Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 07:53 AM   #976
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by peainapod View Post
Okay, I KNOW I am just missing it (lack of sleep with an infant LOL!)

Where may I find the fax form that Andre (I believe) was kind enough to make for us?
Actually I made it and its in my signature.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:58 AM   #977
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
One by the main pool. But its not too small.
Thanks! That is good news!

October 2011 - Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter (Honeymoon) / May 2012 - Disney's Polynesian Resort / December 2012 - Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge / October 2013 - Disney's Coronado Springs / April 2014 - Hilton Grand Vacations Suites on Int Dr, Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Wyndham Lake Buena Vista (Downtown Disney Hotel) / Upcoming November 2014 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside, Yacht Club Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2013, 08:47 AM   #978
Katelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishnDisney View Post
So, I'm pulling the trigger today and moving our reservations from CSR to POR. We want a RR (okay, I want). I'm so conflicted, though. We want to minimize our walk to the main buildings, but I'm afraid a pool view will be noisy, so am leaning toward river view. We also drive to the parks instead of the bus...I want it alll!!!! (whine, whine) So, at this point, I think we'll book RR, river view, and then send in a fax 5 days out requesting a room conveniently located to the main buildings. Does this make the most sense?

Thanks.
This is what I did as well. Booked RR river view and I'll fax when we're a week out asking for Oak Manor, close to the bridge. I was going to ask for a corner room but I don't want to ask for too much or I figure I'll get nothing lol.

Beach Club: December of 1991,1994,1997,1999 and 2002
Caribbean Beach: December 2004,February 2006
Pop Century: February 2006
POR: December 2013
POFQ: April 2014
Old 10-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #979
WishnDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelly View Post
This is what I did as well. Booked RR river view and I'll fax when we're a week out asking for Oak Manor, close to the bridge. I was going to ask for a corner room but I don't want to ask for too much or I figure I'll get nothing lol.
In looking at the map, it doesn't look as though there are many RR river view in Oak Manor. Maybe I was looking at things wrong. I'm okay with Paterre, too, as long as I'm not way down at the far end.

We stayed at CSR this year and the room was sooo quiet. I would like to have that same "quietness".

Me , DH , DS (14) , DS (12)

Old 10-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #980
Katelly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishnDisney View Post
In looking at the map, it doesn't look as though there are many RR river view in Oak Manor. Maybe I was looking at things wrong. I'm okay with Paterre, too, as long as I'm not way down at the far end.

We stayed at CSR this year and the room was sooo quiet. I would like to have that same "quietness".
It does look like there are more river view rooms at Parterre. Like you, I don't want to be all the way down at the far end if I'm in that building. Not only because it's further from the bridge but there's also a road near that end of the building. It's part of POR, but I don't want a room near any traffic noise.

Beach Club: December of 1991,1994,1997,1999 and 2002
Caribbean Beach: December 2004,February 2006
Pop Century: February 2006
POR: December 2013
POFQ: April 2014
Old 10-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #981
snorkelyn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjh73 View Post
Hi, Just wondering if anyone children have done the Pirate Adventure, how was it? Also how far ahead did you book? Thanks!
My kids have done the one at Grand Floridian twice.
First time, they were 4 and 6. This past trip they were 5,7 and 9.
My 9 year old might have been a bit too old this time. He didn't get into it. But for kids 7-8 and younger- it's perfect.

I assume the adventure and experience is similar between the 2 resorts. We picked Grand Floridian because we wanted to eat breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Alone

They deck out a pontoon boat like a pirate ship, throw a pirate bandana on the kids and a pirate life vest. Practice their "ARHHH". They sail the seas and stop at various beaches to dig for buried treasure (this may be different at POR). Then they eat a snacky lunch (think lunchable or PB&J pocket) and depart the boat with a goodie bag.

9/2010-Poly 9/2013-CSR 3/2014-POR 5/2014-Boardwalk Villas 7/2014-POR 9/2014-Contemporary-CL 9/2014 Yacht Club

Old 10-14-2013, 10:44 AM   #982
snorkelyn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny3boys View Post
We will be making our first trip to Disney in Nov and staying at POR. My DS6 is still a bedwetter. He wears pullups at night, but sometimes still gets the bed wet. How do we handle wet sheets at the resort?
One of ours wets the bed too. We just got back from CSR, and they had waterproof mattress pad covers on the beds (the softer, padded type with waterproof material on the underside of it). I saw another post on this, and many people who stayed at various other Disney resorts said their rooms had them too. Maybe it's fairly new?

I would think you could request one if your room doesn't have one. Disney's got them!

9/2010-Poly 9/2013-CSR 3/2014-POR 5/2014-Boardwalk Villas 7/2014-POR 9/2014-Contemporary-CL 9/2014 Yacht Club

Old 10-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #983
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

fridges

any recent news on POFQ refrigerators .. testing my ticker if it doesnt show up im done trying lol

Old 10-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #984
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
any recent news on POFQ refrigerators .. testing my ticker if it doesnt show up im done trying lol

oy thats 25 days not 1 year lol
Old 10-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #985
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

one more try for ticker

Old 10-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #986
eaf2063
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKyleigh View Post
When and how are you going to tell them?

I know how you feel. We still have 66 days to go. I've been keeping this secret since Marcy 2012. I've almost slipped a few times.
Well we havent fully decided yet on how were gonna let them know.... I know that we will be checking them out of school around lunch time on Friday. We will stop for lunch and let them know during lunch.... I thought of a few ideas:

1- Have my husband say that he forgot something in the van and go out there and hang signs up saying were going to Disneyworld...
2- Give them each an envelope with words in it and let them put the words together... Were Going To See The Mouse...
3- Give my older 2 a hint envelope and my 4 yr old an envelope that contains a picture of Mickey.... Let them figure it out....
4- My husband wants me to wrap the magic bands up and let them open the "gift".

Dont think I have thought of the perfect way to tell them yet...... We will probably be brainstorming this all the way til we pick them up on Friday...
Old 10-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #987
momof3littles
Mouseketeer

We are taking our first trip as a family to Disney in February. I was there when I was 4, but my other family members have never been, including DH. We booked a preferred at POR. What additional room request(s) would you make? I don't know if we should just hope for pixiedust and a decent view, or if we should make a specific request My kids will be almost 10, 7, and almost 4 when we travel. I know everyone wants things to be magical, and I feel a bit of that since I'm not sure when we'll be back. However, I feel like I'm being annoying by making a request even though I know that's pretty standard.

Would you request anything specific in one of the preferred AB buildings? I guess if I don't, I might end up staring at a parking lot for a week.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #988
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaf2063 View Post
Well we havent fully decided yet on how were gonna let them know.... I know that we will be checking them out of school around lunch time on Friday. We will stop for lunch and let them know during lunch....
If you're stopping for burgers (or any round food!) get three of them laid out in a 'Mickey-head' shape and have a laugh about it being like Mickey Mouse, mentioning that reminds you of Walt Disney World and the Hidden Mickeys that they have there... wouldn't it be great to go there sometime, kids? And when the kids say yes (I do hope they say yes!) tell them "OK, how about right now?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof3littles View Post
We booked a preferred at POR. What additional room request(s) would you make? I don't know if we should just hope for pixiedust and a decent view, or if we should make a specific request
Don't overthink things; if you don't have any other particular criteria, just request "a nice view rather than the parking lot please".

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #989
mdlove2cruise
Earning My Ears

Shipping Address

Can anyone confirm the shipping address for Riverside for having cases of water shipped directly to the room? Thank you.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #990
TinkerBelleGirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
If you're stopping for burgers (or any round food!) get three of them laid out in a 'Mickey-head' shape and have a laugh about it being like Mickey Mouse, mentioning that reminds you of Walt Disney World and the Hidden Mickeys that they have there... wouldn't it be great to go there sometime, kids? And when the kids say yes (I do hope they say yes!) tell them "OK, how about right now?".

I love this idea! It makes me wish our kids didn't already know we are going!
Closed Thread

Tags
faq, por, port orleans riverside

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: