reservations per household that will receive the 10% discount, 50% deposit reduction and onboard credit (based on Castaway Club level). They must be for the same sail date. You will not be allowed to book these for someone not on the sailing and that is not in your household. Disney Cruise Line will allow you to book more then the 2 reservations for future sailings but they will not have the 50% deposit reduction or 10% Discount. They will have an onboard credit (based on Castaway Club level). There is nothing stating these have to be in the same household so this basically replaces the Friends & Family certificate without giving additional 30 days after sailing to book. So perhaps the PP won't be receiving all the bennies after all?

kuhltiffany is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #19
jenerra11
Mouseketeer

Bumping for a response to your question as I want to know as well.
jenerra11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #20
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuhltiffany View Post
Hmmm, so I guess that makes my next question...has anyone booked a dummy lately for someone who wasn't cruising with them?
My parents were on the Fantasy in Aug and booked a cruise for me while on board. They booked two cabins on the same cruise, one for them and one for me and DD. Both got 10% off, 10% deposit and OBC. We do not have the same address. We are all CC silver.

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012
Gilland18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #21
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
So is this info from the FAQ Sticky wrong? TIA

***New rules for Onboard Bookings

Effective 03/04/2012

When booking onboard, you are allowed to book 2 reservations per household that will receive the 10% discount, 50% deposit reduction and onboard credit (based on Castaway Club level). They must be for the same sail date. You will not be allowed to book these for someone not on the sailing and that is not in your household.
Yes, the above is incorrect. That is what was released by some TAs before the policy went into effect. I posted the wording directly from the booklet that DCL has at the desk and this thread has experience of someone who was able to do this right after I returned from the MV and asked that it be corrected, but it was never changed. There are many posts on the boards where someone has booked for people not on the cruise with them. This would work well for a family group cruise if you already have a dummy date you moved to a cruise and have more family who would like to go. On another cruise you can book two more staterooms for that same date so they can join you.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2910556

Quote:
"Offer valid for Categories 4-11 only. Offer not valid for concierge level categories, 2-night cruises, IGT, OGT and VGT Categories with Restrictions, or Disney Fantasy maiden voyage. All staterooms must be booked and deposit paid while onboard. Special cruises have separate cancellation and deposit policies. Other discounts do not apply. This offer is limited to two staterooms on one future cruise date [per household sailing]. Any additional staterooms on the date booked onboard will only receive the onboard credit portion of the offer. Additional sail dates can be booked onboard at the current prevailing rates. See disneycruise.com for applicable terms and conditions."

There is nothing in this saying that the people have to be on the ship to have the reservation made in their name.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #22
BibiSmart
Earning My Ears

I reserved a dummy date last month for $90 for 2 people that I know are sailing. As long as one is sailing I was told you can add and change prior to paying in full.

I had asked for a dummy date out of PC but was given a 4-day of Miami in 12/14.
BibiSmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #23
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Thanks. Excellent. Got it.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:27 PM   #24
sullins5
alias the 'disneychick'

Another question along the same lines? Just booked 2 cabins (dummy), but he didn't tell me or ask who was going on the cruise. Put myself and a dd in one, and my dh and differing dd in the other. Will it be a problem if I want to add or take away someone? I didn't know you had to be precise with who was going, and since he never asked WHO was cruising, I was surprised when I saw our confirmation. Any advice here? We really don't know who will be cruising next time...

'93 off-site WDW, '94 CBR May & Oct., '98 CBR, '01 CBR, '04 CBR, '05 Peabody, '06 Pop, '06 Embassy Suites, '08 CBR, '09 CBR, '10 CBR, '11 Oct Disney Magic, '12 May CBR, '13 Sept Disney Wonder, Planning for 2015 EBTA!
sullins5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #25
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullins5 View Post
Another question along the same lines? Just booked 2 cabins (dummy), but he didn't tell me or ask who was going on the cruise. Put myself and a dd in one, and my dh and differing dd in the other. Will it be a problem if I want to add or take away someone? I didn't know you had to be precise with who was going, and since he never asked WHO was cruising, I was surprised when I saw our confirmation. Any advice here? We really don't know who will be cruising next time...
As long as at least one person on each original reservation goes, you are fine. So if you and DH goes with another family just book them between the two rooms and get your KTTW cards straightened out onboard. The only thing is that when you add someone to the rooms they will be at the current rate, not when you booked. So if you want to add people now, do so. You can always change the names of the others on the reservation [except for the one original] up to 30 days before the cruise for no charge, then $50 after that.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #26
sullins5
alias the 'disneychick'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
As long as at least one person on each original reservation goes, you are fine. So if you and DH goes with another family just book them between the two rooms and get your KTTW cards straightened out onboard. The only thing is that when you add someone to the rooms they will be at the current rate, not when you booked. So if you want to add people now, do so. You can always change the names of the others on the reservation [except for the one original] up to 30 days before the cruise for no charge, then $50 after that.
Thanks so much for this! Called and spoke to a great cm who walked me through it all!

'93 off-site WDW, '94 CBR May & Oct., '98 CBR, '01 CBR, '04 CBR, '05 Peabody, '06 Pop, '06 Embassy Suites, '08 CBR, '09 CBR, '10 CBR, '11 Oct Disney Magic, '12 May CBR, '13 Sept Disney Wonder, Planning for 2015 EBTA!
sullins5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: