Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #46
emmedancer
DIS Veteran

Well sadly the week flew by and we are currently sitting in MCO waiting for our plane home. Full TR coming soon!

emmedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #47
emmedancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by napleskid View Post
emme - here is a shot of you guys leaving the port as you turned out to sea at 5:19pm. Such a grand, beautiful ship - hope you and family are having a blast!
Wow, she really is a beautiful ship! Thanks for the picture!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #48
Princess Michelle
Kissing Bandit
it's hard to beat Colonel Sanders...
Hot for the hot vickyBaby

I hope you have a safe flight home, can't wait to hear all about your trip!

11/02/13 Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean, trip report in progress!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200853
Princess Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #49
DMMarla07860
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read your report. Hope you had a great time
July 14th-18th, 2002- 3 Night Resort and 4 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, April 23rd-30th, 2005- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, August 19th-26th, 2006- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Double Dip Cruise, September 6th-9th, 2007- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, July 13th- 20th, 2008- Mexican Riviera Disney Magic Cruise, February 21st-28th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 28th-March 7th, 2009- 7 Night Disney Magic Eastern Cruise, August 27th-30th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, December 10th-13th, 2009- 3 Night Disney Wonder Cruise, March 6th-13th, 2010- 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise, February 17th-20th, 2011- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, February 20th-24th, 2011- 4 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 27th-May 3rd, 2011- 6 Night LA to Vancouver Disney Wonder Cruise
February 16th-19th, 2012- 3 Night Disney Dream Cruise, April 21st-28th, 2012- 7 Night Disney Fantasy Eastern Cruise(first one),
June 15th-17th, 2012- 2 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC), August 17th- 25th, 2012- 8 Night Disney Magic Cruise(NYC)March 16th-23rd, 2013-7 Night Disney Fantasy Western March 23rd-30th, 2013-Disney Fantasy EasternUpcoming Cruises: November 20th-24th, 2013- Disney Magic
DMMarla07860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #50
emmedancer
DIS Veteran

Day 1 : Embarkation

Well as I posted previously, we flew out of Nashville into MCO on Friday night. We got there fairly late, so we picked up our bags and headed upstairs to check into the Hyatt. We got two adjoining rooms, which were very nice, with small balconies that overlooked the airport 'lobby'. We ordered some room service for dinner. I had a caesar salad, while DDad had a burger and DMom some quesadillas. I took a quick shower and ironed all of our cloths for the next day and then we were off to sleep.

The next morning flew by! We all got ready and then headed down to breakfast around 7:30. We ate at the buffet in the Hyatt. It was pretty good, but not fantastic. We went back to our rooms to finish repacking, and then DDad wanted to start taking pictures. We took some in the hallway and then headed out to see if our driver had arrived yet. He was supposed to get us at 9:30 so we could be at port by 10:30. We got an early start at around 9:15, and got to the port by 10!! He was quite the heavy footed driver. We stood in line until the started letting people in around 10:45. It only took a few minutes to get through security and up to the concierge/platinum check-in desk. Everyone was very nice and the whole process went by quickly. We had a seat in the 'lounge' and took some pictures by the boat.

They started embarkation at 11:15 on the dot. I forced by dad to take the embarkation picture with me. We always skip it for some reason, but being that there wasn't a wait I didn't see why we should't have one taken. After a short stop we were on our way towards the Fantasy. Can't you tell I'm excited?!

We stepped on board as they announced that the Brown family had arrived. After us about 3 more Brown families stepped onboard as well! We were then ushered past the mid-ship elevators and the shops to the forward set of elevators. They sent us up to deck 12 so we could meet all of the wonderful concierge hosts. PJ, Julia, and Kemmisha made our week the most wonderful cruise experience we had ever had. They went out of their way to make every day special. We got a seat in the lounge and had some snacks and coffee. I'm sure you all know by now that they coffee machine in the lounge is the most amazing thing. It can make lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos and more with the push of a button. We sat down to enjoy our snacks and Julia came over to meet with us. She went over everything we had already booked for our cruise. She changed our Remy reservation to 3 people instead of 2, booked more spa services for us, and more. She answered all of our questions about what to do in the port as well. After spending a good 15 minutes with us she moved on to help another family. It was a little before 12 at the time so we headed out to Enchanted Garden for lunch. Cabanas is not our favorite as you will be able to tell later on in the TR.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #51
alagille
Mouseketeer

Hello next door neighbor! We were in 12508 with the rambunctious 7 and 4 year old boys. So seriously hoping they never rang your Mickey doorbell. We had some apologies on the trip. (Embarrassed) I'm sure you saw them playing with the 4 Norweigian girls in the lounge. My 7 year old was smitten with them and they did not speak more than a word or two of English. We had cabana 9.
I recall seeing you in the lounge with a rose after your Remy dinner. Very beautiful. Donna P.
alagille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #52
alagille
Mouseketeer

I did hear that Julia is leaving on vacation for 6 weeks in 2 more weeks and Kemisha in 3 weeks. PJ will go on vacation when they get back. I'm sorry I did not hear who is replacing them while they are on vacation.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #53
MizDisney513
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to read about your experience!

"All of our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."

"I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter."

MizDisney513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #54
JayhawkFans
Mouseketeer

Excited to continue reading all about your cruise!!!

Disney Dream - 1/12/14- 4-night Bahamian
Disney Dream - 9/26/13- 3-night Bahamian
JayhawkFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #55
emmedancer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alagille View Post
Hello next door neighbor! We were in 12508 with the rambunctious 7 and 4 year old boys. So seriously hoping they never rang your Mickey doorbell. We had some apologies on the trip. (Embarrassed) I'm sure you saw them playing with the 4 Norweigian girls in the lounge. My 7 year old was smitten with them and they did not speak more than a word or two of English. We had cabana 9.
I recall seeing you in the lounge with a rose after your Remy dinner. Very beautiful. Donna P.
Hey neighbor! Your boys were adorable and we never had any bad experiences with them. We were in cabana 14, I remember seeing you all on Castaway as well. Thank you so much! Hope you guys had a wonderful vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizDisney513 View Post
Can't wait to read about your experience!
Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkFans View Post
Excited to continue reading all about your cruise!!!
Glad you're coming along!

Old 10-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #56
MomsOf2boys
Has obsessive finger chatter disorder

Loving your report so far. I am interested in your Cabbanas description. We are not fond of it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alagille View Post
Hey.... you had our room that we will have next Halloween!
Grew up at Disneyland...Raised my kids at Disney World...Had a little Wonder in Oct 04, Had a Magical week with a great group of DISers in Oct 07! We enjoyed dreaming aboard the DREAM in '12! Why Not Have Halloween Weekend 2014 on the Dream?!!
MomsOf2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #57
PaDisneyCouple
DIS Veteran

DW wants me to ask why you prefer EG to Cabanas. Just on embarkation day?

Looking forward to more. We sail in 4 days!
10/10 BC Club Level 10-11/11 Dream 4-night & CR 3-night 10/12 Dream 4-night 10/13 Fantasy 7-night Eastern
10/14 Fantasy 7-night Eastern

PaDisneyCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #58
alagille
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsOf2boys View Post
Loving your report so far. I am interested in your Cabbanas description. We are not fond of it either. Hey.... you had our room that we will have next Halloween!

Hey! You will love the balcony and location of 12508. we rarely if ever heard any noise from deck 13 chairs. Cabanas worked well for hot foods but i always ate at 7-730am. It was never crowded for me and the boys all just ate in the lounge.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #59
lisatav
Mouseketeer

I know its been a while but welcome home and Happy belated Birthday! 'm looking forward to reading more about your cruise! Very jealous of the coffee machine in the concierge lounge! Now if only I could figure out how to get one in my home!
Next Trip: January 2015- Port Orleans- French Quarter
lisatav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #60
teatah
Earning My Ears

I cannot wait to read the remainder of your report. We are thinking of booking a 7-day so trip reports are my best friend.

WDW: off site '93, Dixie Landings '96, ASMo '00, '04, '06, '08, Pop '09, '10, '12, AKL '11, AoA '12, OKW '14
DCL: Dream '11 & '13, Magic '13, Wonder '14,
teatah is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: