Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 04:01 AM   #16
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by levenhopper View Post
Thanks! The question now becomes, do I even bother trying to change it, or leave everything how it is and go into the pirate dinner with an open mind? I think I'm most inclined to just leave it and not bother trying to change anything...especially because celebrating Cat's birthday in Palo could be a really special experience.
This is totally your call. Our personal preference is not to miss the MDR at all and we choose to do Palo for brunch. We really enjoy the continuity of service and the time with our table mates each night. If we HAVE to miss one, the pirate menu would be it all the way.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #17
JohnsPrincess
DIS Veteran

I think I said this in our group, but Pirate Night is Fun!! I don't remember what food we had...but then I only remember ONE thing we ate the entire cruise, so...lol. But just the experience...there's no way I'd miss it!!! :-) I booked us in for a (surprise) Brunch at Palo so that we won't miss any of the Main Dining stuff.

DH39 Me34 Sebastian1 Daisy Aurora Willow AGD
Disney Cruise on the Wonder: Christmas 2009 & Dec 2013
Trips to Parks: Too many to count!
JohnsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2013, 12:59 AM   #18
scrapbookmomma74
We love DCL!!!

Definitely change to late dining, we have found that we like it so much more...no being rushed back from an excursion to go straight to dinner.

Also, we've done the Western 3 times. Here is my 2 cents:

LOVE LOVE LOVE Grand Cayman Stingray Sandbar...if there is ANY way you can get out there, do it! It is amazing...

We have had nothing but issues in Cozumel with our excursions that we've booked through DCL, and on our most recent western, we decided to NOT do a Cozumel excursion. Instead, we shopped a bit, went back to the ship for lunch and I went to the spa for 2 hours in the afternoon.

Snorkeling on Castaway Cay is fun, but if you do it, go first thing in the morning. The later it gets, the more people have been swimming and kicking up sand, and it gets cloudy. There is some neat stuff out in the water there.

Pirate night menu is actually one of my favorites, but I know I'm in the minority there, and I'll never win the argument. We prefer Palo for brunch, that way we don't miss any of the MDR dinners.

Have a fantastic time!
A lifetime of memories at the "World"! 1974, 1975, 1983, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, DCL Magic 2010, DCL Magic 2011, DCL Dream 2011, DCL Magic 2012, DCL Fantasy 2012, DCL Dream 2012, DVC Member Cruise Dream 2013, DL Resort Summer 2013, DCL Fantasy 2013, DCL Magic 2014
[/url][url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
scrapbookmomma74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 01:34 AM   #19
Makayna
Something brought you here, Flynn Rider. Call it what you will... fate... destiny........ A horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookmomma74 View Post
Pirate night menu is actually one of my favorites, but I know I'm in the minority there, and I'll never win the argument.
It's nice to see somebody else say that! Other than Palo, Pirate night was my favorite menu! I really don't understand why everyone hates it!!!
Old 10-18-2013, 02:55 AM   #20
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Hi Jordan! So glad to see you're trying out DCL!

Looks like a fantastic plan ...

I'd keep the Palo evening you have now, but when you get on board try to change it to the next night. We've successfully changed our Palo plans on fully booked cruises by asking in the dining reservation place as soon as we board.

I'm not a fan of Pirate night (dinner, the show is awesome!), but I'm less of a fan of missing a Palo dinner!
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 07:47 AM   #21
Liltx
DIS Veteran

I would do a snorkle, stingray combo in cayman. We used moby Dick last minute and loved them! The snorkeling is only 30 minutes a d you don't have to get in the water w the rays to enjoy them if your friend is really scared.
I would plan a beach day in cozumel. The snorkling is a average here at best. Instead head to Mr sanchos by taxi and do the pay as you go option. Or if you really want to snorkel here take a taxi to the money bar. We bring our own equipment but you can rent there too. Its only a $10 taxi ride and no entrance fee just buy a couplenof drinks.
Liltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #22
pmwweston
Platinumatlast

Talking Four Wheel Adventure

We just sailed this same cruise a few weeks ago. We very much enjoyed the Four wheeling adventure in Jamaica. It was so much fun even though I had never been four wheeling. It is worth the time and money to go.
pmwweston is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adult trip, caribbean cruise, disney cruise, planning help, wonder cruise

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: