Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2013, 02:40 AM   #2506
Tashinwdw
Holidays at WDW - closest I will ever get to being a Princess

Our stay is split with DCL 4 night bahamas in the middle, will we need to pay for refill twice?

Disneyland & WDW 1996 WDW at Boardwalk 2012
2014 WDW, DCL and Disneyland YAY! Fingers crossed that a DCL Alaska cruise is on the horizon
Tashinwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #2507
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashinwdw View Post
Our stay is split with DCL 4 night bahamas in the middle, will we need to pay for refill twice?
yes because you will have 2 registrations for the hotels and your refills will last for the length of stay for each one
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #2508
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It depends. If your split stay and cruise total 14 days or less you can buy the length of stay option on the mug and it will still be good on your 2nd WDW stay.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #2509
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2JoeyandBen View Post
Can anyone tell me if the WL has been updated yet to the RFID chips in their mugs yet? We are going in about a month and was curious as to what to expect.

Thanks!
I think the RFID system is in place at all resorts now.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #2510
disneydee6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutojudy View Post
I think we need a new updated THE ONE AND ONLY REFILLABLE MUG FAQ AND QUESTIONS thread. The first post hasn't been updated since 2010, a lot of things have changed.
Agreed! This thread is helpful, and most of the FAQ there is still useful, but I had to look to the end of the thread to see answers regarding the way the new mugs work.

disneydee6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:12 AM   #2511
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
It depends. If your split stay and cruise total 14 days or less you can buy the length of stay option on the mug and it will still be good on your 2nd WDW stay.
just like the "split stay" with the previous mugs.. to me this should still be one cost.

If I were you, I would make sure I have all the paper work showing weare staying at disney. on the same vacation ie, not trying to trick them with a few different trips. (and i would be speaking with a supervisor, if needed)
nebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #2512
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
just like the "split stay" with the previous mugs.. to me this should still be one cost.

If I were you, I would make sure I have all the paper work showing weare staying at disney. on the same vacation ie, not trying to trick them with a few different trips. (and i would be speaking with a supervisor, if needed)
The previous official policy was that the mugs were good for unlimited refills at the resort where they were purchased for the length of your stay. There was never a policy that allowed reusing mugs at a different resort. The official policy was never enforced though.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #2513
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
When we went in September we had a multi stay and then some! 3 days at SSR, 4 nights on DCL then back at SSR for 4 nights then VWL for 1 night finally at AKV for 2 and it worked for the entire time in all resorts ( 14 nights ) . It was good for two weeks. the cast members just set it for your last day of stay. We were pleased!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:51 PM   #2514
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
The previous official policy was that the mugs were good for unlimited refills at the resort where they were purchased for the length of your stay. There was never a policy that allowed reusing mugs at a different resort. The official policy was never enforced though.
I have to disagree. it kinda "evolved" into the policy. disney knows that people will stay longer and spend more money at more expensive resorts by doing split stays. I once waited in line at walmart to return the $2.oo the clerk overpayed me. and chased out a customer at the restaurant where I work with a $5 bill I found under their table.
but I have not lose a bit of sleep over using the same mug at the 3 resorts we stayed on one single Disney vacation.
smidgy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:52 PM   #2515
smidgy
dimples

double post
Old 10-15-2013, 11:54 PM   #2516
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
When we went in September we had a multi stay and then some! 3 days at SSR, 4 nights on DCL then back at SSR for 4 nights then VWL for 1 night finally at AKV for 2 and it worked for the entire time in all resorts ( 14 nights ) . It was good for two weeks. the cast members just set it for your last day of stay. We were pleased!
this is exactly the way the mugs are intended to work! great to hear!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #2517
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
I have to disagree. it kinda "evolved" into the policy. disney knows that people will stay longer and spend more money at more expensive resorts by doing split stays. I once waited in line at walmart to return the $2.oo the clerk overpayed me. and chased out a customer at the restaurant where I work with a $5 bill I found under their table.
but I have not lose a bit of sleep over using the same mug at the 3 resorts we stayed on one single Disney vacation.
The policy changed with the RapidFill system. The old policy never "evolved". The old policy was never enforced so you could take a mug from one resort to another and nobody cared, but that doesn't mean that the policy changed or evolved.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #2518
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
The policy changed with the RapidFill system. The old policy never "evolved". The old policy was never enforced so you could take a mug from one resort to another and nobody cared, but that doesn't mean that the policy changed or evolved.
yes, the old policy did evolve. the reason they let you use your mug for your entire, single disney vacation is because that was the original intention. they just diint' consider split stays when they came up with the refillable mug. when they discovered SO MANY!!!! were doing split stays, they allowed you to use the mug for your entire, SINGLE disney vacation.

when they came up with the rapidfill, they made SURE to consider split stays, since they realized their mistake the first time around.

but, you say potato(long "a"), I say potato(short "a"). either way, any time I do a split stay at disney, I will be using the same mug I purchased at the first resort, as I always have.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #2519
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
yes, the old policy did evolve.
You can disagree with fact if you'd like, that's up to you.

The picture below is from the side of my mug from my WDW visit in June 2013. The same notice on the side of the mug was posted at all the drink stations. So as you can see the policy didn't change or evolve until they implemented the RapidFill system.

Last edited by EpcotBill; 10-17-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:22 AM   #2520
RasberriPie13
Mouseketeer

Coffee Refills

I read and watched the video, so is it my understanding that coffee and hot water are not part of the rapid refill program yet. I usually bring my own instinct coffee with me.
RasberriPie13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: